• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big general tip for everyone https://www.hitmaps.com/ is a insanely good resource for Hitman. They have interactive maps for every single level in the World of Assassination Trilogy.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Despite me not really putting in much time to either 1 or 2, I'm probablyyyy going to pick this one up hah.

Trying to decide where to get it. I could always use more games on my new consoles (XSX/PS5), but also I have 1 on PC from when it was free. Do we know if there's anything cool happening on the PS5 with the Dualsense?

Oct 28, 2017
Big general tip for everyone https://www.hitmaps.com/ is a insanely good resource for Hitman. They have interactive maps for every single level in the World of Assassination Trilogy.

I'd like to also point out Hitman Roulette. Even after you complete the absolutely exhaustive amount of content across the games, this site keeps things fresh by setting infinite new challenges for the main missions.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to biting into the old as new maps in this game. I did play first three maps of hitman (2016) and I think like two of Hitman 2.

But I'll finally play them now as I'm in a mood for more Hitman after getting the platinum in Blood Money and Absolution in about two weeks after buying the games on the January Sale on PSN.

Plum

May 31, 2018
After thinking of buying it for a while I think I'm gonna pass on this one, at least until it's on sale. For some reason these games just give me quite noticeable anxiety, and buying Hitman 2 at launch showed that off quite well. It's the combination of stealth gameplay, the "make your own fun," challenge-style, and the FOMO of Elusive Contracts that does it, I think. Just doesn't lend itself well to a calm gaming experience lol

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if the console version does or eventually will support ray tracing?

I'm not sure if it has been said, but they have updated materials to accept SSR and there is already visible extensive use of planar reflections: so perhaps a big chunk of the groundwork has already been done. There will be lots of people that call out those things as RT no doubt anyway

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe we're getting a new one, and a next gen SKU with upgrades for 1 and 2, too boot. It's almost too much.
Yeah it's fantastic, it feels like a series that has had more than it's fair share of lives, I'm so please that IO believe it it enough they keep making more.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This series is a treasure. Hitman 1 and 2 might be the secret crown jewels of the past generation. There's nothing like it. They are like a holy grail of evergreen single player games that don't involve grinding, just knowledge and skill.

I can't believe we're getting a new one, and a next gen SKU with upgrades for 1 and 2, too boot. It's almost too much.

Its been an interesting arc for the franchise. Its been weird playing Hitman for like at this point TWENTY years and finally seeing it ascend to this point where its finally breaching the mainstream.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I'm incredibly excited for everything Hitman related. It's just one of the best games I've played this generation. It just hits the nail for me with everything it does. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So, I haven't played any of the modern Hitman games. I also just bought a PSVR for no real good reason and own a PS5.

If I buy this on PS5 and buy Hitman 1 and 2 through 3 I will be able to play all 3 games in PSVR through backcompat mode *and* will get the better running version of 3 on PSVR, is that right?

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Part of me wants to get this as I've been playing Hitman since the first, but for some reason I haven't been too into the reboots.

I play the levels and its real difficult for me to go back in and replay them, gorgeous games but for some reason they haven't been very satisfying.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, I haven't played any of the modern Hitman games. I also just bought a PSVR for no real good reason and own a PS5.

If I buy this on PS5 and buy Hitman 1 and 2 through 3 I will be able to play all 3 games in PSVR through backcompat mode *and* will get the better running version of 3 on PSVR, is that right?
I'm not sure about the VR stuff, but you would import your ownership of the levels and just play the entire trilogy within 3. Each game is a 'platform' for all the stages. The versions in 3 will run and look better, and if they support VR that's where they'd do it.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT.

Excited for more Hitman. I played 2 like it was episodic, only 1 map a month. Don't know if I'll do the same here.

Either way, my PS5 is set up for the automatic preload. I have no idea if it will download the PS4 or PS5 version though since the console is really bad at surfacing that information. Might be in for a surprise when I wake up tomorrow.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the HDR is good in this. Really liked it in 2 even though it could be quite fiddly for it to kick in properly.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT

Playing through HITMAN 1 & 2 currently and having a great time! Don't know why I slept on these games. Hyped for the 3rd instalment.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I followed the other thread and I got H1+H2 with DLC downloaded and ready for part 3. One question remains...

Should I wait till Wednesday to play H1 and H2 in H3? Or should I play H1 in H2? Are the changes that significant to wait till Wednesday?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I followed the other thread and I got H1+H2 with DLC downloaded and ready for part 3. One question remains...

