• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 Deluxe is really only 4 bucks more than the vanilla version (with PS+)? Lol, well that's a no-brainer.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
While simplying versions for Hitman 3 is a good idea, i still think a 'trilogy edition' with all content would've been sensible.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the game is designed around being able to see NPCs though. Is it feasible to get good ratings in the missions without them?

Good ratings in missions are tied to the knowledge of knowing everything from each location, which is easy to understand with exploration without disguises and then with each level of disguise. (Scout the area first and then try something else, else just restart the mission because few of the events are time related)

Fastest way to get better is to try Escalation missions in training 1, challenges in training 2 and then in Paris. After that you get the hang of it and should be breezing in normal missions thereafter.

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
Bought the first two a couple days ago. Got through the first and though it wasn't very long I enjoyed the hell out of the game. Just finished the mission at the race track in Miami in #2. Seriously loving the amount of options the player has to complete missions. Had no idea these games were so fun. Thanks for the recommendation. Great story too.

Oct 28, 2017
Bought the first two a couple days ago. Got through the first and though it wasn't very long I enjoyed the hell out of the game. Just finished the mission at the race track in Miami in #2. Seriously loving the amount of options the player has to complete missions. Had no idea these games were so fun. Thanks for the recommendation. Great story too.

Oh, the game is long.
Try completing all the challenges, especially the ones without changing disguises.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Good ratings in missions are tied to the knowledge of knowing everything from each location, which is easy to understand with exploration without disguises and then with each level of disguise. (Scout the area first and then try something else, else just restart the mission because few of the events are time related)

Fastest way to get better is to try Escalation missions in training 1, challenges in training 2 and then in Paris. After that you get the hang of it and should be breezing in normal missions thereafter.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try this

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Hitman 2 legacy pack installed in the menu with the free version of Hitman 2. Is this same thing as Hitman 2 goty legacy pack upgrade?

Edit:. Looks like it bumps up base Hitman to Hitman GOTY, which has a couple of extra missions, which is currently not on sale and only a couple dollars cheaper than Hitman goty all in.

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Miami is such a great mission, especially in terms of options.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Deluxe is 10% off for PS4 and 20% off for PS5 right now. Error?

1-E323879-B5-C3-4497-92-FC-BC546-ECD2-AA2.jpg

E5-E67-F3-D-CC14-4-C2-C-B0-B5-5-E85-DEC357-F4.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Deluxe is 10% off for PS4 and 20% off for PS5 right now. Error?

1-E323879-B5-C3-4497-92-FC-BC546-ECD2-AA2.jpg

E5-E67-F3-D-CC14-4-C2-C-B0-B5-5-E85-DEC357-F4.jpg
Doesn't seem to be an error, its the same on the Canadian store with the PS5 version being cheaper. I contacted support and they said getting the PS5 version will also grant access to the PS4 version, so it doesn't look like there's any reason to get the PS4 Digital Deluxe over the PS5 version. I'll pre-order the PS5 version just in case they reduce the discount but I'll probably wait to download it until there's more confirmation so I won't have problems getting a refund.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
do saves from Hitman 1 carry on over into 2 when playing the legacy content? i played most of the first of the reboots but never finished it. just bought the sequel and would prefer to play the rest of the first game within the second game.

JYOUNG188

Nov 3, 2017
So I originally played the first hitman episodically on pc and never played any of the stuff they added to the original game and never touched 2. Instead of going steam and egs I just went all in and bought all of 1&2 gold / special edition stuff on ps5 to catch up on 2 before jumping into 3. I've bought and downloaded everything free from the ps store can I just jump into 2 and play all the main and extra stuff from 1? Do I need all of 1 downloaded to play the stuff in 2? Sorry probably been covered here but just riding the hype wave of 3 and feel like sneaking around and getting into some hitman antics.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I have everything but Patient Zero. Is that campaign worth the $12 bucks or whatever?

I'm playing through it for the first time right now and would say no. It's 4 mini missions reusing existing maps but not to the same extent as the 3 bonus episodes they released for Hitman 1. There's a couple of decent twists the formula in there and it's nice to see a couple of the levels at night but it's more of a 'cool if you get it as part of the GOTY edition' thing than something worth spending $12 on on its own I think.

Bastion

Oct 27, 2017
So I just pre-ordered the PS5 Deluxe version and as of right now, it still says I need to pay to pre-order the PS4 version which I also want for VR.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I have everything but Patient Zero. Is that campaign worth the $12 bucks or whatever?
If you have Hitman 1+2, then the GOTY Upgrade Legacy Pack might be on sale on the PS Store right now since the main games are on sale: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4572-CUSA12421_00-HITMANSTANDARD00

It also frequently goes on sale on Steam for as little as $2 USD, which is a great price for the content. It's basically 3 remixes of existing maps plus a sniper map. One of the levels has extremely clever, unique mechanics, and was some of the most fun I've had getting SASO on a level.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Picked Hitman 2 up on Xbox side to see how it plays on a console, since I might stick to consoles with my games for the near future.

