• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I really wish this game out last week, because I'm currently on a 4 day weekend.

Is the pre-load live yet on consoles? Is the Hitman 2 progression transfer live on IO accounts yet? I know they said both would happen in the coming days.
Preload on Xbox has had the actual version for about a week

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this game out last week, because I'm currently on a 4 day weekend.

Is the pre-load live yet on consoles? Is the Hitman 2 progression transfer live on IO accounts yet? I know they said both would happen in the coming days.

I know the pre load is live on xbox. It downloaded 70+ gigs to my series X.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Blood Money didn't have a Chinatown mission, that was Absolution.

Maybe it was Contracts, which had some Hong Kong missions. Was it PS2 or PS3 era?

Nah not absolution, that one is relatively recent (and not good lol)

Checked some gameplay on YouTube and pretty sure it was Hitman Codename 47, the first one.

We were really young lmao - 8 years I think - so yeh we messed around more than actually play the objectives back then.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am looking forward to this game and I am currently playing H1 in the H2 engine. I am only on episode 3 - and still need a few more runs through to get all the main story lines and challenges completed. Having lots of fun waiting for the PS5 preload to start.

Salient_Lion

Dec 20, 2020
Hoping we have a target as interesting as the GOAT Jordan Cross. Only the Washington twins are as memorable, as they're seemingly the heroes/antagonists of an Uncharted game prior to Sgàil.

That was a hilarious little detail. What was the name of the ex-boyfriend of the target? Nathanial Blake or something, I think? Made me laugh.

Mario and Luigi also show up in Sapienza too, and I'm wondering how may other gaming easter eggs I missed on my many playthoughs.

Oct 27, 2017
Can hardly wait. And this time there's a Platinum, at last! :D

My plan is to dive straight into the new levels first to complete the narrative. Then go back to the very first mission (ICA Training Facility) and master each location in order.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Nah not absolution, that one is relatively recent (and not good lol)

Checked some gameplay on YouTube and pretty sure it was Hitman Codename 47, the first one.

We were really young lmao - 8 years I think - so yeh we messed around more than actually play the objectives back then.
Ahhh hahaha thought you were younger then!

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who has seen the game ahead of release , without giving specifics can you say if the scope(Map size, Challenges, mission stories, disguises) of any of the H3 maps are comparable with the larger H1/H2 maps?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looking forward to play it at some point - bought the previous two after some time and might have been on board day 1 here if not for the shop and VR (timed?) console exclusivity.
I'll join the party later for sure though.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who has seen the game ahead of release , without giving specifics can you say if the scope(Map size, Challenges, mission stories, disguises) of any of the H3 maps are comparable with the larger H1/H2 maps?

There's at least a couple that fit this bill, possibly with one going further in scope.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know what the menu load times are like?
Hitman 1 and 2 contacted a server everytime you moved through the menu so it was painfully slow.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what the menu load times are like?
Hitman 1 and 2 contacted a server everytime you moved through the menu so it was painfully slow.

Unfortunately, I believe the same deal as before.

I hope to see a proper offline mode one day as that's always run faster/smoother, but they've tied everything (from challenges to unlocks) to at least doing these things online first. Don't see any justification for requiring the latter, even with the arguments on needing it for map analytics or leaderboard lisitings as those blatant cheaters in 2016 and 2 were never removed.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
Pre-ordered the deluxe edition, mainly because I've enjoyed this series so much. It's a bummer it doesn't come with DLC like Hitman 2 deluxe did, maybe it'll give a discount or something.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I've seen that the hitman 3 trophy pack finally has a platnium.

I'm assuming there will also be trophies for hitman 1 and 2 levels included as DLC like the hitman 1 levels were in 2?