Should I wait till Wednesday to play H1 and H2 in H3? Or should I play H1 in H2? Are the changes that significant to wait till Wednesday?
I feel like at this point you may as well wait because we are so close, they arent going to be completely different games but may as well wait 2-3 days for what are probably going to be the best versions. up to you tho on the other hand no better way to prep for hitman 3 then the amazing hitman 1 and 2

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
my hype for this game is going through the roof. almost there.

I'd like to also point out Hitman Roulette. Even after you complete the absolutely exhaustive amount of content across the games, this site keeps things fresh by setting infinite new challenges for the main missions.
these are fantastic. thanks for the links, y'all.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
btw has it been said if Hitman 3 will be receiving DLC? or is it a wrap for the trilogy once this drops and then on to 007 IO go

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
btw has it been said if Hitman 3 will be receiving DLC? or is it a wrap for the trilogy once this drops and then on to 007 IO go

Silent so far, they are talking like this is the complete deal but honestly, I fully expect DLC depending on how the launch goes. But this is common for any game; if it's successful enough, DLC gets greenlit. IOI has two studios and I doubt they are at the point where it's all-hands-on-deck to support 007. I would guess new maps are the least likely, but again, anything is possible.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Silent so far, they are talking like this is the complete deal but honestly, I fully expect DLC depending on how the launch goes. But this is common for any game; if it's successful enough, DLC gets greenlit. IOI has two studios and I doubt they are at the point where it's all-hands-on-deck to support 007. I would guess new maps are the least likely, but again, anything is possible.
Super important to note that IO is really tiny in comparison to most Triple A studios especially after their layoffs. I would expect them to move as fast as they can to get everyone onto 007 aside from a small team that is doing elusive targets and escalations.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Weird that my Amazon order still says "we'll email you with an estimated delivery date"

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that Epic and IOI have both pledged to incorporate our purchased content on Steam into this game instead of requiring it to be repurchased, I've preordered the game.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm interested to see how much the Hitman 2 Gold Access pass costs on EGS after the 80% off. Tempting to pick it up if the price is decent.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I can't remember where I read/heard it now but I'm almost positive IOI have said they won't be releasing any new maps as DLC but they will release some bonus missions that are more along the lines of those in Hitman 1 (The Icon etc).

I'm totally fine with that honestly, I really liked the more bite-sized feel of those missions and how they utilised areas of the maps that didn't really get a workout in the main missions.

Feb 10, 2018
I have Hitman 1 and 2 on Playstation 4

And I bought a Xbox Series... what do you think is better, buying Hitman 3 on PS4 so as to have my progression from the 2 previous games

Or buying Hitman 3 on Xbox Series, with (I guess) faster loading screens ?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
ABSOLUTELY loved the first two, I think I will wait until I get a better TV and a ps5 to buy this, but I will be keeping a close eye.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Any hot deals? I saw 10% off on GMG, probably will nab that at the standard edition for now

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I played the first two on PC recently and really enjoyed them. Gonna wait for some performance impressions, but I think I'm gonna get this on the PS5 if it runs at a stable 60fps. Don't really care about importing the earlier games' content to it, I just want to do the new missions.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
ABSOLUTELY loved the first two, I think I will wait until I get a better TV and a ps5 to buy this, but I will be keeping a close eye.

My TCL p605 just died on me so this is where I'm at...but I'll still probably be too impatient to wait and just play it on my 27 inch monitor :P

I have invested an absolutely absurd amount of time into this series. IO is a goat dev imo, I hope H3 does really well for them. I know the series has never done big numbers but I think they'll be fine regardless now that they have the Bond franchise to play with. Match made in heaven, that.

I had plenty of time with H2 but wasn't as wowed by the maps outside Miami, Mumbai, and Isle of Sgail. The ones in 3 look amazing from what we've seen so far, that English manor level in particular giving me flashbacks to Contract's Beldingford Manor, one of the best!

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Any deals on Hitman 2 Gold Edition for the Xbox, or what's the cheapest way to get the extra DLC levels? I bought the base game at launch and completely forgot that more levels were released later.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone managed to play Hitman 2 on steam with a new xbox controller? It doesn't seem to register triggers. Can't fire my gun. I guess I'll be choking people to death instead.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, is there a graphical/gameplay improvement in Hitman 2 if playing it through the Hitman 3 client? If I import by Hitman 2 data into 3 on the Series X will it give me any improvements apart from being able to seamlessly play those Hitman 2 missions from Hitman 3?