• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So please dumb this down to me (so that an imbecile like me can understand)

I own a PS4.

I want Hitman 1+2 and all levels ...

What should I buy? so that it is the best deal and I get EVERYTHING ..

(btw.. I am a PS+ member and I know I have redeemed the Hitman 1 game that was "free")

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I own a PS4.

(btw.. I am a PS+ member and I know I have redeemed the Hitman 1 game that was "free")
www.resetera.com

Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 are currently 80% off, two weeks ahead of Hitman 3's release (both games can be imported into Hitman 3; you should buy them)

I believe so. HITMAN 3 - Dartmoor - IO Interactive Scroll down to the pre-orders section

So basically, the GOTY upgrade for Hitman 1, Hitman 2 Gold Edition and Hitman 3.
(I'm not 100% sure what Hitman 1 version they gave on PS+, so check that)

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Download the Hitman 2 Starter Pack (it's free), maybe you'll be able to access the levels you own this way.

Edit: Just checked, you should be able to access the Hitman 1 client this way :

-Search for Hitman on the store and one of the items you can buy is the upgrade path for the GOTY edition for Hitman 1. Click on it and you'll get the option to buy it but also another option to see the page for the original game. You should be able to download it that way.
Thanks!!! I'll try this!!

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

I own a PS4.

Pretty sure you're in the same boat as me - you want H1 GOTY upgrade (3 new missions included) and H2 Gold (about 7 new missions not including co-op sniper stuff).

That should bring us up to speed.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I appear to own "Hitman - The Complete First Season", so do I need the GOTY upgrade?

Not really. The First season includes the entire main first game and all main missions. That was free on PS+, epic games, etc. There was a GOTY edition which included the season pass, which was basically a DLC that added some costumes and the Patient Zero Campaign, which added four missions to the game, it created two or three "side levels" that reused assets from Sapienza and Marakkesh but respun them into new levels in night mode. They aren't part of the main line story and not playing them will not really change your experiences going into Hitman 2 or Hitman 3.

What I'd just suggest is buying Hitman 2 gold ($20 on PSN), and then deciding whether you want to play NOW a bit or wait until Hitman 3 is released and play it all inside that engine. Really totally up to you. I had 100%'d the game on xbox but playing on PS5 now so I rebought Hitman 2 gold last week, imported the First Season into it, and have been playing 1 level a night starting with Hitman 1. Just hit the Hitman 2 level last night, still 2 weeks till Hitman 3 releases. When Hitman 3 is out I can import all my levels/progression into Hitman 3, and delete Hitman 2 (which has all the H1 levels too).

After you get a few dozen or more hours of Hitman, in whatever order you want, you can decide later if you want to spend another $10 on basically adding 4 missions to the Hitman 1 levels by paying $10. They are neat, like one is revisiting Sapienza which has been transformed into a scifi movie set, but they are entirely side, "not important" missions.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure you're in the same boat as me - you want H1 GOTY upgrade (3 new missions included) and H2 Gold (about 7 new missions not including co-op sniper stuff).

That should bring us up to speed.

So about this, the PS app(can't access my PS5 now) has

a GOTY Legacy Pack for 19.99
a GOTY Edition for 11.99
a GOTY Edition upgrade for 19.99

All three say they include the Patient Zero extra missions so if i have the PS+ plus version which one to buy?

Obviously the best option appears to be the Goty edition for 11.99 but what is the point of the others?

I am confused

Oct 29, 2017
Not really. The First season includes the entire main first game and all main missions. That was free on PS+, epic games, etc. There was a GOTY edition which included the season pass, which was basically a DLC that added some costumes and the Patient Zero Campaign, which added four missions to the game, it created two or three "side levels" that reused assets from Sapienza and Marakkesh but respun them into new levels in night mode. They aren't part of the main line story and not playing them will not really change your experiences going into Hitman 2 or Hitman 3.

What I'd just suggest is buying Hitman 2 gold ($20 on PSN), and then deciding whether you want to play NOW a bit or wait until Hitman 3 is released and play it all inside that engine. Really totally up to you. I had 100%'d the game on xbox but playing on PS5 now so I rebought Hitman 2 gold last week, imported the First Season into it, and have been playing 1 level a night starting with Hitman 1. Just hit the Hitman 2 level last night, still 2 weeks till Hitman 3 releases. When Hitman 3 is out I can import all my levels/progression into Hitman 3, and delete Hitman 2 (which has all the H1 levels too).

