• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Top to bottom across the first two games:

Paris
Sapienza
Isle of Sgàil
Hokkaido
Miami
Bangkok
Haven Island
Mumbai
Marrakesh
Colombia
New York
Whittleton Creek
LOLorado

Will Helmut Kruger or Sheik Zanzibar make an appearance or be targets in this one?

I've been waiting for five years to get a shot at Tren Po, and I fear I won't ever get that chance.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought Hitman 1 and 2 while they were on sale on PS5, haven't played them. Do I need to download them to transfer their levels into Hitman 3 on PS5?

Last edited:

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Tried both 1 and 2 before but never really got into them.

Started 1 again two weeks ago and I've finished every mission in 1& 2 multiple times and I'm addicted. Can't wait for 3.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see it posted, but looks like they are looking into the Hitman 1 and 2 carryover situation (at least Epic is)

Ill pick it up when or if this is resolved

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
It's super personal. There literally is no right way. Personally I will explore as much as possible try and remember where I find certain items observe enemy movements. Then I usually just complete the level some-how. The game then gives you an idea of how well you did and what challenges you might have already completed, but also gives you hint's of ideas (e.g. "ohhh an image of a grand piano, I wonder what I can do with that") as to what other challenges might exist.
You will also be unlocking new starting locations and starting disguises which can greatly help with infiltrating a level. And over time you will learn things like. Oh this door is locked, but I am sure I saw a keycard in the office once so you start to put 2 and 2 together. I will usually play one level to exhaustion before moving on to the next. And when I am done with a level I will do one serial killer run for various challenges that I couldn't unlock otherwise... 😬(It plays surprisingly well as a shooter imho).

I'm pretty sure I will replay all the old missions again as-well.
It'll vary for everyone but when starting a new level I try to do it completely blind, relying on dialogue and not using the mission stories that guide you through specific scenarios, unless I find them naturally in that first playthrough. Then in later runs I'll do those mission stories to figure out some of the larger pieces of the level. Then look at the challenges to see which I can figure out and generally try to get full mastery of a level from there.
I do storyfied missions first, than exploring the map for various trophies and fun, to unlock new starting place and gear.
I also try to do the costume/disguise/victims/sniper/hardest trophy in one run (it's a series of achievements identical in all maps).

Don't listen people who will tell you "haha story missions are for noobs lol" because it's a noob statement. Story missions are here to learn you many things about the level, but also to know how to start some events that can be essentials for trophy hunting.

Also, EVERY (subbed) conversations even from the most anonymous NPCs are useful to hear, all of them will hint you at something regarding targets, levels or whatever.

And "achievement hunting" in this game isn't an abstract ladder, but really change your playstyle and will force you to an unknown creativity.
Been playing Hitman since 2003 when Hitman 2 Silent Assassin dropped. The biggest tip I can give for Hitman is treat it like a puzzle game. The world around you will react in many different ways figuring out how the world will react to you is part of the discovery and fun of Hitman games. So just let yourself have fun and explore and try various things to see how the game reacts. Every stage is filled to the brim with secrets to unpack. It's what makes the Hitman games so fun.
I find that a good place to start is to just sort of explore where you can and can't go with your default outfit, and also notice who can get into places you can't. Once you get a handle on being able to get into places without arousing suspicion, it's a lot easier to track your targets and figure out a good place to try to isolate them.

Also doing the mission stories is great if it feels overwhelming at the start. You get a specific end goal with steps to complete, so all you have to focus on is completing the step you're on . Doing all those will give you a fair bit of familiarity with the map and also some location experience, which might unlock new equipment or starting locations which are helpful.

Good tips everyone, thanks! Will re-read them all next time I sit down with Agent 47.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm so ready to play the Knives Out inspired level.

Fun Fact:
The level is set in Dartmoor, which is where many of Agatha Christie's Novels were set (and where she created Miss Marple & Hercule Poirot) so It is clearly inspired by those novels and the countless things that they inspired, including knives out!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
going in totally blind, haven't watched a single piece of media on H3 but I bet I will love it since H1 & H2 are two of my favorite games.

Replaying H2 (and H1 levels) on PS5 right now, I 100%'d the base game on xbox at launch but haven't played much since then. All the way up to Mumbai now, hopefully I can finish up before wed's launch. Just doing enough to hit level 20 mastery, I can 100% each level inside HItman 3 I figure and then do mastery level.

I think PS5 preloads start monday sometime, should be plenty of time to preload. Although I bet people with a disc will be able to play sooner, I can see retailers selling the game monday night since thats usually release date for games. I don't mind, a day or two is no big deal to me.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I finished hitman 1 100%, been trying to finish hitman 2 in time for 3 but don't think I will be able to finish up the legacy ones in time. Really wish saves transferred from 1 to 2. Can't wait for 3, looks like a big upgrade

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the 4k mode will run any better in hitman 3. Vrr on my cx is masking the non locked framerate well but I'm curious if they're still going to have a full 4k mode in 3.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! Enjoy the game everyone!

Release trailer drops tomorrow.

These days are a bit too exciting for me. A bit anxious, but damnit if I'm not proud of this game, and the trilogy as a whole.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! Enjoy the game everyone!

Release trailer drops tomorrow.

These days are a bit too exciting for me. A bit anxious, but damnit if I'm not proud of this game, and the trilogy as a whole.

You and the whole team should feel very proud.

The first 2 are fantastic and I fully expect the 3rd to continue in that form.

Great work as always.

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
cannot fucking wait. have personally come so long with this series lol.

still remember playing through hitman 2 (the original one) back in the day with a friend and both of us freaking out when you run into agent 17, gave us such a scare lmfao

FUCKING HELL THAT SOUNDTRACK.

OG Hitman2 is one of the best games ever made.

Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed diving back in to Hitman 2 for all of the content added in. The themed challenges are a really great addition. Hopefully they go all out with the Hitman 3 support, as they've clearly upped their game repeatedly since the launch of 2016.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you understand the story of the first 2 games if you play the levels in Hitman 3?

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I bought Hitman 2 on the Xbox store last week. When I import these into Hitman 3, do they get any resolution or framerate benefits using the new engine?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't see it posted, but looks like they are looking into the Hitman 1 and 2 carryover situation (at least Epic is)

Ill pick it up when or if this is resolved

That's good to hear, I'll either wait for them to fix this or get the Steam release eventually since I have H1+2 on Steam.

On the plus side, at least it will give me a chance to actually play through 1 and 2.
Never found the time to get into much of Hitman 1, and I just bought 2 in preparation for this.
I think I just got more into watching people stream the game than actually playing it myself, haha.