• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story with SA on every mission, what a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy. I'd have been fine with just "more of the same", but they weaved the narrative into the mission stories so well this time. The "correct" way to play Mendoza is a magnificent experience, and I'm itching to mess around even more with that area.

I wonder what they'll do for Elusive Target rewards this time around, as you earn the level suit with gloves for hitting Mastery 20.

What is the correct way?

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
what a mess... i can not launch the game at all. stuck on the booting up screen and after some minutes crashing to xbox home screen.

carry over process seemingly finished acc to website. but can not check. already de- and re-installed hitman 3. need to reinstall again seemingly.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I'm starting to think the progress carryover is what is causing this CONNECTION FAILED issue at boot. It always errors on "fetching profile"

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Started last night - Dubai seemed nice, if slightly easy seeing as even I managed it first go.

Was able to redeem the 1+2 levels on Xbox ok last night from within the game (which seems different to others), no carryover as I'm moving platforms.
Had to play Dubai offline so no progression saved.
After that I thought I'd start again once online was up. Finished the 1 Training level on the boat, *saving*, *error* you are now offline. So no progress there either.
Then I ran around in Dartmoor shooting everyone (offline).

Love the series, but no reason by this point why there shouldn't be offline progression out of 20 for each level, earning items and starting points. Because it's really not an online game from the player's point of view. If a load of you were milling around in my level turning on taps I'd get it, but you're not.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little bummed they didn't carry over the weird themed challenges from the old levels (like all the shaman stuff or the flamingo stuff). It was fun running around miami hitting everyone with a fish. The bonuses from completing escalations is nice though.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox owners:

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.

thanks! This worked for me

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Xbox owners:

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.
This worked for me last night

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for my account activation email lmao

Managed somehow to pass through yesterday but I guess it didn't work since I could create the same one a few minutes ago. Hoping for a better result this time.

Edit; oh well I can create a thousand accoutns with the same name and email if I want to, apparently

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think the progress carryover is what is causing this CONNECTION FAILED issue at boot. It always errors on "fetching profile"

That seems to be the case. I couldn't start the game for a hour or so after starting the transfer, and while the server was definitely up, but suddenly I could after a while and my progress was there.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try that out. I did the wine leak mission story that brings Yates down to yell at everyone but I wasn't sure what the point of that was in terms of providing a kill opportunity.

It's fairly complex and has multiple stages, but it's well worth the effort. It leads to a final confrontation with Yates in his bedroom that, as presented to you, won't give you a Silent Assassin rating, but with a couple of coordinated guard distractions and some save scumming, I managed to pull it off.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Does anyone know where I can find a fire axe on the Dubai map? I'm running around the level for the Escalation but I can't find it anywhere.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
My challenge progress has come over but not the mission story progress. Is that how it's supposed to work? On Xbox Series X.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool, I guess challenges etc. get completed permanently as soon as you actually do them in a mission and you can just... quit to main menu, don't have to actually finish the mission or anything like that? That's awesome, I was afraid I'd have to actually FINISH every time I try to do one of these too, which would've made the whole thing a lot more annoying.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played the Dubai level so far and I really enjoyed. What are the consensus best and worst levels so far?

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Oh cool, I guess challenges etc. get completed permanently as soon as you actually do them in a mission and you can just... quit to main menu, don't have to actually finish the mission or anything like that? That's awesome, I was afraid I'd have to actually FINISH every time I try to do one of these too, which would've made the whole thing a lot more annoying.
Yeah, challenges do not require finishing the mission. If you're smart with where you save you can bang out a bunch in like a minute. (Like if you get a target puking in a toilet, you can save, drown them, load and shoot them in the head, load and fibre wire them... etc.)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
outside the laundry room in the hall. Literally two sections from the target.
It's not there for me. Just a vacuum and a cleaning cart. I'm playing the second level of the Escalation, not sure if that makes a difference. I checked both up and downstairs in the hall, but nothing. I also don't have it in my inventory and I'm 100% I haven't picked it up.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You need to finish the missions they are earned on to get the rewards but not at the same time. So you can get a target into an isolated place, save. Kill them one way, load save, kill them another way, lord save, kill them another way . Then the next time you finish that level all the XP and unlocks for those 3 unique kills would unlock

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
It's not there for me. Just a vacuum and a cleaning cart. I'm playing the second level of the Escalation, not sure if that makes a difference. I checked both up and downstairs in the hall, but nothing. I also don't have it in my inventory and I'm 100% I haven't picked it up.

where the stairs up are, don't take the stairs and go around the corner and it's on the wall in the case.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played the Dubai level so far and I really enjoyed. What are the consensus best and worst levels so far?

Mendoza and Berlin are among the best in the series, for very different reasons. You could argue the final mission (which is very narrative-focused and thus limited) is the "worst", but it's a great way to finish the game. Every location, even the final one, are excellent settings for some cool Escalations.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
It feels so good to be playing Hitman. I am already giddy running around the Dubai tower already planning the havoc I am going to cause. HELLLOO exploding golf ball!