After you get a few dozen or more hours of Hitman, in whatever order you want, you can decide later if you want to spend another $10 on basically adding 4 missions to the Hitman 1 levels by paying $10. They are neat, like one is revisiting Sapienza which has been transformed into a scifi movie set, but they are entirely side, "not important" missions.

Wow, thanks for the great reply 👍

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Thank you AuthenticM for bringing this to our attention. I loved the old Hitman Games but have yet to play Hitman 1 (2016) and 2. I got the GOTY Edition of Hitman on Epic when it was free and bought Hitam 2 Gold on Steam. If I read the thread correctly I need to get a key for Hitman 1 on Steam for the import?

Played a bit yesterday on the epic version so it would be not realy a hassel to restart fresh on steam.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So about this, the PS app(can't access my PS5 now) has

a GOTY Legacy Pack for 19.99
a GOTY Edition for 11.99
a GOTY Edition upgrade for 19.99

All three say they include the Patient Zero extra missions so if i have the PS+ plus version which one to buy?

Obviously the best option appears to be the Goty edition for 11.99 but what is the point of the others?

I am confused

You want the GOTY Edition

GOTY Edition = Game plus all expansions, this will unlock Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 and in Hitman 3
GOTY Edition Upgrade = Add on upgrade if you already own the base game
GOTY Legacy Pack = If you own Hitman 2 and want Hitman 1 content, this is something you can purchase to get that content to upgrade in Hitman 2

glebanych

Dec 8, 2017
Kyiv, Ukraine
New Hitman 3 previews are out and ACG says that you will get Hitman 1 and 2 levels when you buy Hitman 3 (timecode 01:55). Is this correct?

Mod Edit: Content removed. We do not provide a platform for this here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
New Hitman 3 previews are out and ACG says that you will get Hitman 1 and 2 levels when you buy Hitman 3 (timecode 01:55). Is this correct?

Nope, not accurate without paying for Hitman 1 and 2. Here's the official announcement:

Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to 'import' locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.

mod edit: quoted content removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
How trophies work if you play H1 levels inside H2? I assume there's no trophies for that content.

MisterNugNug

Oct 27, 2017
If I have the disc version of hitman 2, would I still be able to import those levels into hitman 3? Would if matter if I purchased the third game through PSN?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I just did the exact same thing as you. Bought GOTY 2016 and H2 Gold. Activated them in my steam account. I went into GOTY 2016 and did the benchmark from the menu that pops up. At first start up, loaded up the Prologue. I quit to main menu, went to link my steam account with IO interactive. Then quit the game, uninstalled it. Installed H2 Gold, loaded it up, quit first start up mission to main menu and checked to make sure that my account was linked.

Then I simply went into the main menu of the campaigns. Saw that it said that I didn't own the rest of 2016 beyond the prologue. I quit the game and it started to update. If I right click the game on the steam client and go to properties. In the DLC tab, it says that I own the legacy pack.

I never explicitly looked for anything related to purchasing or seeing that I owned the legacy pack in the game menus. Once it updated and the DLC was downloaded, I simply had the campaigns unlocked.

Hope this helps a bit.

Just tried this - but when I quit H2, no update kicked off. When I got to manage DLC, it still doesn't show the Legacy Pack. Ugh...

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ok so where the hell can I find Hitman The complete first season?

I bought that ages ago, but never played more than 2 levels. Now I feel like playing it again, but can't find it on the Playstation store. Wth?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so where the hell can I find Hitman The complete first season?

I bought that ages ago, but never played more than 2 levels. Now I feel like playing it again, but can't find it on the Playstation store. Wth?
GOTY edition? Here:

HITMAN™ - Game of the Year Edition

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. Travel around the globe to exotic locations and eliminate your targets with everything from a katana or a sniper rifle to an exploding golf ball or some expired spaghetti sauce. The HITMAN - Game of...

If that isn't your version, you may just have to search for it in your library.

edit: Wait, it isn't in my library either, just Hitman 2.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
which version of Hitman 3 do I preorder on PSN?
Do I pre order the PS4 or the PS5 version? I obviously want the PS5 version but I want the VR, so do I have to preorder the PS4 version on PSN?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
GOTY edition? Here:

HITMAN™ - Game of the Year Edition

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. Travel around the globe to exotic locations and eliminate your targets with everything from a katana or a sniper rifle to an exploding golf ball or some expired spaghetti sauce. The HITMAN - Game of...

If that isn't your version, you may just have to search for it in your library.

edit: Wait, it isn't in my library either, just Hitman 2.

Nope, not the GOTY edition. I bought Hitman: The Complete First Season once all episodes were released and it was on sale.

But it's cool! I've found it now haha. Had to type Hitman TM to find it on the PS store.