Only played each level once on the PC, so it is neat to revisit the game. Miami is such an insane level.

Too bad the rest isn't on sale.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
How will installing the individual levels work on the epic store? On steam you could do it through the dlc manager, does epic allow something similar?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I believe it will be only HItman 2 progress.

nope: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hitman-3-lets-players-carry-over-progress-locations-news

"Not only will it be a conclusion to the reboot 'World of Assassination' trilogy started with 2016's Hitman, but it'll also allow players to import locations from the last two games. On top of that, you'll also be able to carry over Hitman 2 unlocks and progression to the sequel."

i imagine hitman 1 unlocks made in hitman 2 will carry over. of not then it doesnt really matter since many of the h2 unlocks are similar to the h1 unlocks.

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played Hitman since the PS2 days. I found them difficult but I was much younger at the time and didn't get how to do pure stealth. A lot of it was frustrating too. However the Metal Gear Solid series quickly became one of my favourite games. I also enjoyed the later Splinter Cell games were more my speed and I began to enjoy pure stealth.

Any idea if these games are worth it for me or should I wait for a deeper sale with all 3? What's a good pitch on these games?

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who is playing 1/2 before 3 releases, I recommend grabbing these since they will greatly help as starting weapons/items.

Krugermeier 2-2 : (The quietest pistol in the game and great for luring/distracting guards.) Bangkok Mastery 20
Electronic Key Hacker/Scrambler : (Hack electronically locked doors(3 uses)) Isle of Sgàil Mastery 7 or Colorado Mastery 15

Last edited:

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I haven't played Hitman since the PS2 days. I found them difficult but I was much younger at the time and didn't get how to do pure stealth. A lot of it was frustrating too. However the Metal Gear Solid series quickly became one of my favourite games. I also enjoyed the later Splinter Cell games were more my speed and I began to enjoy pure stealth.

Any idea if these games are worth it for me or should I wait for a deeper sale with all 3? What's a good pitch on these games?

if u didnt like the old games then i think you should wait for a deep sale or play the hitman 2 miami demo

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

You can play both Hitman and Hitman 2 introductory levels for free.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017

"Frustrating" is not a word I'd use to describe Hitman. You can save at any point and reload your save whenever you want. Things going bad usually creates some fun and tense moments. Play the free levels and see if you like them. This really is the best game to come out in the last decade. It's not even close.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I believe it will be only HItman 2 progress.
nope: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hitman-3-lets-players-carry-over-progress-locations-news

"Not only will it be a conclusion to the reboot 'World of Assassination' trilogy started with 2016's Hitman, but it'll also allow players to import locations from the last two games. On top of that, you'll also be able to carry over Hitman 2 unlocks and progression to the sequel."

i imagine hitman 1 unlocks made in hitman 2 will carry over. of not then it doesnt really matter since many of the h2 unlocks are similar to the h1 unlocks.
That paragraph literally says it's only Hitman 2 progress.
the h2 unlocks are basically the same as the h1 unlocks anyway.
It says unlocks, not locations. So locations from 1 can come over.

really glad they kept this as confusing as possible lol

imma just wait 10 days before playing - i finished Paris and Sapienza on PC years ago but am gonna start from the beginning on PS5

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I enjoy it much more with opportunities disabled. It felt like I was just following waypoints, figuring everything out myself is a big part of the fun in this game. However it might be helpful to play 1 or 2 opportunities in Paris to get the hang of it. I thought Paris was quite overwhelming after the training missions.
Opportunities Off
Map without NPC indicators

Try to be a tourist on every mission and explore everything, you will be surprised.
Yes, although I would recommend that people brand new to the series have opportunities turned on at least for the first couple of tries on the tutorial missions just to grasp how things work. Hitman plays in a very particular way that, in my experience, some newcomers can find hard to grasp. Opportunities help to show what it is possible and how you should try to play.

Once you understand how Hitman works, turn that shit off. It's at its best when you're exploring the levels yourself and trying to piece together how you can use the elements in the level to get a particular result. Opportunities ruin all this by not only spelling it all out but telling you exactly where to go, at which point you're not thinking for yourself. It reduces the game to following waypoints like a sheep.

Many thanks for the input. I'm currently replaying Paris for the ¿4th? time and I've decided to set the Opportunities to "Minimal" for the time being until a get a good grasp of all the mechanics in play in such a large map like this (will turn them off once I move onto Sapienza). I also have to say that I'm officially hooked to this game, now every moment I'm not playing I'm just planning in my head how the next replay of the mission is gonna be lol It's so fucking good.

Regarding unlockable items/locations/suits, these are only linked to mastery levels and specific challenges, am I right? Besides doing them for fun, is there any point in completing all challenges of a level if I already reached mastery lvl 20 and unlocked all challenge-related items?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's "only" 1440p, but Hitman 2 looks so much better on PS5 than on my 980 Ti. I can't imagine how good it'll look at native 4K :o

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Status
Not open for further replies.