• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been able to recommend Absolution, personally. There's only about three levels that are actually any good, and the potentially interesting story is really let down by most of the characters being so utterly repulsive.

this might be just a sad dad thing or a Hitman Raising The Kid thing but I thought 47 and Victoria were great together and wouldn't be sad to see her again.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also kinda weird there's no challenge tied into the safe code in Berlin. Realized I'd never opened it and well it's nothing special outside what would normally be a discovery challenge.

And what's with the Parakeets interact item in Dartmoor in the trophy room? I remember in a Hitman 1/2 map there was a parakeet event so I guess they just re-used the same item which has an interact highlight, but I don't see any way to do anything with it?

Last thought. I'm doing the featured contracted The Butler Did it on Dartmoor and it reminds me that I never found a safe way to take out the butler SA style. What are some openings to get him alone? The other targets are all straightforward with a distract item nearby.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've never understood not liking a thing because of bad guys being bad. The point is that you are supposed to be repulsed. That said I think the story just isn't that good.
I don't dislike the characters for being bad people. I just find the game revels in being so over-the-top gross that the characters aren't clever, amusing, or even somehow endearing. That's what I mean when I say repulsive.

It's like they misunderstood that previous games mocked darkness and depravity and took it in earnest. The game feels so tonally off compared to the others because of this.

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
Last thought. I'm doing the featured contracted The Butler Did it on Dartmoor and it reminds me that I never found a safe way to take out the butler SA style. What are some openings to get him alone? The other targets are all straightforward with a distract item nearby.

You could take emetic syringe if you have unlocked one. Inject him on the sly and wait for him to take himself to a safe place.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Is just me or with Master difficulty in 3, there's little in the way of camera/enforcer adjustments compared those of Hitman 1 & 2 maps? Great thing about it was forcing players to change up their usual SA/SO routines from Professional difficulty and challenge themselves.

I kinda get the removal of Master-related unlock challenges so players can unlock everything without feeling forced through it, but this feels like IOI giving up or running out of time on the feature instead of improving its appeal. Doesn't help that the one-save limit has never been expanded.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also kinda weird there's no challenge tied into the safe code in Berlin. Realized I'd never opened it and well it's nothing special outside what would normally be a discovery challenge.

And what's with the Parakeets interact item in Dartmoor in the trophy room? I remember in a Hitman 1/2 map there was a parakeet event so I guess they just re-used the same item which has an interact highlight, but I don't see any way to do anything with it?

Sieker for the butler

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Sorry If this has been answered before, but I can't make the Hitman 1 levels available for me.

I have Hitman 1 GOTY, and It keeps saying it is not available.

It takes me to the store and says I own the content.

Xbox One btw.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Guys, Sorry If this has been answered before, but I can't make the Hitman 1 levels available for me.

I have Hitman 1 GOTY, and It keeps saying it is not available.

It takes me to the store and says I own the content.

Xbox One btw.
I had the same problem. What I did was go to Xbox.com and search for Hitman Access Pass and found the Hitman GOTY Pass that classifies as a Hitman 3 DLC. From the item page, I was able to remotely download it to my system. Worked great. However, I've heard of this not working for some players with the same problem on Xbox. It's worth a shot though.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Just finished my last SA/SO run in Hitman 1 and got the Classic All-Black Suit

its-so-beautiful-crying-gif.gif
latest

Agent 0047 indeed. Congrats!

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Is just me or with Master difficulty in 3, there's little in the way of camera/enforcer adjustments compared those of Hitman 1 & 2 maps? Great thing about it was forcing players to change up their usual SA/SO routines from Professional difficulty and challenge themselves.

I kinda get the removal of Master-related unlock challenges so players can unlock everything without feeling forced through it, but this feels like IOI giving up or running out of time on the feature instead of improving its appeal. Doesn't help that the one-save limit has never been expanded.

Yeah, the maps aren't changed at all from the first 3 maps I've done. Only difference I've noticed is people/enforcers spot you quicker and from a greater difference.

But all the same tactics work on Master difficulty so far. No new cameras or enforcers taking out your favorite/best routes forcing you to come up with new strategies like Hitman 1/2.

Combined with no achievements for Master difficulty runs, it feels like it's not really a thing in this game other than not letting you save scum.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean "Fixed"? I bought the game over the weekend, and transfered my progress from H2 steam to H3 epic without any issue. I dont have access to the H2 levels in H3 yet, but I dont think anyone on PC has that without buying that access pass.
So do you get all the items you unlocked from Hitman 2 just not the levels, or do you not get that either?