They've stopped selling the complete first season for obvious reasons, and have replaced that with The GOTY edition.

Guess I'll buy Hitman 2, and enjoy 1 and 2 for the first time in a new package and hopefully less download hassle.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I already own 1 and 2 from sales but never got around to playing them. I really should just wait and play it in 3.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the first two games (Hitman 2 gold and Hitman GOTY), and man this is so confusing.

I had to go in and download Hitman 1 within the game, that's fine and I got everything downloaded. When I go to the Hitman 2 campaign menu, it shows I don't have access to many of the levels. I went and downloaded all of the add ons available, but I still can't play the hitman 2 campaign. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. On PS5 and I had to go to the "Manage Game Content" screen to find the Hitman 2 levels. Having to download levels from 3 different locations is not great, but I'm excited to try these out.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
After the saga that has been trying to get my Hitman 2 Gold to finally register that I own the Legacy Pack, all I needed to do was finally verify the game files on steam. I booted it up now, and its downloading the older content.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that has helped me out, its definitely been a process but all the help was appreciated!!

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
What is the process for getting my PS4 hitman1/2 stuff over to my PS5 hitman 3? Do I need to install the old games? Set up an iOi account?

I had lvl20 mastery on everything in 1 but didn't do much of hitman 1 within 2. Do I have to do something to make sure that 3 recognizes my save from 1 instead of my 1 progress from 2?

Oct 28, 2017
On the flip side of these sales, the Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition has gone up to £80 on the EGS. It was 75 yesterday. Fucking ridiculous.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Double dipped on both Hitman 1 and 2 which I own on PC so I can play Hitman 3 on PS5. My PCs performance is probably damn close to what itll be on PS5, but damnit I wanna play it on the console i'm currnetly indulging in, so I will.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is the process for getting my PS4 hitman1/2 stuff over to my PS5 hitman 3? Do I need to install the old games? Set up an iOi account?

I had lvl20 mastery on everything in 1 but didn't do much of hitman 1 within 2. Do I have to do something to make sure that 3 recognizes my save from 1 instead of my 1 progress from 2?

It's account-based, I think, but only progress made in H2 will transfer to 3. :(

Will they be upgraded to next gen ?

I believe so, and for free.

Oct 27, 2017
I have Hitman on Xbox because I think it was a GwG once? If I purchase the upgrade edition, will the game be activated on my account? Or it will still be a GwG game?

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After the saga that has been trying to get my Hitman 2 Gold to finally register that I own the Legacy Pack, all I needed to do was finally verify the game files on steam. I booted it up now, and its downloading the older content.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that has helped me out, its definitely been a process but all the help was appreciated!!
I'm glad you worked it out!

Hitman 3 can only import content from Hitman 2, including progress. Unfortunately, Hitman 2 cannot import your progress from 1, so you are out of luck on that one.

For Hitman 3 to be able to import content from 2, you just need to have Hitman 2 installed on your PS5, along with the legacy levels of 1.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in another thread but this one is probably better suited:

Does anyone have this PSN issue where it doesnt think you own Hitman 2?
I preordered the Hitman 2 Gold Edition on day one but the store thinks I don't own it. I'm worried that map importing into HItman 3 is gonna be borked for me.
I noticed this when I tried to redownload Hitman 2 on my PS5.
It's in my Library on the PS5 but it takes me to a store page to buy it

74YSGrf.png

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What are the odds of all three getting PC VR? They have PSVR, right? So it should be inevitable

Their answers to the reddit thread were pretty cagey, I'd say it is likely but not certain.

"Hey! We've obviously been reading ALL the comments that we've received about VR in the last week. It's been great to see the enthusiasm and interest from pretty much everyone with a VR headset. We hear you.
Now that you mention it, Hitman's legacy on PC is at the front of our mind this year because we're fast-approaching the 20th anniversary of Codename 47, which has only ever been released on PC. 20 years of a franchise is pretty special, but that's for another day.
For VR, what I can tell you today is that HITMAN 3 will include PS VR support at launch.
We'll keep sharing more details and information when we can. Thanks for the question!"

My own question - have they detailed yet how Steam --> EGS PC users will transfer their progress? I'm still debating whether to just wait for the Steam version to have them all in one place.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I preordered the Hitman 2 Gold Edition on day one but the store thinks I don't own it. I'm worried that map importing into HItman 3 is gonna be borked for me.

74YSGrf.png
The webstore does this for me, but not the download list.

Try restoring your licenses. The option to do so is in the system settings.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually super interested in this. I bought the first one in late 2016 and played 2 missions before dropping it because I had too much going on at the time.

