• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2018
Just wrapped up the last story on Sapienza and want to eliminate Silveroso with the lethal injection. Then I'm moving onto the next location. This is a seriously fun time and a good distraction from Warzone.

Question - once I've completed a story, do I have to complete the rest of the mission to get awarded for it, or can I just exit to the menu?

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Just wrapped up the last story on Sapienza and want to eliminate Silveroso with the lethal injection. Then I'm moving onto the next location. This is a seriously fun time and a good distraction from Warzone.

Question - once I've completed a story, do I have to complete the rest of the mission to get awarded for it, or can I just exit to the menu?

As long as it notifies you that a challenge/story has been completed you can quit to menu and you'll still unlock items and mastery, the next time you do finish that mission it will list everything you completed.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Will Hitman 3 get episode content too ? Or, does the deluxe edition offer anything worthwhile. (It obviously makes sense to get this edition for only 4USD extra, but I am not convinced I want it at launch yet. I only just got 1+2 because of this thread )

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Hey I'm sure this thread is the same questions over and over, but I didn't finish Hitman 1. I just bought Hitman 2: Gold Edition. Can I pick it up there or should I actually re-download and finish 1 before importing it into 2?

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
I was not gonna buy until steam release, but damn epic put regional pricing of USD12 (Before taxes).
Tempting...

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You do have to complete the mission to get all the challenges officially 'ticked off' the list, but they also register immediately in terms of receiving XP and (I believe) unlocks - even if you die or reload.

This means that when you get to a point where you're cleaning up a few stray challenges, you can, let's say, poison Silvio, then immediately reload a save and shoot him in the head, then reload and push him off a cliff, etc. and once you complete the mission, they all get there ticks in the challenge menu.

Hey I'm sure this thread is the same questions over and over, but I didn't finish Hitman 1. I just bought Hitman 2: Gold Edition. Can I pick it up there or should I actually re-download and finish 1 before importing it into 2?

Just do it in 2. You lose the progress you made in the first game, but you get all the upgrades from H2 in H1, like being able to hide in foliage, the briefcase, etc. Plus, progress made through the Hitman 2 client (including the old levels) WILL transfer over to H3.

Last edited:

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So annoying that in Australia the PS5 version of 3 is not a 20% discount but only 10% like the PS4 version

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I ended up grabbing hitman 2 since the sale ends tonight. I'm pretty sure I already have hitman 2016 as a games with gold unlock. I love stealth games so I'm just gonna assume I'll enjoy these titles. Hopefully it hypes me up for 3.

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to the replies in this thread. I ended up playing the demo of Hitman 2016 and greatly enjoyed it. Seems like a step up from the PS2 days with a lot more visual cues and a more forgiving system (or maybe I'm just smarter than when I was a teenager). Bought both on Steam.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Just played through the two DLC episodes of the second game for the first time. Liked both of them and would probably rank them both in the upper half of the missions across both games. Particularly the bank.

Slight hot take here though - is it a bit of a design crutch that so many important NPCs and practically every target has a cycle that includes them drinking something? I appreciate it's probably tough to keep coming up with new ways players can separate NPCs from the pack but it really does feel like a lot of the time the main way to get a particular disguise is to spike their drink with emetic poison so they go throw up in a private toilet and you can subdue them and steal their outfit there. Or maybe I'm just not creative enough :P

childoac

Dec 16, 2020
Bought Hitman (2016) on sale last year when I was in a stealthy mood. Running on my base PS4, loading times were so painful, I only finished the tutorial level. But now on PS5, it's an absolute blast. Can't wait to keep progressing especially with Hitman 3 around the corner.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
I am slightly confused.

Which version should I be getting? Did they mention any DLC for additional levels? I do not care for the cosmetic stuff.

Should I be buying the PS4 version or the PS5 version? I am on PS4 currently but plan to move to PS5 as soon as I can get my hands on one. If I but the PS4 version, will I be upgraded to the PS5 version for free? On the other hand if I buy the PS5 version, is there a PS4 version included with it?

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I am slightly confused.

Which version should I be getting? Did they mention any DLC for additional levels? I do not care for the cosmetic stuff.

Should I be buying the PS4 version or the PS5 version? I am on PS4 currently but plan to move to PS5 as soon as I can get my hands on one. If I but the PS4 version, will I be upgraded to the PS5 version for free? On the other hand if I buy the PS5 version, is there a PS4 version included with it?
When you get Hitman 3 (PS5 version) there will be a "PS4 version" included, especially in order to get access to the PSVR content.
uploadvr.com

Hitman 3 On PS5 Includes Free Copy Of PS4 Version For PSVR

Following in the footsteps of No Man’s Sky, the PS5 version of the upcoming Hitman 3 will include the PS4 version to ensure no one misses out on PSVR support. PSVR integration with Hitman 3 was announced earlier in the year but, at the time, neither Sony nor developer

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
um

8cc36ab3a4448a6597e6ea47fc4859d11fa74659.jpeg

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you unlock the achievements of H1 and H2 on H3?

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally getting a platinum trophy for a modern Hitman game.

No idea, but if it works like H2, they'll have separate trophy sets, as they were dlc.

I really hope old trophies transfer over along with progress...
I'm not sure in console, but my Hitman 2 on PC includes all the Hitman 1 achievements, from where I imported H1 into H2.

Not sure if it will also work in H3.

I have never played Hitman games but I own the first one, so may doubt was if playing the H1 maps on H3 would unlock the achievements in the old game

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I have never played Hitman games but I own the first one, so may doubt was if playing the H1 maps on H3 would unlock the achievements in the old game
Not in the old game per se, but (like I said, if it works like in Hitman 2) you will unlock the H1 achievements in Hitman 3, all the achievements should be there for you to play for.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Went through and it looks like that's all I'm missing really. Thinks its worth buying the upgrade pack just for it?

it's nice well made content and has some visual variations of the levels you've played, so it's certainly worth a look. No rush to buy it up front though

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PSA:

Hitman 3 trophy lists are out in the wild and they contain massive spoilers. They include the solution to the Dartmoor murder mystery, apparently.

I've managed to avoid them, fortunately, but thought I'd let y'all know.

You won't unlock the achievements for the original game, but for the legacy maps (reworkings of the original game's maps in the H2/H3 clients). They have their own separate achievement lists from H1, I think (I'm on PS4).

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
If the PS4 version comes with a free upgrade than im gonna buy the PS4 digital version since its 10 euro cheaper than the PS5 version. Kinda weird but i'll take it

Plum

May 31, 2018
I never actually finished 2 yet I'm thinking of getting 3...

Dammit, why am I like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.