• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derko1

Oct 29, 2017
I read through the whole thread and I'm sorry, but I am not seeing the answer. I also saw someone else mention that it was telling them to buy the legacy pack.

SOOOOOO... I currently own the regular version of HItman 2016 on steam, if I purchase the GOTY version from CDKeys, will I get access to the legacy pack for Hitman 2? From what I see on the Hitman 2 page on steam. The Legacy pack looks like a separate purchase for Hitman 2. Do you automatically get it when you own the GOTY edition of 2016?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I read through the whole thread and I'm sorry, but I am not seeing the answer. I also saw someone else mention that it was telling them to buy the legacy pack.

SOOOOOO... I currently own the regular version of HItman 2016 on steam, if I purchase the GOTY version from CDKeys, will I get access to the legacy pack for Hitman 2? From what I see on the Hitman 2 page on steam. The Legacy pack looks like a separate purchase for Hitman 2. Do you automatically get it when you own the GOTY edition of 2016?

If you own the regular version you will have access to that in Hitman 2

if you own the goty edition you will get acces to that in Hitman 2

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, did a skim but too much content - just a quick yes or no - is the story/campaign stuff worth playing through even if you only do the missions once? I don't really care about the repeatable stuff as I am bad at stealth stuff, but I found the first few missions of Hitman 1 pretty entertaining whenever they gave it for free on Xbox, and thinking about trying it on PC now that I have a good one.

Derko1

Oct 29, 2017
If you own the regular version you will have access to that in Hitman 2

if you own the goty edition you will get acces to that in Hitman 2

Thank you for that. Just played about 30 minutes on PC. Game runs surprisingly well, maxed out at 4k at 60fps. Hopefully 3 will run nearly as well, highly doubt it, but I can always hope.

Anyone know if they are moving to DX12 for H3?

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
So iv bought hitman 2 for xbox and migrated the hitman 1 levels.. To do the same for 3 do I just need the standard edition?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox says I own Hitman 2. I don't remember ever buying it though and choosing install all is installing a ton of things. Was this ever given away?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So about to preorder Hitman 3, and noticed this thread.

I have the complete first season on PS4, which is weird because it's not in the shop. The only version on PSN is the GOTY edition. So I have to find it in my library otherwise it wants me to buy it again. Strange.
Anyway I also have a standard version of Hitman 2. To be complete with all DLC do I purchase the GOTY edition upgrade for Hitman 1 and the expansion pass for Hitman 2, than I have all content going into Hitman 3?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
This is kinda confusing, so only hitman 2 is on sale for xbox? Hitman 1 isn't? Xbox is downloading hitman - legacy: location levels off of my hitman 2 download.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know! Should be almost installed, so I'm excited to jump in!

So, I started up Hitman 1 and I'm not seeing anything to redeem the Legacy Pack and if I go into H2/Steam, it wants me to buy the Legacy Pack
Do you own both games on Steam? And are they both installed?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Do you own both games on Steam? And are they both installed?
Yup, bought the GOTY edition of 1 and the Gold Edition of 2 from the CD Keys links on the OP. Both were activated on Steam and are now installed, on different hard drives (if that matters). Don't see any mention of the Legacy Pack on 2 at all. Do I need to play the tutorial on there before I can?? I assumed not, just trying to think of what I'm missing.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, bought the GOTY edition of 1 and the Gold Edition of 2 from the CD Keys links on the OP. Both were activated on Steam and are now installed, on different hard drives (if that matters). Don't see any mention of the Legacy Pack on 2 at all. Do I need to play the tutorial on there before I can?? I assumed not, just trying to think of what I'm missing.
I'm not familiar with the process on PC, but I don't think that you need to complete the tutorial to redeem the legacy pack. I have two suggestions for you:

1. Try having both games installed on the same drive.
2. Create an account on IOI's website and link it to your Steam account.

If it's anything like the PS4 version, the option to redeem the legacy pack will be in the game's main menu. I don't recall which game that was though, so check both H2016 and H2's menus. (I think it was H2016)

Outside of that, I don't know. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So on ps4 I had hitman digitally and hitman 2 physical. I did the import to get hitman levels on hitman 2.

Now I have a digital ps5. So I have Hitman in my library, I just need to buy regular hitman 2 digitally or do I need to buy the gold edition?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not familiar with the process on PC, but I don't think that you need to complete the tutorial to redeem the legacy pack. I have two suggestions for you:

1. Try having both games installed on the same drive.
2. Create an account on IOI's website and link it to your Steam account.

If it's anything like the PS4 version, the option to redeem the legacy pack will be in the game's main menu. I don't recall which game that was though, so check both H2016 and H2's menus. (I think it was H2016)

Outside of that, I don't know. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I appreciate you're help!