Going to be a shit ton of trophies if that's the case haha

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Pre-ordered the deluxe edition, mainly because I've enjoyed this series so much. It's a bummer it doesn't come with DLC like Hitman 2 deluxe did, maybe it'll give a discount or something.
I wonder what they're going to do as there's no further levels coming. They just mentioned they were going to do something to the existing ones.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
How is Mumbai not there from the missions to repay list. Its prob the greatest Hitman level from the second one.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for someone who hasnt played Hitman since the 360 days and even then, never finished one lol? I picked up Hitman 1 and 2 while they were on sale to get access to all the areas, and man im having a hard time on just the first level in Hitman 1 lol. The fashion show.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Any tips for someone who hasnt played Hitman since the 360 days and even then, never finished one lol? I picked up Hitman 1 and 2 while they were on sale to get access to all the areas, and man im having a hard time on just the first level in Hitman 1 lol. The fashion show.
Follow the mission stories/opportunities. Some people will say to turn hints off but honestly if you're struggling keep them on and just follow the stories and it'll give you guaranteed but not score optimal kills to teach you the level.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I really love these games but I also really suck at them lol, don't think I've ever successfully finished a level without murdering a ton of people.

Having said that I'm still keen to try this one, having a hitman collection is great. I love how it all seamlessly integrates into 1 launcher.

Pimz

Jul 3, 2018
Did you play the 2 tutorial missions? They're pretty boring compared to the real levels but I'd say it's essential to play them. One important thing the Tutorial doesn't tell you is that Agent 47 is quite agile - you can climb drainpipes and balconies for example. I would advise play some of the opportunities in Paris. It really helps you to get the hang of the game. Also: take your time while exploring - I can easily walk around in a level for an hour without even attempting to kill a target.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did you play the 2 tutorial missions? They're pretty boring compared to the real levels but I'd say it's essential to play them. One important thing the Tutorial doesn't tell you is that Agent 47 is quite agile - you can climb drainpipes and balconies for example. I would advise play some of the opportunities in Paris. It really helps you to get the hang of the game. Also: take your time while exploring - I can easily walk around in a level for an hour without even attempting to kill a target.
Yea I played both game's tutorials lol. I dunno, im just so used to Metal Gear. Maybe im just not patient enough. Ill keep trying.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
There's a Dartmoor level? OH SHIT I am now interested!

(lived there most of my life)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Here's a great video that kinda teaches you how the levels in Hitman 1 and 2 work and how you can find your way in them. Not really a video with tips, but it's a great explanation as to what makes these games so good.

This is also a great one if you like the video above:

As for actual tips: The first time I play a level I usually play through it on the easiest difficulty, just looking around, using costumes, scouting targets and locations, remembering where a lot of stuff is (weapons, poison, outfits, paths of the targets etc). I don't care about if my kill is messy or not, the first time I play throught it is always just to examine the level. Then every time I replay the level I try different tactics until I find one that works where I don't get caught.

Another great tip is to just follow the level missions that every level has. Each mission tells a little story within a level, and they usually supply you with weapons, tools and outfits that can get you close to your targets. This is the 'easy' way to go through levels, since it's essentially a 'follow the marker'-handholding-type way of playing, but they are a great way for newcomers to get into the game.

Ultimately for a lot of players the endgoal of a level, outside of completing the challenges and getting to level mastery 20 (max level), is to complete a SASO run on the highest difficulty. Which means a Silent Assassin (don't get seen/caught), Suit Only (so no outfits) run. Those are only possible to complete when you know the levels as the back of your hand. Sniper Assassin runs are also very fun, and can often be combined with SASO runs. It's often very hard to get to your target carrying a sniper, let alone killing the target without anyone noticing, so it's a great puzzle to figure out how to do those things.

