• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik3F

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought Hitman GOTY edition, I think that's all I need to get the legacy pack for Hitman 2

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
It did for Hitman 2 so I'm assuming they'll do the same again - it would be abit nasty to screw over disc owners. You can find the original Hitman 2 FAQ here - https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/.

Afaik they haven't detailed the process for 3 yet but it should be similar.
Then... I wonder if it would work to just download them from the Xbox store and not pay for them. With one of the latest Xbox app updates, they introduced the ability to download an app you haven't bought yet. If all it's looking for is the game data on your hard drive, and it works if you have a disk that's not inserted, I wonder if that would work. I'm obviously not condoning this, I'm just curious.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Then... I wonder if it would work to just download them from the Xbox store and not pay for them. With one of the latest Xbox app updates, they introduced the ability to download an app you haven't bought yet. If all it's looking for is the game data on your hard drive, and it works if you have a disk that's not inserted, I wonder if that would work. I'm obviously not condoning this, I'm just curious.

It won't be enough to have the data, you would need a license to use it too.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if i have the PS+ version of Hitman 1, what do i need to buy to get all the maps and missions?

Are there even new locations or is it only new missions in the same areas?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
yes. you'll get all the graphical/engine enhancements from 3. eventually this will include ray tracing as well

I've seen this alluded yo a few times in this thread. There's official word that H1 and 2 will receive substantial graphical upgrades when imported to 3? I've seen word of screen space reflection added to the first two, but nothing beyond that, ie frame rates, resolution, etc.

Because the footage I've seen from 3 looks astonishingly good.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen this alluded yo a few times in this thread. There's official word that H1 and 2 will receive substantial graphical upgrades when imported to 3? I've seen word of screen space reflection added to the first two, but nothing beyond that, ie frame rates, resolution, etc.

Because the footage I've seen from 3 looks astonishingly good.
Well, we don't 100% know, but given how the move from H1 to H2 did update the old levels quite significantly (in terms of lighting, and with the new gameplay features H2 introduced), I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing the pass for all the levels.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I need some help because I don't know what I'm missing. I already own HITMAN 2 and just got the 2016 GOTY edition on the PS4. All the content is downloaded and installed at around 60 GBs but I can't access any of it from either game, when I try again from the 2016 game to "Get Access" I'm directed to the store again and can't do anything but rate it cause it's already downloaded.

Pokalapoketl

Dec 4, 2018
So, just to make sure:
- I own the original Hitman Season 1 digitally (PS4);
- I own Hitman 2 Gold Edition on disc (PS4).

If I want to get everything digitally, I only need te buy the Hitman 2 base game, right? I already have the Hitman 2 expansion pass through my physical Gold Edition and buying the digital base game should give me the right to the free Legacy Pack upgrade for Hitman (Season 1).

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
Another question.. I have the first hitman game, if I have the free tutorial version of hitman 2,can I import hitman 1 maps into 2 if that makes sense?

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a version to purchase on PS5 that has all content (incl. Hitman 1 and 2 missions)?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
thanks for this! I bought the Hitman GOTY on epic store for $4.99 with the $10 off coupon(14.99 originally) and then bought Hitman 2 GOTY on CD keys for $12. Both these games for $17 and change is crazy.

question, since one game is on Epic Store and other is on Steam, can I transfer Hitman 1 to steam?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
thanks for this! I bought the Hitman GOTY on epic store for $4.99 with the $10 off coupon(14.99 originally) and then bought Hitman 2 GOTY on CD keys for $12. Both these games for $17 and change is crazy.

question, since one game is on Epic Store and other is on Steam, can I transfer Hitman 1 to steam?
Nope :( They must be on the same platform.

You can request the refund though, and get it really cheap on CDKeys for Steam: https://www.cdkeys.com/hitman-game-of-the-year-edition-pc-steam-cd-key

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold, activated them on Steam, then installed only Hitman 2. When I jump into Hitman 2, it seems to believe I don't have access to any of the Hitman 1 maps. If I look at the DLC in the Steam Store, it looks like I'm missing the Legacy Pack. I could've sworn that was all included in Hitman GOTY? Do I actually need to have Hitman 1 installed first before installing Hitman 2?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold, activated them on Steam, then installed only Hitman 2. When I jump into Hitman 2, it seems to believe I don't have access to any of the Hitman 1 maps. If I look at the DLC in the Steam Store, it looks like I'm missing the Legacy Pack. I could've sworn that was all included in Hitman GOTY? Do I actually need to have Hitman 1 installed first before installing Hitman 2?
Everything got imported to my Hitman 2 but not immediately. I didn't have 1 installed. I believe it will tell you when it's importing the levels. Have you finished the first mission?