I just switched H1 to the same hard drive as H2. I also had already made an IO account and linked it to both games, in case that would do it. Unfortunately, it still isn't recognizing it :(

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, did a skim but too much content - just a quick yes or no - is the story/campaign stuff worth playing through even if you only do the missions once? I don't really care about the repeatable stuff as I am bad at stealth stuff, but I found the first few missions of Hitman 1 pretty entertaining whenever they gave it for free on Xbox, and thinking about trying it on PC now that I have a good one.
I would say there's still plenty fun to be had on one playthrough especially since you said you enjoyed what you'ved played. Certainly worth it for the cheap deals on Hitman 1 and 2 right now. Buying 3 for full price when it comes out to play six missions once mightn't be worth it though.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Good to know! Should be almost installed, so I'm excited to jump in!

So, I started up Hitman 1 and I'm not seeing anything to redeem the Legacy Pack and if I go into H2/Steam, it wants me to buy the Legacy Pack

So on ps4 I had hitman digitally and hitman 2 physical. I did the import to get hitman levels on hitman 2.

Now I have a digital ps5. So I have Hitman in my library, I just need to buy regular hitman 2 digitally or do I need to buy the gold edition?
We don't know yet, Hitman2 might be the one you need to boot to get that unlock for the 3rd game- even on disc

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edit.
I was pretty sure that this game was on PS+, but looking on my library and the PS Store it doesn't show up as a free game :/

I've never played any Hitman game ever. Now I'm about to finish Spiderman Remastered and I want to jump to a new game before Miles Morales. I also have the first Hitman thanks to PS+. Should I buy Hitman 2?
What is this game about? I'm interested thanks to the trailers, but I don't know if it's a shooter, stealth, rpg or a mix of everything.
I would love some advice and some newcomer tips.
My idea is to play it on PS5 with the free copy of PS Plus + buy a copy of 2.

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone report how 1 and 2 play on ps5? I never played these but was planning to get 3

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
So somehow I own these games after downloading them earlier. Would it be advisable to just wait for Hitman 3 to get the engine upgrades?

rataplein

Oct 28, 2017
I own "HITMAN™ 1" from when it was free from PS+. When was on the Library of my PS4 it showed up as "HITMAN™ 1" and then I could download 6 different "Add-Ons" files named:

-HITMAN™ Paris
-HITMAN™ Sapienza
-HITMAN™ Episode 3: Marrakesh
-HITMAN™ Episode 4: Bangkok
-HITMAN™ Episode 5: Colorado
-HITMAN™ Episode 6: Hokkaido

After installing all that, I booted the game. Then, in the in-game menu, i found an option to "Redeem Now Legacy Pack" and selected it and it gave me access to:

-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Paris
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Sapienza
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 3: Marrakesh
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 4: Bangkok
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 5: Colorado
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 6: Hokkaido

-HITMAN™ - Requiem Legacy Suit
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Bonus Missions
-HITMAN™ - White Rubber Duck Explosive
-HITMAN™ - Silenced ICA-19 Chrome Pistol

I've downloaded it all.

Also, in the in-game menu i have the option to upgrade my PS+ Version to the GOTY one for 4.99 dollars.

Now, I don't own HITMAN™ 2, so i can't contine with process (and i don't have the money right now to buy it =( ) but i hope it helps other people wondering about how it works with the PS+ Version.

Oh, and I almost forgot. After all this, if I go the the Library section of the PS4, the game I own shows up as HITMAN™ 2 with just the Legacy Content. Nothing about HITMAN™ 1. Weird.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I own "HITMAN™ 1" from when it was free from PS+. When was on the Library of my PS4 it showed up as "HITMAN™ 1" and then I could download 6 different "Add-Ons" files named:

-HITMAN™ Paris
-HITMAN™ Sapienza
-HITMAN™ Episode 3: Marrakesh
-HITMAN™ Episode 4: Bangkok
-HITMAN™ Episode 5: Colorado
-HITMAN™ Episode 6: Hokkaido

After installing all that, I booted the game. Then, in the in-game menu, i found an option to "Redeem Now Legacy Pack" and selected it and it gave me access to:

-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Paris
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Sapienza
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 3: Marrakesh
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 4: Bangkok
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 5: Colorado
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Episode 6: Hokkaido

-HITMAN™ - Requiem Legacy Suit
-HITMAN™ - Legacy: Bonus Missions
-HITMAN™ - White Rubber Duck Explosive
-HITMAN™ - Silenced ICA-19 Chrome Pistol

I've downloaded it all.

Also, in the in-game menu i have the option to upgrade my PS+ Version to the GOTY one for 4.99 dollars.

Now, I don't own HITMAN™ 2, so i can't contine with process (and i don't have the money right now to buy it =( ) but i hope it helps other people wondering about how it works with the PS+ Version.