The best tip I can probably give is don't approach Hitman as an action game and maybe not even approach it as a stealth game. It's a puzzle game, so try to figure out how to solve the puzzle, instead of bruteforcing your way through the levels.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the preloaded go up on ps5? I'm installing 2 and all the dlc again ready for the transfer and figure the H3 preloaded shouldn't be too far off by now either.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I started the mission story in Paris where they talk about Helmut Kruger, the fashion dude. But I couldnt figure out how to get to the next area to see him with the reporter without being in a no trespassing area. Tried using a guard outfit and still got caught. But ill try again in a bit after watching some videos.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You can go the Mission Stories route, which will guide you through assassinations with either hints or waypoints. However, Hitman is a puzzle game and hints really do take out the fundamental joy of discovering insane methods of dispatching your targets. Certainly try it out on a level or two, but I strongly suggest turning them off once you have the idea.

When you do go in without hints, use your first playthrough to wander around a level. See where you can go. Look at what Instinct vision highlights. Find out where the rat poison and tools are. Look for potential accident kills. Listen to the conversations. See what NPCs are alone and have useful costumes. Try them on. See where you can go. Follow the target's around. See what they do.

Then take a look at the Challenges and the pictures. They provide hints. Any of them jog your memory? Go back in and focus on the Challenges that you recognise. After a while, you will come up with your own evil schemes.

At the end of the day, map knowledge is key.

Why does the preloaded go up on ps5? I'm installing 2 and all the dlc again ready for the transfer and figure the H3 preloaded shouldn't be too far off by now either.

18th.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I started the mission story in Paris where they talk about Helmut Kruger, the fashion dude. But I couldnt figure out how to get to the next area to see him with the reporter without being in a no trespassing area. Tried using a guard outfit and still got caught. But ill try again in a bit after watching some videos.
Disguises aren't fool proof. Some people will have a dot over them, they can identify you through disguises. E.g. the head cook might know all of the people working in the kitchen, while the weight staff and guards might not.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing more Hitman 1 and 2 this past week. When it came out I thought Hitman 2 was more of the same (not a bad thing) but replaying the levels made me appreciate the changes, especially in regards to the UI. I'm excited to see how IO caps off the trilogy.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
The version for Xbox Series X will also work on XBox One, right? I believe so but just want to be sure.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I've been replaying 2 in preparation for this and played Mumbai last night. Holy crap, that level is ridiculously large and dense. I think I spent about 3-4 hours on it before I completed it (I always turn off stories/opportunities and set challenges to minimal until I feel like I've totally run out of ideas) and I still feel like I barely scratched the surface. In particular in the slums, it's almost overwhelming. I felt like every time I went back there I came across new alleyways and shops I had never seen before. I'm not sure I'll ever get that area down in my memory.

It was borderline exhausting to explore the whole level but what an achievement.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
It's a goddamn shame what's going down with the PC version and legacy content on EGS, but at least console peeps will get to enjoy it without hassle.

See you all hopefully in a year with the Steam release so I don't have to re-buy content I already paid for.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I've downloaded H2 on my PS5. I haven't downloaded the dlc or H1 content however its all still open to me and my progress on them is showing. Does this mean I can just boot this up at launch and do the thing to get it in H3? I don't need to redownload all H1 in H2 and all the dlcs as well?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I've been replaying 2 in preparation for this and played Mumbai last night. Holy crap, that level is ridiculously large and dense. I think I spent about 3-4 hours on it before I completed it (I always turn off stories/opportunities and set challenges to minimal until I feel like I've totally run out of ideas) and I still feel like I barely scratched the surface. In particular in the slums, it's almost overwhelming. I felt like every time I went back there I came across new alleyways and shops I had never seen before. I'm not sure I'll ever get that area down in my memory.

It was borderline exhausting to explore the whole level but what an achievement.

The overwhelmingness of the larger levels is exactly why I play the mission stories first, it gives a taste for areas on the map and how you can use those methods of assassination as springboards for others

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite Hitman weapon is a can of spaghetti and always will be.
You haven't lived until you've placed banana peels on the ground and wait in anticipation for NPCs to slip on them. The best is when they somehow avoid the banana peel, then I go up to investigate and end up slipping on it instead. I feel like friggin' Wile E. Coyote.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never once used fiber wire and I kind of don't see the point. Is it just faster than choking? Does it only kill and not knock out?