• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
6rL5PVs.png

OT subtitle courtesy Formanovo

Site | Available on: PlayStation | Xbox | Switch | PC | Stadia starting 2021-01-20
Review Thread

Trailers: Announcement Trailer | The End of A Journey | Introducing HITMAN 3 | Opening Cinematic | Shaping the Narrative
Location Reveal: The Thornbridge Mystery (England Location Reveal) | Under the Hood (Chongqing Location Reveal) |

FGmlDsT.gif

Time to wrap up the World of Assassination trilogy, which re-invented the tried and tested Hitman formula which has been in development for over 2 decades now. Approach each level like the puzzle it is, try and find a way to slip by guards unnoticed get to your mark and take them out any way you see fit. In Agent 47's hands anything can become a weapon.
The World of Assassination trilogy takes Agent 47 to diverse locations around the globe in the pursuit of the shadowy Providence organization.

New Locations

On Top of the World (United Arab Emirates)
Agent 47 is sent to Dubai to ████████. Jumping from ███████ at unexpected ████. Entering with ███████ while not ████.

Death in the Family (England)
Undercover as a █████ Agent 47 heads to Dartmoor for some ██████ and ███. Pretending to ████, like usual. ███████ ensues.

Apex Predator (Germany)
Agent 47 finds himself in ███████ and must ███████ while wearing a █████ covered in sweet ████. Facing unexpected ████ which are quite ████. Caught holding █████ with his █████ down makes it hard to █████ and █████.

End of an Era (China)
Following ████████, Agent 47 needs to use all of his ████ and ██████ to accomplish ████. All the while keeping ████████ in mind with a very long ████, sharp to the touch.

The Farewell (Argentina)
Flying to ██████ with the help of ████████ and ███████ Agent 47 will ████████, rubber duck in hand. ████████ handcuffed to ████ brings ███████ to boiling point.

Untouchable (Romania)
Finally confronting ████████ back at ████████ where he ███████ Agent 47 is reminded of ████████ while holding a ████, something he ████████ not to. Will he finally ████████ and answer ███████ of his ███████?

8OFC8Cm.png

VR Experience

nrOs56N.png

For the first time ever experience Agent 47's exploits from the first person perspective using PSVR.

Confused about what prior purchases you need and what carries over to HITMAN 3, you're not alone. Check out the guide below for some guidance.

Pre-launch Guide by Kyuuji

Missions to Replay from the Prior Two Releases
lsBUnT8.png

WC6qM0G.png

Series Legacy
From his humble beginnings Agent 47 as well as his developer IOI has seen quite the evolution.

Previous OT
iiV4l1V.png
Hitman 2 |OT| Silent Assassin by More_Badass

Last edited:

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Nice OT! I think any tips for newcomers or people who have picked up the last few games and struggle a bit because they aren't used to the sandbox gameplay could be welcome. Speaking for myself at least who just bought Hitman 2 in preparation for 3. How do y'all approach levels?

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT, still not sure if I will buy the game because of the situation with the Epic games store, but the Hitman series is one of my most beloved game series in recent years

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Nice OT! I think any tips for newcomers or people who have picked up the last few games and struggle a bit because they aren't used to the sandbox gameplay could be welcome. Speaking for myself at least who just bought Hitman 2 in preparation for 3. How do y'all approach levels?
It's super personal. There literally is no right way. Personally I will explore as much as possible try and remember where I find certain items observe enemy movements. Then I usually just complete the level some-how. The game then gives you an idea of how well you did and what challenges you might have already completed, but also gives you hint's of ideas (e.g. "ohhh an image of a grand piano, I wonder what I can do with that") as to what other challenges might exist.
You will also be unlocking new starting locations and starting disguises which can greatly help with infiltrating a level. And over time you will learn things like. Oh this door is locked, but I am sure I saw a keycard in the office once so you start to put 2 and 2 together. I will usually play one level to exhaustion before moving on to the next. And when I am done with a level I will do one serial killer run for various challenges that I couldn't unlock otherwise... 😬(It plays surprisingly well as a shooter imho).

I'm pretty sure I will replay all the old missions again as-well.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea when the review embargo will lift? I'm inclined to preorder it, even though I've only played the first of this trilogy.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Completely buzzing. I've taken to replaying Hitman 2 all over again because I'm so hyped.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

It'll vary for everyone but when starting a new level I try to do it completely blind, relying on dialogue and not using the mission stories that guide you through specific scenarios, unless I find them naturally in that first playthrough. Then in later runs I'll do those mission stories to figure out some of the larger pieces of the level. Then look at the challenges to see which I can figure out and generally try to get full mastery of a level from there.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone else think it super unfair to release this the day after a long weekend.... 😫

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I do storyfied missions first, than exploring the map for various trophies and fun, to unlock new starting place and gear.
I also try to do the costume/disguise/victims/sniper/hardest trophy in one run (it's a series of achievements identical in all maps).

Don't listen people who will tell you "haha story missions are for noobs lol" because it's a noob statement. Story missions are here to learn you many things about the level, but also to know how to start some events that can be essentials for trophy hunting.

Also, EVERY (subbed) conversations even from the most anonymous NPCs are useful to hear, all of them will hint you at something regarding targets, levels or whatever.

