• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
cannot fucking wait. have personally come so long with this series lol.

still remember playing through hitman 2 (the original one) back in the day with a friend and both of us freaking out when you run into agent 17, gave us such a scare lmfao

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So I've downloaded H2 on my PS5. I haven't downloaded the dlc or H1 content however its all still open to me and my progress on them is showing. Does this mean I can just boot this up at launch and do the thing to get it in H3? I don't need to redownload all H1 in H2 and all the dlcs as well?

So previously you had to have all H1 Content installed and downloaded to qualify for that H2 pack to show up to download- you access this by booting H1 and choosing the option to download the legacy pack.

This then gives you access to the H1 levels in H2

I might expect a Similar setup for H3, so you may need to boot H2 in order to access those maps on H3.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I do wonder if they'll have DLC missions for this or is everyone jumping to 007?
There are other projects unannounced also, there are various teams and projects at IO, I imagine that a single mission doesn't require the full force of a Dev team for what I assume will be a fairly mature development process

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So previously you had to have all H1 Content installed and downloaded to qualify for that H2 pack to show up to download- you access this by booting H1 and choosing the option to download the legacy pack.

This then gives you access to the H1 levels in H2

I might expect a Similar setup for H3, so you may need to boot H2 in order to access those maps on H3.

Also, if you are playing on PS5- I wouldn't be entirely unsurprised if you have to boot the PS4 version of H3 - so it might be worth having that ready once you've done the other steps in the chain.
Oh thats a point. Hmmm, I dont actually have the ps4 version of 3 so that could be an issue. But yeah I had wondered if the dlc will need to be installed at the time as it seemed to be the case with H1 to H2 from what I'd remembered.

Hopefully IO will clarify soon. Their page from the other day covered most thing like progression and all that but that also mentioned they will go into detail on the porting of levels soon and its only a few days to go now. It wouldn't be as much of an issue but thats near 100gb I may need to download on top of the 70gb for the new game so you'd think they'd have wanted the answers to that out well in advance.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hitman is one of my favourites but I think I'll wait on this one. Only got a PS4 and mid-low spec PC so won't be able to run it to my liking.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Oh thats a point. Hmmm, I dont actually have the ps4 version of 3 so that could be an issue.
ah, well if they have made the product available like that, that seems unlikely to be the case. But certainly I'd get the 1st 2 installed so you can access those store pages for the unlocks

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ah, well if they have made the product available like that, that seems unlikely to be the case. But certainly I'd get the 1st 2 installed so you can access those store pages for the unlocks
Yeah I think I'll put them on download tonight just to be safe. Hopefully I'll get the downloads done in time

Oct 27, 2017
They're totally releasing it on inauguration day on purpose, aren't they? Good send-off for the "end" of a shitty time.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait!

on sale for $49.99 on Amazon. Same for Walmart for those who want to pick it up themselves.

Last edited:

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
To anyone replaying the missions these days or planning to do so before H3, don't forget to watch these videos!

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wrench, crowbar and screwdriver are my favorite non-lethal/lethal weapons, also because these are useful to provoke accident and never seen as suspicious. The screwdriver can be thrown for an instant and silent death.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know if the Legacy Packs will be available for Preload too? Imagine i'd need to redeem it in the Previous game again like for H1 -> H2?

It seems that the Hitman 3 download will include the previous two games levels and the Access Passes you can buy (or are given free if you meet the conditions) will unlock them.

"Game Size
HITMAN 3 will take up approximately 60-70 GB of storage space on all platforms, with the obvious exceptions of Stadia and Switch. The data that you download will also include all the content required to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 – but you are still required to own/purchase access to those games."