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
So do you get all the items you unlocked from Hitman 2 just not the levels, or do you not get that either?
Yeah, items and suits are carried over. Bar some that IOI intentionally left out (like the electric phone). I can't access the H2 levels, but it does show my mastery levels, and I can use my H2 unlocks in H3.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it was a blood money reference. There's one on Haven as well. If you go near it I think it sends out a sound event and notifies nearby NPCs?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
also hilariously while playing paris if you try and enter illegal areas in your tux the guards will be like "No entry, MISTAH BOND" in a horrible sean connery accent, which is great

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Did Sniper Assassin in Berlin. I wonder if you use a wall piercing sniper rifle if you can actually hit 5+ of them from the tower. Without piercing it seems like the max is 3.

I forgot my briefcase, so did some interesting fun kills for the other two :D

So since Berlin has no official mission stories I've basically done every challenge except...none of the stories. I have no idea where the story stuff is in Berlin and 5 hours later I haven't seen any of it. I saw there was a set meetings thing in the owner's room but couldn't figure out what to do with it and I know there's some drugs at the start and talk about a dealer but I haven't seen the dealer. Also haven't seen florida man anywhere.

Gonna keep looking! As much as I love doing blind runs on Hitman maps, I tend to miss most of the story opportunities since I stay out of sight and pick people off and that's why the mission stories are pretty helpful for seeing that stuff.

I got 5 people without piercing. If you don't shoot the guy on the left directly, but shoot the crane so it falls on him, then another guy comes running to him, who you normally wouldn't be able to hit.
Also you can get the guy in the bar area outside, if you shoot the disco ball above him.
It wouldn't count as Sniper Assassin because two of those are accident kills, but at least it's possible to get 5 guys from the tower, maybe even more with piercing.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I did the DJ mission and "There was a firefight" challenge in Berlin. Both were fantastic and I'm thinking it's a front runner for best new map.

Nymir

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a long form essay on the trilogy somewhere on the web? Really interested in hearing an in depth analysis

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a long form essay on the trilogy somewhere on the web? Really interested in hearing an in depth analysis
About what? Level design, gameplay, development?

There are lot of really really good analysis on Youtube about the series and the trilogy. Mainly the docs of NoClip and the Writing on Games analysis of each level.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So if i'm looking to get into this from the start (by importing the levels into Hitman 3), how much am I looking at? I already have Hitman 1 from PS Plus.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
still not sure what to think about chongqing, but now that i've found a few more approaches into Hush's fortress it's not too bad. Still have no idea how to get to the facility lift, but I'll figure it out.

Once I push these last few maps over 20% maybe I'll take some time out and listen to the director's commentary? I haven't seen a lot said about that yet

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017

Uhh... I'm not actually sure. I only placed the game for about an hour with default loadout so far. There was a lot of items available though but I dont remember what items came from what.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I played Miami in Hitman2 for the first time last night. I think this level feels the biggest and most overwhelming out of any of them so far. Kinda got janky kills for both targets my first attempt, wasn't stumbling on any stories and the daughter driver's enforcer friend was glued to her pretty hard. Got her with a screwdriver thrown through a doorway as she walked by

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I played Miami in Hitman2 for the first time last night. I think this level feels the biggest and most overwhelming out of any of them so far. Kinda got janky kills for both targets my first attempt, wasn't stumbling on any stories and the daughter driver's enforcer friend was glued to her pretty hard. Got her with a screwdriver thrown through a doorway as she walked by
one of the best hitman levels ever, don't forget to do all the kill challenges, some of the best are not even mission stories here

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

Wait until you get to the mumbai

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
one of the best hitman levels ever, don't forget to do all the kill challenges, some of the best are not even mission stories here

I think I missed a lot of the clues beccause I was trying desperately to find/get into her pit crew while the race was still going so I could maybe cause a crash. I did not succeed but think I know where to go next try, if such a thing is even possible. I don't think she stopped in the pit at all during the race naturally, so maybe it isnt a thing for the weird type of racing the announcer kept explaining

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I think I missed a lot of the clues beccause I was trying desperately to find/get into her pit crew while the race was still going so I could maybe cause a crash. I did not succeed but think I know where to go next try, if such a thing is even possible. I don't think she stopped in the pit at all during the race naturally, so maybe it isnt a thing for the weird type of racing the announcer kept explaining

you can become part of her pit crew and sabotage her car in a variety of ways

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Have they streamlined the import process on pc yet?

