• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Curious how this will look. Will I be able to load up a menu where I can select campaigns from Hitman 1, 2 and 3 and play in order with story and cutscenes?

Assuming it works like the implementation of H1 into H2, yes indeed that is how it will work. It shows the missions in order with the cutscenes between them and you can choose the 'campaigns' of each as well.

Wavves

Oct 27, 2017
Since H3 will be 60fps on PS5 does that mean that H1 & H2 will be 60fps within H3 since they're playable in H3 if you own them? They're both 30Fps right now on last gen.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Own everything apart from the GOTY upgrade for 1.. Worth it for £3.99?

Since H3 will be 60fps on PS5 does that mean that H1 & H2 will be 60fps within H3 since they're playable in H3 if you own them? They're both 30Fps right now on last gen.
Yes. They're not just playable as they were at launch, they will have the engine and gameplay upgrades made to 3.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Most definitely for me at least :)

99iwqDT.jpg
How did you get the price that low?

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I wish Hitman 2 Gold was on sale on Xbox, I'd pick up 3 at launch if it was, then I'd have the whole lot.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Curious how this will look. Will I be able to load up a menu where I can select campaigns from Hitman 1, 2 and 3 and play in order with story and cutscenes?
Yes. All of your available missions will be on the same menu, allowing you to play them in one continuous campaign.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought I had messed up by preordering the PS5 version because I hadn't heard this, but it looks like things have changed for the better - via PSBlog:

Oh excellent. This is definitely a change from when it was first announced. I already preordered the Ps4 version, but it shouldn't matter now either way. Thanks for finding that and sharing it.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
I have an extra key for Hitman 2016 GOTY. might as well post it itt, enjoy!
YVD8I-5A80K-QWG8L

Maxflier

Nov 22, 2017
Louisiana
The full list of content packs from the first two games is this:
  • Hitman
  • Hitman GOTY content
  • Hitman 2
  • Hitman 2 Expansion 1
  • Hitman 2 Expansion 2
To get all of the content, you need to buy Hitman GOTY Edition and Hitman 2 Gold Edition - these will get you all of the content in the respective games.

I only see one expansion pass for Hitman 2 on PSN.

Mik3F

Oct 28, 2017
I bought Hitman 2 Gold last night, whats' the cheapest method to get the Hitman 1 levels into the game, on PS btw

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I own hitman 2 and want the original game's content before 3 comes out, but it's nearly $60 for me.

Why is it so expensive?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Bagged Hitman 1 GOTY & Hitman 2 base edition at retail for £9 each on Xbox. Will grab a code for the expansion pass for 2 for a small sum then should have everything ready for 3 on Series X.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how the import process will happen. If the third was on Steam I would probably re-buy it there so it can be smooth. I have the first on Epic and the second on Steam lol

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
I got all content from Hitman 1 & 2 installed on my PS5 and it takes up 70GB. Keep in mind that once you have the legacy pack installed into Hitman 2, you don't need to keep Hitman 1 files.

Oh neat, thanks. So basically delete the levels listed from the first game in the system settings?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I got all content from Hitman 1 & 2 installed on my PS5 and it takes up 70GB. Keep in mind that once you have the legacy pack installed into Hitman 2, you don't need to keep Hitman 1 files.
If you've booted Hitman 2 and been granted to all of the legacy maps, you are good to go

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Isn't there like a discounted "catch up pack" that just includes everything so far at discount?

The store gives me no indication of what I'm looking at or trying to buy. I have no idea what the difference between all these different SKUs is.

I feel like at any time I could be buying and rebuying the same stuff over and over. Maybe that was what Sony was going for?
This.

I have seen these on sale several times, but it's just sooo confusing that I always end up not buying anything.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is the point of Hitman to just play it as a murder sim and try and get all the challenges? That's how I am going about it but I am only doing the first, tutorial mission on Hitman 2.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Bagged Hitman 1 GOTY & Hitman 2 base edition at retail for £9 each on Xbox. Will grab a code for the expansion pass for 2 for a small sum then should have everything ready for 3 on Series X.

Sorry, does this work? You can buy them retail and still be able to import them into Hitman 3? I'm finding myself frustrated with the lack of some of these sales on Xbox (especially for 2016), but would totally buy Hitman 1 at retail if it would work.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I feel like this is all I post these days...when will we know the difference between standard and deluxe escalations?

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing a Hitman level a few times before planning a silent assassin, suit-only run and actually executing it (with the help of liberal saving and loading of course) is one of the most satisfying things in gaming. Get the games everyone!

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Was there a glitch on xbox for these games? Both are in my library. I downloaded Hitman 2 and was able to load campaign missions for the first and second game.

Scratch the second game, I only have the first mission which is free. I somehow have all the legacy stuff for the first game though. Definitely didn't buy it.

Last edited:

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I'm confused with the Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy pack on the Xbox.

Buy HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack | Xbox

This is the full Legacy Pack, which includes all remastered locations and missions from Season 1 and The Game of The Year Upgrade. The bundle includes: - All content from Season 1 - The Patient Zero Bonus campaign - 3 Themed Escalation Contracts - 3 extra Outfits - 3 extra Weapons

Does this also have all of the Hitman 1 content that can get imported into 2 and 3........or do you need the Gold Edition?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am enjoying the loop of Hitman - I wanna grab them all, but partly am afraid of getting burnt out, lol.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused with the Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy pack on the Xbox.

Buy HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack | Xbox

This is the full Legacy Pack, which includes all remastered locations and missions from Season 1 and The Game of The Year Upgrade. The bundle includes: - All content from Season 1 - The Patient Zero Bonus campaign - 3 Themed Escalation Contracts - 3 extra Outfits - 3 extra Weapons

Does this also have all of the Hitman 1 content that can get imported into 2 and 3........or do you need the Gold Edition?
Yes, This is the unlock key for all of the content from Hitman 1.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I am interested but eh, do I need PS Plus for the Hitman 2 Gold deal? Do I need to buy Hitman 3 to get the best working version of the earlier 2 games on my PS5?
I used to love the old games but I havent played any of these newer ones yet.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I am enjoying the loop of Hitman - I wanna grab them all, but partly am afraid of getting burnt out, lol.
I think that's a reasonable assumption. Although I might be biased because I have a personal philosophy about not overdoing the same thing over and over for fear of souring myself on something. I think it all depends on your willingness to experiment. I didn't realize about half the options available to the player until I watched speedruns.

A Protip: sounding the alarm yourself can have unexpected benefits, as long you're willing to adapt your plan on the fly.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Sorry, does this work? You can buy them retail and still be able to import them into Hitman 3? I'm finding myself frustrated with the lack of some of these sales on Xbox (especially for 2016), but would totally buy Hitman 1 at retail if it would work.
It did for Hitman 2 so I'm assuming they'll do the same again - it would be abit nasty to screw over disc owners. You can find the original Hitman 2 FAQ here - https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/.

Afaik they haven't detailed the process for 3 yet but it should be similar.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is all I post these days...when will we know the difference between standard and deluxe escalations?
I assume they'll just be escalations you get in advance, say 3-6 months exclusive to the premium version?
My preferred way of playing is just getting maxed out mastery on a level then moving on to the next one.
Once you've done all levels you can fill out challenges if you feel like it.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I hate that some games when you own the base game but later the Gold edition(complete) is cheaper than buying the expansion.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Already double dipped on everything in an Xbox sale about a month ago (I already had the games on PS4). I'm all set.

There's not a lot else out this month, I hope the release window for 3 finally gets this series the sales it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.