EDIT: I did play some of Hitman 1 before though (years ago) but I doubt that should matter.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Everything got imported to my Hitman 2 but not immediately. I didn't have 1 installed. I believe it will tell you when it's importing the levels. Have you finished the first mission?
I did the tutorial last night, then it asked me if I wanted to start in Hitman 1 or go to Hitman 2. When I chose to go to Hitman 1, it basically said 'Get Access' on every level, telling me to pick up the Legacy Pack. I'll give it another spin later tonight and see if it'll start importing 'em!

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
So how good was the HM Legacy Pack in Hitman 2? Did it completely override the need to play Hitman 1 as a standalone game or are there caveats?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
So how good was the HM Legacy Pack in Hitman 2? Did it completely override the need to play Hitman 1 as a standalone game or are there caveats?
It's flawless. Even improved, given how some of the gameplay features from 2 got implemented into those levels.

There's absolutely no reason to play H1 anymore (well, some escalations are missing in the transfer, but not much of value is lost)

Wavves

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to play hit man 1 or 2 before 3 comes out? I own the gold editions to be able to play them in 3. Can I play the missions in order from H1 - H3 day one? Don't want to be lost story wise

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I was betting on them going on sale right before Hitman 3 dropped. Going to play the entire trilogy in that game.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to play hit man 1 or 2 before 3 comes out? I own the gold editions to be able to play them in 3. Can I play the missions in order from H1 - H3 day one? Don't want to be lost story wise
I would wait to play them on H3, they will be there day 1 if you already own them.

And yes, if it's like the Hitman 2 menu, they are ordered chronologically and by campaign, so you can play them in order as if you were playing the games themselves.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I would wait to play them on H3, they will be there day 1 if you already own them.

And yes, if it's like the Hitman 2 menu, they are ordered chronologically and by campaign, so you can play them in order as if you were playing the games themselves.
So I'm still lost on this whole "play Hitman 1 and 2 in Hitman 3" idea.

I haven't played any of the Hitmen (I got H1 for free via Epic fwiw) but I'm somewhat interested to try them. Why should I buy all of them at once instead of just playing H1? And then H2? What does importing mean in this context?

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
AuthenticM I love you and wish you all the best in life. I fucking love these games!! I'd have completely missed out on buying it for my console (I wish there were cross platform purchases) had I not seen this thread just now!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm still lost on this whole "play Hitman 1 and 2 in Hitman 3" idea.

I haven't played any of the Hitmen (I got H1 for free via Epic fwiw) but I'm somewhat interested to try them. Why should I buy all of them at once instead of just playing H1? And then H2? What does importing mean in this context?
Because, when H3 comes out, you will be able to play all the levels, missions and get all the gadgets from H1 and H2 in H3. With all the improvements H3 brings to the table, gameplay and graphic wise. The import of H1 into H2 already improved those levels quite a bit.

Also, for example, whatever you unlock playing H3 levels could be used in the H1/H2 missions, and viceversa, so it opens new alternatives for those.

Basically, you would get a macro game in H3, with all the progression and unlocks available for the whole trilogy.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Because, when H3 comes out, you will be able to play all the levels, missions and get all the gadgets from H1 and H2 in H3. With all the improvements H3 brings to the table, gameplay and graphic wise. The import of H1 into H2 already improved those levels quite a bit.

Also, for example, whatever you unlock playing H3 levels could be used in the H1/H2 missions, so it opens new alternatives for those.

Basically, you would get a macro game in H3, with all the progression and unlocks available for the whole trilogy.
So Hitman 1 came out in 2016 - would I essentially get to play it in the exact same engine of this year's Hitman 3? Meaning it'd be like a free "remaster" of that title? Plus get to play H1 with all the mechanics that they've developed since?

Yeah that does sound pretty tasty I'll admit, if not like a bit of a commitment given that I don't know if I'll like them lol A trilogy pack at a discount would be prime.

Oct 28, 2017
i have unique scenario. I played hitman 1 on ps4, but i played hitman 2 on steam. is there any chance, through IO account or something, that i'll get access to all of the content on either ps5 or EGS?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Hitman 1 came out in 2016 - would I essentially get to play it in the exact same engine of this year's Hitman 3? Meaning it'd be like a free "remaster" of that title? Plus get to play H1 with all the mechanics that they've developed since?