Oh, and I almost forgot. After all this, if I go the the Library section of the PS4, the game I own shows up as HITMAN™ 2 with just the Legacy Content. Nothing about HITMAN™ 1. Weird.
You're on PS4 or PS5?
I'm on PS5 and the game doesn't show on PS Store or on my PS+ library :/
It only shows the GOTY edition.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox says I own Hitman 2. I don't remember ever buying it though and choosing install all is installing a ton of things. Was this ever given away?

Sorta. The base client was downloadable for free which you could import Hitman 1 content into and I believe there was a limited time holiday level that you could play. So there's actually two listings for Hitman 2; one is this client and the other is the standard edition of the full game. It's confusingly listed on the Xbox store because of that.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Sorta. The base client was downloadable for free which you could import Hitman 1 content into and I believe there was a limited time holiday level that you could play. So there's actually two listings for Hitman 2; one is this client and the other is the standard edition of the full game. It's confusingly listed on the Xbox store because of that.

It's weird though because I am playing the hitman 2016 missions right now and it looks like 2's are available as well. It hasn't asked me to buy anything.

Derko1

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. In H1, I see no mention of the Legacy Pack. In H2, I see the Legacy Pack but it wants me to buy it.
I just did the exact same thing as you. Bought GOTY 2016 and H2 Gold. Activated them in my steam account. I went into GOTY 2016 and did the benchmark from the menu that pops up. At first start up, loaded up the Prologue. I quit to main menu, went to link my steam account with IO interactive. Then quit the game, uninstalled it. Installed H2 Gold, loaded it up, quit first start up mission to main menu and checked to make sure that my account was linked.

Then I simply went into the main menu of the campaigns. Saw that it said that I didn't own the rest of 2016 beyond the prologue. I quit the game and it started to update. If I right click the game on the steam client and go to properties. In the DLC tab, it says that I own the legacy pack.

I never explicitly looked for anything related to purchasing or seeing that I owned the legacy pack in the game menus. Once it updated and the DLC was downloaded, I simply had the campaigns unlocked.

Hope this helps a bit.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird though because I am playing the hitman 2016 missions right now and it looks like 2's are available as well. It hasn't asked me to buy anything.

Have you actually launched a level though? It tends to make it look like it's available until you actually try to play it. That said, I had weird issues where often it actually looked like the content was unlocked and sometimes would be but then later on it would be locked so there was weird license check going on with it too. There was some weird thing where it would sort of unlock stuff early on and it was probably a bug. I decided not to worry about it working sometimes and not working other times and to pony up the small price to not have to worry about it anymore.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4. I've accessed the Library from the console, not webstore or app.
Thanks.
I've tried via the PS5 store and the app, it doesn't show the base game, just the GOTY edition. I tried via web but the link doesn't work.
They probably locked the game to be playable only on PS4, because the game doesn't show on my PS+ library. Damn! I really wanted to try it on PS5 ;/

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Have you actually launched a level though? It tends to make it look like it's available until you actually try to play it. That said, I had weird issues where often it actually looked like the content was unlocked and sometimes would be but then later on it would be locked so there was weird license check going on with it too. There was some weird thing where it would sort of unlock stuff early on and it was probably a bug. I decided not to worry about it working sometimes and not working other times and to pony up the small price to not have to worry about it anymore.

Hmm so initially it looked like I had access to everything. I checked again after your post and all of hitman 2016 content is available to play and hitman 2 says "get access" on every level and clicking on it gives me the option to go to the store. Hopefully the rest of the hitman 2016 stay unlocked cause I could've swore the hitman 2 levels didn't say access when I first downloaded the game. I went ahead and bought it for $12 so I should be good for 3 now. Was this episodic? Interesting how every level downloads individually.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm so initially it looked like I had access to everything. I checked again after your post and all of hitman 2016 content is available to play and hitman 2 says "get access" on every level and clicking on it gives me the option to go to the store. Hopefully the rest of the hitman 2016 stay unlocked cause I could've swore the hitman 2 levels didn't say access when I first downloaded the game. I went ahead and bought it for $12 so I should be good for 3 now. Was this episodic? Interesting how every level downloads individually.

Ya, I had weird issues like that too. For the price it was just worth paying for it to avoid the headache. I believe the first one was episodic, but not the second one with how they released it. The second one was released all at once and then a season pass with more levels. I believe they break it up that you can download only the levels you want so that in the future when you import, you can just import the level you want to play rather than needing to import everything. You can't buy the levels individually; they just let you download them individually.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Thinking about getting up-to-date on PS4. Looking at my trophy list to confirm what I already have, it looks like I've completed all H1 missions other than:

A House Built on Sand
The Icon
Landslide

Are these the ones included in the H1 GOTY edition?

If that's the case, I guess I'd just get GOTY upgrade and H2 Gold in order to have everything so far. (A good £20 for 10 missions.)