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So whats everyones go to for equipment when you start? Aside from level specific stuff.
Lockpick, coin, stashed briefcase with break apart sniper.
Absolutely, i switch it for the fibre wire actually. I never seem to find a use for the wire anymore lol

Also, whats the point of the briefcase now, aside from hilarious kills? I feel like i used it a lot more in the past.
I use as my drop point pickup for snipers, explosives etc.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Sapienza is the most overrated Hitman map
It's amazing how real and and alive that place is, that's what I love about it the most. I don't care so much for the underground lab, but the actual town itself ❤️❤️❤️❤️
The Gelato store, the ottica , the little delis and restaurants are all just so well observed and true to life - it's just like being in place (and places it's based upon)

Landslide variant of it too is also just so amazingly atmospheric, you can almost feel the warmth of the sunset and the smell of fried calamari.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT! I think any tips for newcomers or people who have picked up the last few games and struggle a bit because they aren't used to the sandbox gameplay could be welcome. Speaking for myself at least who just bought Hitman 2 in preparation for 3. How do y'all approach levels?

This is an excellent first post and question. I started playing Hitman 2 the other day, got to the Miami stage, which is the first proper stage in the game, and was thoroughly overwhelmed with how to tackle the assassinations lol.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Landslide variant of it too is also just so amazingly atmospheric, you can almost feel the warmth of the sunset and the smell of fried calamari.

I saved that mission for last (couldn't access it earlier as I had bought the game episodically) and wound up shoving the target off the church tower and impaling him on a spire. My jaw dropped.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if they'll have DLC missions for this or is everyone jumping to 007?
I think they said a while back that there wont be any DLC locations this time. But who knows, wouldnt be the first thing that changed between the time they said that and the release of the game :D.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
My small ranking from best to worst:

H1:
1. Hokkaido
2. Sapienza
3. Paris
4. Marrakesh
5. Colorado
6. Bangkok

H2:
1. New York
2. Colombia
3. Miami
4. Sgail
5. Maldives
6. Mumbai
7. Whittleton Creek
8. Hawke's Bay

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
This is an excellent first post and question. I started playing Hitman 2 the other day, got to the Miami stage, which is the first proper stage in the game, and was thoroughly overwhelmed with how to tackle the assassinations lol.

I find that a good place to start is to just sort of explore where you can and can't go with your default outfit, and also notice who can get into places you can't. Once you get a handle on being able to get into places without arousing suspicion, it's a lot easier to track your targets and figure out a good place to try to isolate them.

Also doing the mission stories is great if it feels overwhelming at the start. You get a specific end goal with steps to complete, so all you have to focus on is completing the step you're on . Doing all those will give you a fair bit of familiarity with the map and also some location experience, which might unlock new equipment or starting locations which are helpful.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Btw. slightly Offtopic, but am i the only one that sees this thing in this thread? Only see it in this, and no matter which browser and log in status its there:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Never seen that in any other thread or anything before.

[x] "testing that vote thingy"

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Btw. slightly Offtopic, but am i the only one that sees this thing in this thread? Only see it in this, and no matter which browser and log in status its there:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Never seen that in any other thread or anything before.

[x] "testing that vote thingy"
Yes, I have it as well, and it's making me crazy. It makes me think there's a staff post or something.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

my best unsolicited hitman 2 tip: always play with the hint system turned on with waypoints.

Playing through maps several times with the hint system that helped me get my bearings with new locations.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman

1. Sapienza
2. Hokkaido
3. Paris
4. Bangkok
5. Marrakesh
6. Colorado

Hitman 2

1. Miami
2. Isle of Sgail
3. Haven Island
4. Mumbai
5. New York
6. Whittleton Creek
7. Colombia
8. Hawke's Bay

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always do the story missions. They'll guide you to some of the main areas of the map and help give you some ideas about what to do.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to clean up all of achievements in Hitman 2 before 3 launches. The only ones I have left to do are for the Siberia Sniper Assassin map and it's just so tedious, especially because you can't save scum it.

Very excited to jump into 3 though. Of the levels shown in depth so far I'm probably most excited for England and China. Dubai doesn't really seem all that remarkable apart from being more of a next gen showcase kind of thing.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Nice OT! I think any tips for newcomers or people who have picked up the last few games and struggle a bit because they aren't used to the sandbox gameplay could be welcome. Speaking for myself at least who just bought Hitman 2 in preparation for 3. How do y'all approach levels?

Always turn off the option to see people through walls, its basically cheating anyway lol