Yeah that does sound pretty tasty I'll admit, if not like a bit of a commitment given that I don't know if I'll like them lol A trilogy pack at a discount would be prime.
Yes it's an upgrade, visually and mechanically. They typically don't change the gameplay much between episodes, but still. Also a few new gadgets (tranq gun was introduced in H2, so was the vomit gun for instance)

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, it's basically that. You would be playing Hitman 1 (or 2) levels with all the improvements (both in graphics and gameplay) from Hitman 3, free remaster is not a bad way of putting it.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Yes, it's basically that. You would be playing Hitman 1 (or 2) levels with all the improvements from Hitman 3, free remaster is not a bad way of putting it.
Yes it's an upgrade, visually and mechanically. They typically don't change the gameplay much between episodes, but still. Also a few new gadgets (tranq gun was introduced in H2, so was the vomit gun for instance)
Vomit gun wat

Last question - how does it actually work on PC? The import I mean.
I got Hitman 1 on Epic and I'd need to get the GOTY upgrade for that.
Hitman 2 is not on there, but it's on Steam.
Then again, Hitman 3 is supposed to be Epic exclusive.

Or does it not matter where you buy it from?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Vomit gun wat

Last question - how does it actually work on PC? The import I mean.
I got Hitman 1 on Epic and I'd need to get the GOTY upgrade for that.
Hitman 2 is not on there, but it's on Steam.then again Hitman 3 is supposed to be Epic exclusive.
Either Hitman 2 comes out on Epic, or you would need Hitman 1 on Steam as well, import that to H2 Steam, and then both to H3 Epic.

We don't know the detailed process yet (probably automatic with the IOI account), but the idea they've said is that:
- Hitman 1 Steam -> Hitman 2 Steam
- Hitman 2 Steam (with the H1 content) -> Hitman 3 Epic

Sadly, there´s no Hitman 1 Epic -> Hitman 2 Steam. I don't know if there's a direct H1 -> H3 either.

But, what they've said, is that the content of those games can be purchased ingame, so even if H2 is not on EGS, you could buy everything from it from within H3.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Either Hitman 2 comes out on Epic, or you would need Hitman 1 on Steam as well, import that to H2 Steam, and then both to H3 Epic.

We don't know the detailed process yet (probably automatic with the IOI account), but the idea they've said is that:
- Hitman 1 Steam -> Hitman 2 Steam
- Hitman 2 Steam (with the H1 content) -> Hitman 3 Epic

Sadly, there´s no Hitman 1 Epic -> Hitman 2 Steam
Damn you were fast enough to catch my accidentally sent attempt of my post.

I see. So say if I didn't get H2, there's no way for me to play H1 in H3 either? Meaning that the imports are stacked?
I feel super dumb, seems like IOI needs an FAQ of sorts for this.

more details on Steam -> EGS

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Damn you were fast enough to catch my accidentally sent attempt of my post.

I see. So say if I didn't get H2, there's no way for me to play H1 in H3 either? Meaning that the imports are stacked?
I feel super dumb, seems like IOI needs an FAQ of sorts for this.
This is what we know (a summary of what IOI has said):

Will I be able to carry over my progression and locations from HITMAN 2 or 2016?

• Progress carryover works for both physical and digital versions of the game, as long as you own the game and have played it.
  • You will be able to carry over progression only from HITMAN 2 (base game + DLC + Legacy). But you will be able to carry over locations from both HITMAN 2016 and HITMAN 2. (Progression carryover is optional.)
  • !! STEAM TO EPIC GAMES PROGRESS TRANSFER WILL BE POSSIBLE !! (THE SPECIFICS ARE NOT KNOWN YET. THIS THREAD WILL BE UPDATED ONCE WE KNOW SPECIFICALLY HOW THE PROGRESS TRANSFER WILL WORK.) Cross-platform progression carryover details not known at the moment. Epic Games Store to Steam progression carryover details not known at the moment.
  • People who do not already own HITMAN 2016 and/or HITMAN 2 will be able to buy the levels through HITMAN 3. So don't worry if you don't own the past 2 games.
So you can transfer H1 levels directly, but not the progression you made in that game. Progression can only be carried on from H2.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
For whatever reason, Hitman Gold Edition shows as "Not available for purchase" when I'm logged out. When I log in, the page / icon don't even seem to load?

I wonder if this has anything to do with PS+

Although, I only need Hitman 2 Gold Edition to get all the levels from 1 & 2? (and eventually play them with the enhancements / PSVR via 3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.