• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think this necessarily confirms a Hitman 3 is in development quite yet - more so that IO is at the very least expecting they'll make it.

Here's the quote from the video:

"Earlier this year IO Interactive opened up a new studio across the bridge in Malmo, Sweden. And while much of the team is working on new Hitman content, and looking ahead to the third Hitman game, one that Hakan says may once-again go episodic, the majority of the studio at least here in Copenhagen is working on something secret, and rather excitingly, something new."

That timestamp I gave was actually incorrect. A lit bit earlier the Studio Head himself talked extensively about Hitman 3 and what it's going to be.

Also, Hitman 2 was made with half the team of the first game in 1 year and 9 months. Absolutely amazing.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
LMAO! Here I am in the process of writing up an LTTP for Hitman (2016) and this pops up. How very apropos.

4ae6101279734674.jpg

Kolx I want to watch that documentary but I have yet to play Hitman 2. As such, how spoilery is it?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Episodic works really well for Hitman, but I think the stigma of such a game being "incomplete" is so pervasive.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
LMAO! Here I am in the process of writing up an LTTP for Hitman (2016) and this pops up. How very apropos.

4ae6101279734674.jpg

Kolx I want to watch that documentary but I have yet to play Hitman 2. As such, how spoilery is it?
In part one there's nothing except very brief descriptions of two of the levels. The remaining parts are apparently more about level design so I would hold off on those but this one is basically safe.

Edit: And I look forward to hearing your impressions after my thread inspired you to pick it up :)

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I'm fine with the episodic approach as long as a Complete Edition is released at a later date.As with Hitman (2016), I will go with episodic on PC and buy Complete Edition when it releases a year or so later.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That timestamp I gave was actually incorrect. A lit bit earlier the Studio Head himself talked extensively about Hitman 3 and what it's going to be.

Also, Hitman 2 was made with half the team of the first game in 1 year and 9 months. Absolutely amazing.

Oh, I see. Do you have the correct time stamp?

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's yet to play the current ones of 1 and 2 (adored the originals as a kid tho), should I go with 1 first or jump straight into 2?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's yet to play the current ones of 1 and 2 (adored the originals as a kid tho), should I go with 1 first or jump straight into 2?

There is a DLC package for 2 called "GOTY Legacy pack" with all the levels and content of Hitman 1 (remastered and retooled for Hitman 2), go for that and then just play them in order from the first game on :)

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Yeah, it seems like building The Bank, The Resort, and starting production on Hitman 3 levels is occupying the majority of the already apparently smaller team's time, which is why there's a lot less other stuff compared to 2016 when there were 200 people working on just the one game.

Don't forget the Sniper Maps.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 is the great games of this generation of consoles, just filled to the brink with fun and inventive gameplay.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Please just make sure Hitman 2 unlocks carry over.

Employees arriving at 10am and leaving 4-5pm though? Mad considering what we hear about other studios.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who basically played the entirety of Hitman 2016 over the weekend for the first time, and has already started Hitman 2, I could not be more excited for more Hitman. These games are excellent.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is the one franchise where I would be happy for it to go back to being episodic.
They do need to cap the number of challenges they put into each one though as the amount on each Season 1 location is absurd.

Oh and I don't want to see any pink "3" stickers, IO. >=(

BigApple3AM

Oct 29, 2017
Very excited to see this news despite not having completed the second game yet. I was actually thinking about jumping in this week. I'm on the fence regarding the episodic format, but I'm happy regardless.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Please just make sure Hitman 2 unlocks carry over.

Employees arriving at 10am and leaving 4-5pm though? Mad considering what we hear about other studios.
I've had an internship where employees arrived between 10 and 11 and left at 4 and it's the most productive I've ever been at a company. 9 to 5 isn't always the answer, neither is crunch.

Lordys

Oct 28, 2017
I was just playing for the first time the bombay level in hitman 2 ... it's amazing :')

I already need hitman 3 !

Oct 27, 2017
More than any other developer in the world, IO are the ones I'd like to get a shot at making a Bond game. The recent Hitman games are already most of the way there, and I think the stuff they'd probably have to add to the formula would really round out the games (dialogue trees, more overt narrative, and worthwhile combat).

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really glad they'll be able to finish off the trilogy :)

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't mind a return to the episodic model. Gave it a lot of longevity.

Also hopefully you can import all of the content from the first 2 like you could last time.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, duh, sorry:

(34:25)

He talks extensively here about the trilogy and how, with the third game, every location is planned to be available in one package, realising there initial plan for one big "World of Assassination".

Ah, OK.

"We released Hitman 2 back when went independent and on cash flow, it was so far away but getting there was an amazing feeling, and Hitman is a trilogy, there's a bright future, there's this fully realization of the whole World of Assassination that we are looking towards as well of doing that the journey since 2013 to complete that and overarching spy story to complete that. And the World of Assassination, when that's complete, it's gonna be one game with all the locations starting from Paris in Hitman 1 to the last location in Hitman 3, where it's 20-plus locations. So the ultimate globetrotting experience that we wanted to achieve." - IO Interactive CEO and co-owner Hakan Abrak

I still don't think this quote says anything other than that it's planned though. Hitman 3 could very well already be in development, but I don't necessarily see that confirmed here. It could be something they plan on starting after this new IP, for example.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
It's great that IO Interactive continues one of the most underrated awesome franchises we have but I'm as happy to hear they're trying their hands on something new.

Still need to play Hitman 2 from last year though. Still hoping for a Hitman game entirely set an an airport location.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god for more HITMAN. Not only is it almost endlessly fun, but the story is actually becoming intriguing. Not to mention the amount of connections the targets and other NPCs have throughout is staggering.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Happy to hear that they may go episodic again. It works so well for a game like Hitman. All in favour for episodic say aye :)

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
So glad they work on another Hitman-game. One of the best franchises ever!

HugoLiu

Oct 30, 2017
Great news they go back to episodic model, also a very good documentary.

And I have been post in every Hitman thread I saw so more people will know how good the game is, I would have not bought the game if it were not for the constant discussion at the old forum.