I think I only have the base game and need the 4,99 upgrade to GOTY (+ Hitman 2 Gold!) but I'm not sure because I can't find it the store, seems like only the GOTY version or the update exist...
Can anyone confirm? Any way to confirm which version I own?

Thank you.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
It worked :-) Played Hitman 1 Tutorial, the two missions on the boat and the one with the yet then was asked to sign in to my IOI Account. Bootet up Hitman 2 after that, redid the tutorial (same two missions on boat) and got kicked out of the game. At this point he updated the game with 31.6 GB. After that I was able to play the Hitman 1 missions in 2.

Sapienza is beatiful.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Their answers to the reddit thread were pretty cagey, I'd say it is likely but not certain.

"Hey! We've obviously been reading ALL the comments that we've received about VR in the last week. It's been great to see the enthusiasm and interest from pretty much everyone with a VR headset. We hear you.
Now that you mention it, Hitman's legacy on PC is at the front of our mind this year because we're fast-approaching the 20th anniversary of Codename 47, which has only ever been released on PC. 20 years of a franchise is pretty special, but that's for another day.
For VR, what I can tell you today is that HITMAN 3 will include PS VR support at launch.
We'll keep sharing more details and information when we can. Thanks for the question!"

My own question - have they detailed yet how Steam --> EGS PC users will transfer their progress? I'm still debating whether to just wait for the Steam version to have them all in one place.
"we hear you"
"what we can tell you today"

Good sign... but yeah very cagey. Maybe they're worried about how it impacts performance on PC?

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
The webstore does this for me, but not the download list.

Try restoring your licenses. The option to do so is in the system settings.

Thanks. Did the licenses thing but it still thinks I dont own it.
However it now says I own the Starter Version of HItman 2 now ?? But then you open that up and it says I only own Hawkes Bay and the DLC maps lol.
But if I go to manage content on the PS5 menu for Hitman 2 I can now download all the maps one by one.

Is that how it shows up for you? I still think its weird considering I bought the Gold Version and its a thing that exists. And I do hope the map importing to H3 is smooth despite this

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

74YSGrf.png

Your fine. PSN is just weird with how it displays stuff on the store. As long as you have the license for it that is all that matters not what the store shows.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Did the licenses thing but it still thinks I dont own it.
However it now says I own the Starter Version of HItman 2 now ?? But then you open that up and it says I only own Hawkes Bay and the DLC maps lol.
But if I go to manage content on the PS5 menu for Hitman 2 I can now download all the maps one by one.

Is that how it shows up for you? I still think its weird considering I bought the Gold Version and its a thing that exists. And I do hope the map importing to H3 is smooth despite this
Oh yeah, I had a similar issue. At first, I only downloaded Hitman 2 and its maps, without downloading the legacy H2016 maps. After that, I could not download the legacy maps. I had to delete hitman 2 from my ps5, and when I clicked on the game again in my library, I had to make sure to select every download option possible.

Basically, you need to download the whole game at once, or else you can't download the rest. It's super weird.

Did you preorder the gold edition of the game back in 2018? I'm wondering if that's the issue. Maybe the Hitman 2 game that's on PSN now has a different ID number than the one that we preordered, or something.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Your fine. PSN is just weird with how it displays stuff on the store. As long as you have the license for it that is all that matters not what the store shows.

Oh yeah, I had a similar issue. At first, I only downloaded Hitman 2 and its maps, without downloading the legacy H2016 maps. After that, I could not download the legacy maps. I had to delete hitman 2 from my ps5, and when I clicked on the game again in my library, I had to make sure to select every download option possible.

Basically, you need to download the whole game at once, or else you can't download the rest. It's super weird.

Did you preorder the gold edition of the game back in 2018? I'm wondering if that's the issue. Maybe the Hitman 2 game that's on PSN now has a different ID number than the one that we preordered, or something.

Thanks! Good to know things should be ok.
Yeah I preordered the Gold Edition way back then. Is WB still the publisher of it now that IO has gone solo w Hitman 3? I wonder if thats a reason and like you said the ID changed

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Good to know things should be ok.
Yeah I preordered the Gold Edition way back then. Is WB still the publisher of it now that IO has gone solo w Hitman 3? I wonder if thats a reason and like you said the ID changed
Its just how PSN handles SKU's. Take for Example Overwatch. I own it. At launch it was "The Origin Edition" which came bundled with skins now the default and only version of it on PSN is "The Legendary Edition" which comes with Skins + Loot boxes. Different SKU so PSN shows me that I don't own it even though I own it. If that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.