I think the content carryover works, though there appear to be two common issues I imagine IO will fix in time.

- If you bought HITMAN 2 on Steam, your unlocks carry over but any additional content related to the Gold Pack isn't available because you technically don't own the game (this is the thing they're working on).
- The Requiem Pack content from HITMAN 1 is having issues transferring over. Unless I'm mistaken, owning the GOTY Edition of the game - which is the only one available on EGS - comes with the Requiem Pack.

The only reason I know of these is because each of these produce suits and minor items. For me, everything else carried over that was promised. The electric phone didn't carry over, and that was because they removed it entirely for the new game, as it was deemed an OP free instakill item.

I need me my Blood Money suit.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

You can make her win so she goes to the winner's podium, you can get her to leave the racetrack/stadiu area completely, you can get the father to fiddle with radar dish just above the track, you can actually cause him to realise who you are and who you're working for ... the possibilities are numerous

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
My biggest beef with this game so far is the HDR on 3 specifically. I have to think this is a bug of some sort, because it's picture perfect on 1 and 2, though I remember having issues with those on PS4 as well. I hope they can fix this for sure.

Thank god it's not just me then. I was playing through the second mission and it was so grey I was like, "Huh... well this is a choice" but now I'm hoping it's a HDR bug that can maybe be tweaked.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get the Hitman 2 level transfer in the next few days.
I've already completed 4/6 locations, so I'm looking for some extra content I haven't finished in Hitman 2.

I really like the new levels, but there just isn't as much to do as in the old ones. It took me around 2 1/2 hours to finish every single challenge in Berlin. That's not a lot of time :(

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
You can make her win so she goes to the winner's podium, you can get her to leave the racetrack/stadiu area completely, you can get the father to fiddle with radar dish just above the track, you can actually cause him to realise who you are and who you're working for ... the possibilities are numerous

I fucking love these games goddamn

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Just beat Hitman 1 and I just need Hokkaido mastery to move to Hitman 2. I'm blown away by the quality of this game. Amazing.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I think the content carryover works, though there appear to be two common issues I imagine IO will fix in time.

- If you bought HITMAN 2 on Steam, your unlocks carry over but any additional content related to the Gold Pack isn't available because you technically don't own the game (this is the thing they're working on).
- The Requiem Pack content from HITMAN 1 is having issues transferring over. Unless I'm mistaken, owning the GOTY Edition of the game - which is the only one available on EGS - comes with the Requiem Pack.

The only reason I know of these is because each of these produce suits and minor items. For me, everything else carried over that was promised. The electric phone didn't carry over, and that was because they removed it entirely for the new game, as it was deemed an OP free instakill item.

I need me my Blood Money suit.
Thanks. I own both one and two on steam and was waiting to buy three until I knew I could play the whole series start to finish in 3 on EGS. Sounds like that should work now, so it looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
So this has probably been asked before, but i still cant wrap my head around it.
I want to buy Hitman 3 and would like to be able to play all locations in one game.

Problem number 1;
So i already own Hitman 1 GOTY, but the H1 GOTY Acces Pack still wants me to pay 30 Euro?
I thought those Acces Packs would be free if we already owned them?

Problem number 2;
For Hitman 2, whats the best option?
There's an Acces Pack for H2 Standard, which is 70 Euro.
There's an Acces Pack for H2 Expansion, which is 40.
And there's a H2 Gold Acces Pack, which is a 100.

'Worst' case scenario price wise would be 70 euro for H3, 30 for H1 Acces Pack and 100 for H2 Gold Acces?

This is all on PS4 btw

Any help or insight is appreciated!

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Still trying to get Master difficulty SASO on Paris. I've a crazy multi-stage plan I want to try, but I'm sure other people have worked out more efficient routes already.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Still trying to get Master difficulty SASO on Paris. I've a crazy multi-stage plan I want to try, but I'm sure other people have worked out more efficient routes already.

I always find creating my own routes, and making them as over complicated as possible, really is the most fun. Feels like a proper spy thriller, instead of what some peoples solutions for runs on youtube can just be 'throw item here, get this disguise, climb entire map, then just shoot person'

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I lucked into mine a few weeks ago:
I was just playing around with the level to see how a suit only would work. I snagged the firework button, turns out both targets go outside at the same time, in the same spot, two floors apart. Needless to say, you can shove one off the third story onto the other on the ground.

I missed the Master part of your post so this may not apply actually, cause I dunno what the differences in the map/locations of the targets are. :(