Pretty sure I'm in a similar situation to a lot of folks, but it'd be great to get a confirmation.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about getting up-to-date on PS4. Looking at my trophy list to confirm what I already have, it looks like I've completed all H1 missions other than:

A House Built on Sand
The Icon
Landslide

Are these the ones included in the H1 GOTY edition?

If that's the case, I guess I'd just get GOTY upgrade and H2 Gold in order to have everything so far. (A good £20 for 10 missions.)

Pretty sure I'm in a similar situation to a lot of folks, but it'd be great to get a confirmation.

Yep, they're included.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
How are the older Hitman games? Blood Money etc? I got a voucher from GoG. And i get discounts for the older Hitman games. Any recommendations?

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
How are the older Hitman games? Blood Money etc? I got a voucher from GoG. And i get discounts for the older Hitman games. Any recommendations?

The series gets continuously better as it goes on, with the exception of Absolution which is a little lame. Codename 47 (the first) is mediocre but has some likable moments, 2: Silent Assassin is good but with some awkward elements and a few poor stages, and Contracts and Blood Money are thoroughly excellent, with Blood Money being the stronger of the two. The latter two are easily recommendable, and the first two are more something that's neat to check out if you really like the series. The modern two games are better than previous entries, though.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The series gets continuously better as it goes on, with the exception of Absolution which is a little lame. Codename 47 (the first) is mediocre but has some likable moments, 2: Silent Assassin is good but with some awkward elements and a few poor stages, and Contracts and Blood Money are thoroughly excellent, with Blood Money being the stronger of the two. The latter two are easily recommendable, and the first two are more something that's neat to check out if you really like the series. The modern two games are better than previous entries, though.
Maybe in terms of gameplay and larger sandboxes, but the series has lost a ton of its unique identity IMO. I love the new games but I really miss the more scuzzy, weirder levels of the previous games. Where's the modern equivalent of Mardi Gras, or Heaven & Hell, or Meat King. Blood Money is the peak of Hitman in many ways, despite the new ones evolving the gameplay

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Thanks for the recommendation. Just got Absolution and blood money together for 4.48 €.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe in terms of gameplay and larger sandboxes, but the series has lost a ton of its unique identity IMO. I love the new games but I really miss the more scuzzy, weirder levels of the previous games. Where's the modern equivalent of Mardi Gras, or Heaven & Hell, or Meat King. Blood Money is the peak of Hitman in many ways, despite the new ones evolving the gameplay

Sgail felt like the closest the newer games have gotten in tone, but that's definitely something I really miss. Jesper Kyd's incredible soundtracks added so much to the atmosphere.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Every entry (or so) has a different tone. It's what keeps the series fresh: from Contracts' gothic, euro-noir, Blood Money's Lynchian satire, to Absolution's sub-Tarantino grindhouse.

WOA has gone for the spy/conspiracy thriller angle, which fits the current zeitgeist (no pun intended) nicely, especially since, like Blood Money did so well, scratching each level's 'respectable' veneer reveals there is more going on underneath. It's more subtle, but the darkness and grime are still very much present.

I hope to see another stylistic jump in future entries.

Ultimately, the level design is what makes Hitman (it is a puzzle game, after all) and H1 and 2 are the very peak of the series in that regard.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to play these games, I checked and I noticed that I actually already own Hitman 1, I'll buy the rest during the next sale.

But I see that it's also a timed exclusive for the Epic Game Store... it's still coming to Steam eventually right? I might wait until then and then buy everything and play it all.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Contracts and Blood Money are so good. Quite unique games for the PS2.

But these three modern games are the perfection of the formula IMO

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
Anyone report how 1 and 2 play on ps5? I never played these but was planning to get 3

I've played through the entirety of Hitman 2 including Hitman 1's legacy levels on PS5. It's locked 60 FPS with native 1440p resolution. Looks very crisp on my 50" 4K TV I could've been easily fooled into thinking it is some sort of a 4K reconstruction. Really enjoyed those games' visuals (not as much as the excellent gameplay of course but still).

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks.
I've tried via the PS5 store and the app, it doesn't show the base game, just the GOTY edition. I tried via web but the link doesn't work.
They probably locked the game to be playable only on PS4, because the game doesn't show on my PS+ library. Damn! I really wanted to try it on PS5 ;/
That doesn't sound right. Maybe try downloading the free Hitman 2 client to see if your levels appear there?

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.
Download the Hitman 2 Starter Pack (it's free), maybe you'll be able to access the levels you own this way.

Edit: Just checked, you should be able to access the Hitman 1 client this way :

-Search for Hitman on the store and one of the items you can buy is the upgrade path for the GOTY edition for Hitman 1. Click on it and you'll get the option to buy it but also another option to see the page for the original game. You should be able to download it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.