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox owners:

This worked for me, now downloading the content from Hitman. Strangely I could access the Hitman 2 content, without the packs being checked in "Manage Game & Install"

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a way to separately buy the content from the deluxe edition.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
For fucks sake

EsR06UwWMAAsSup

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The delayed transfer process led to me reverting to Mastery Level 1 on Dubai even though it still shows all my completed challenges. I wonder if it will bounce back up if I replay the level. Not a huge issue, as I have so much shit left to do in that area.

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought the hitman 2 expansion as its on sale (xbox), expected it to show up in destinations on hitman 3,but nothing. Its flagged as installed in the hitman 3 store page and also is installed via the the hitman 2 expansion access thing within 3 also.

Any ideas?

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just finished Berlin. Very cool and different, not what I expected at all.

It's going to take me awhile to get my head round that layout though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
You need to finish the missions they are earned on to get the rewards but not at the same time. So you can get a target into an isolated place, save. Kill them one way, load save, kill them another way, lord save, kill them another way . Then the next time you finish that level all the XP and unlocks for those 3 unique kills would unlock

I'll have to test it, but I could swear I just unlocked new gear for Dubai by doing a couple of challenges and just quitting to main menu. The EXP and mastery levels keep going up in the background, it would seem like to me, even if you never actually see that unlocked stuff screen.

Dubai is kind of boring, but I'm still having a lot of fun just checking out the place, trying to do the challenges. Really excited to see what the game has to offer in the later levels, if the first, "boring" one is already so... Fun lol.

e: yeah, just did one of the 4000exp assassination challenges, quit to menu and my mastery level has gone up 1 and I've unlocked a new starting location. So you don't have to finish the mission at all.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up buying this on SX to check out the tech. I don't own Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, but I downloaded the Hitman 2 free starter pack at some point (its no longer installed). However, it appears that I can access ALL of the Hitman 2 levels inside of Hitman 3... is that how its supposed to be?
I'll have to double-check. I started the first mission, no problem, but that's also the available mission in the starter pack. I don't remember if I tried to launch any of the other missions. However, the rest of the missions looked like they were unlocked as compared to the Hitman 1 missions which the UI made clear were not available/unlocked.
Any more to this?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
That's a wrap on Hitman 3's campaign.

The best the series has ever been and then some. Time to revisit 1's maps and get mastery rank 20 on all of them.

Also I had a server connection error message during the final cutscene of the game - perfection.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
what? when did you start?

Only yesterday about 4 hours after launch due to waiting for the transfer. The games have never been super lengthy - it's all about the replayability.

I'd say it took me about 8-10 hours all told for just a vanilla playthrough - and a couple of my runs were just find the target and throw something sharp at their head.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
How fast do Hitman games on sale? Debating if I should wait for this to go on sale first while I play catch-up with the first two games (when I eventually get them) or if I should just get this now and claim the ~$5 reward points via Microsoft Rewards

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa

Yeah, just checked. I bought the $60 version of Hitman 3. I cannot access any of the Hitman 1 missions. I can access all of the Hitman 2 missions except Golden Handshake and The Last Resort (these are the last two listed... add-ons maybe?). I haven't purchased Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, but I did download the Hitman 2 Free Starter Pack (only first mission) a while back. So... not sure what gives. Unless the $60 version comes with the Hitman 2 missions?

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Any fucking way to create a IOI account now or can't they have that working either? I guess I need that to get the fucking thing to know that I own both Hitman 1 and 2 despite shitty EGS and fucking Steam accounts being fucking linked already and that should be the end of it.

I don't give a fuck about progression or carryovers, I just want maps. Why is this so hard.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just checked. I bought the $60 version of Hitman 3. I cannot access any of the Hitman 1 missions. I can access all of the Hitman 2 missions except Golden Handshake and The Last Resort (these are the last two listed... add-ons maybe?). I haven't purchased Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, but I did download the Hitman 2 Free Starter Pack (only first mission) a while back. So... not sure what gives. Unless the $60 version comes with the Hitman 2 missions?
Curious about this because I also downloaded the Hitman 2 starter pack some time ago, yet the MS store says I own Hitman 2 as well as the H2 Access Pass for Hitman 3......

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Any fucking way to create a IOI account now or can't they have that working either? I guess I need that to get the fucking thing to know that I own both Hitman 1 and 2 despite shitty EGS and fucking Steam accounts being fucking linked already and that should be the end of it.

I don't give a fuck about progression or carryovers, I just want maps. Why is this so hard.
fucking fucking fuck fuck fucking

Anyway, just go to https://account.ioi.dk/, login with Steam, login with Epic later and that's it, everything's linked. You may need to start H1/2 on Steam and H3 on Epic to fully link the account to the games, but that's the idea.

Also, maps are not transfering from Steam to EGS right now, its coming in the following weeks, so don't expect to have them now.