And "achievement hunting" in this game isn't an abstract ladder, but really change your playstyle and will force you to an unknown creativity.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get as much done in H2 before I transfer progress over. Fully back into the Hitman spirit now. Also thank god for Agent 47 the next couple of months look not great for PS5 so this will help fill a lot of time.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I can't wait, I might even take the day off work so I can absorb myself I it

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Its just me I know but I can't help but a feel a little uninspired by a couple of the missions we've seen so far. I'm sure it will be completely different when I play it.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Going to get this on XSX because of the whole Epic/Steam fiasco, despite having hundreds of hours of progress on my Hitman 1 + 2 on Steam. What an absolute blunder from IO's business people that deal was.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping we have a target as interesting as the GOAT Jordan Cross. Only the Washington twins are as memorable, as they're seemingly the heroes/antagonists of an Uncharted game prior to Sgàil.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Hitman since 2003 when Hitman 2 Silent Assassin dropped. The biggest tip I can give for Hitman is treat it like a puzzle game. The world around you will react in many different ways figuring out how the world will react to you is part of the discovery and fun of Hitman games. So just let yourself have fun and explore and try various things to see how the game reacts. Every stage is filled to the brim with secrets to unpack. It's what makes the Hitman games so fun.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
One of my most anticipated upcoming releases, but with the bungled PC launch I'll just wait until that fiasco is all over with. For those that do pick it up I really hope it's a worthy successor to the last two! Some of the most underappreciated games of last generation IMO.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never ported hitman 1 to 2 as I swapped platforms. Swapping again now to XSX but picked up 1 and 2 on sale.

I understand how to grab legacy packs (I assume they're not available to preload?) but in terms of actually playing them, are the graphics/engine/mechanics updated to 3? Or is it just emulating the older games in the 3 client?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the Legacy Packs will be available for Preload too? Imagine i'd need to redeem it in the Previous game again like for H1 -> H2?

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit that caret cursor in the OP top image lol

Super stoked to play this day one. Got a new SSD ready specially for this.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know if the Legacy Packs will be available for Preload too? Imagine i'd need to redeem it in the Previous game again like for H1 -> H2?
They haven't shared what the setup is yet, there is stuff not on the stores or hidden too.
I found all the unlock keys for the H3 episodes on Xbox last night , but nothing else

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there are any significant gameplay differences or additons in Hitman III that would change things in prior Hitman levels when imported ?I know there were mechanical additons that were factored in to the HItman 1 levels when importing to Hitman 2.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Directly from IOI blog post on Friday:

HITMAN 3 will take up approximately 60-70 GB of storage space on all platforms, with the obvious exceptions of Stadia and Switch. The data that you download will also include all the content required to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 – but you are still required to own/purchase access to those games. To underline that; purchasing HITMAN 3 does not grant access to the previous two games by default.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so the dlc will just be unlock keys? sound good. Havent played hitman 2 at all, so it in 3 will be the first time playing it. :D
Yeah seems like they've streamlined thier delivery system finally. They also used some sort of crazy Danish magic to get the entire install under 100GB. Which is super impressive. Considering Hitman 2 is sitting on my PS5 weighing in at like 120GB or some nonsense like that.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Fantastic!

I have some fun memories as a kid playing hitman blood money I think? The one with the Chinatown mission.

Never got to properly dive into Hitman season 1, always ended up playing different games and didn't get further than Paris

Bought Hitman 2 gold on sale, and will now play these 2 games before jumping on hitman 3.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
..aaand watched.

Excited for this, going to be good. Just hope Xbox sort their shit out and get that 6000 point punch card back in play before release so I can preorder.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic!

I have some fun memories as a kid playing hitman blood money I think? The one with the Chinatown mission.

Never got to properly dive into Hitman season 1, always ended up playing different games and didn't get further than Paris

Bought Hitman 2 gold on sale, and will now play these 2 games before jumping on hitman 3.
Blood Money didn't have a Chinatown mission, that was Absolution.

Maybe it was Contracts, which had some Hong Kong missions. Was it PS2 or PS3 era?

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT. Can't wait for this, I absolutely adore the series.

Think I'm looking forward to Chongqing the most. Caught a quick glimpse of it in a stream yesterday and it looks fantastic.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Another question!

Can the Hitman 3 "client" be downloaded to play 1 and 2 content that I already own without buying 3, or do I have to buy it?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a nice OT, OP. Can't wait. Been popping into Hitman 2 to pick up a few essential items.

IllumiNate

Nov 18, 2018
Canada
Hyped, I finished Hitman 1 and loved it. I have yet to play Hitman 2 so I'm looking forward to playing all those levels once 3 drops.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blood Money didn't have a Chinatown mission, that was Absolution.

Maybe it was Contracts, which had some Hong Kong missions. Was it PS2 or PS3 era?
Contracts has one but it's just a remake of a Codename 47 mission as is like half of contracts levels

Plum

May 31, 2018
I only actually did the first level of Hitman 2. Feel hopelessly behind with this but... I'm still thinking about buying the game anyway. The prospect of having the entire trilogy in a single game is enticing.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this game out last week, because I'm currently on a 4 day weekend.

Is the pre-load live yet on consoles? Is the Hitman 2 progression transfer live on IO accounts yet? I know they said both would happen in the coming days.