• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you can import your Steam releases into the EGS release

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
details on content and importing
Oct 25, 2017
The full list of content packs from the first two games is this:
  • Hitman
  • Hitman GOTY content
  • Hitman 2
  • Hitman 2 Expansion 1
  • Hitman 2 Expansion 2
To get all of the content, you need to buy Hitman GOTY Edition and Hitman 2 Gold Edition - these will get you all of the content in the respective games.

If you are on console, you must install Hitman 1 and redeem the "Legacy Pack" through the game's menu, which is the DLC that will let you play the levels inside Hitman 2. You will likely have to do the same to Hitman 2 as well when Hitman 3 is released.

If you are on PC, you do not need to do anything other than own the games. If you're going from Steam to Epic for Hitman 3, you need to connect your Steam and Epic accounts on IO's website but there's no need to ever install Hitman 1.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Also - you can play the first level of HITMAN 2 for free on Xbox - could be available elsewhere as well.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What does "importing" mean? That I can play the full games using Hitman 3's nextgen graphics?
Correct. When Hitman 2 was released, players could import all the levels of 1 into it, meaning that they could be played as Hitman 2 levels, complete with integrated progression between the two sets of levels (meaning that you could use the equipment from the Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 levels). Moreover, the upgraded H1 levels were actually redone in some ways, such as more objects to make the levels feel more full and alive.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible. Makes buying on the Epic Store go down easier
Most definitely for me at least :)

99iwqDT.jpg

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Ah, they've made it confusing again I see.

These games are good. You can pick up a shoe and throw it at someone's head as a valid strategy, perhaps THE valid strategy.

And we all know that people don't kill people, guns don't kill people, but throwing your gun at people kills people

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Correct. When Hitman 2 was released, players could import all the levels of 1 into it, meaning that they could be played as Hitman 2 levels, complete with integrated progression between the two sets of levels (meaning that you could use the equipment from the Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 levels). Moreover, the upgraded H1 levels were actually redone in some ways, such as more objects to make the levels feel more full and alive.
Does this include whatever constitutes the "campaign"? Like cutscenes and the like? Or are they just sandboxes for replayability? Basically, can I delete and forget I own Hitman 1 and 2 after importing? Assuming it works to same as it did from 1 -> 2.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does this include whatever constitutes the "campaign"? Like cutscenes and the like? Or are they just sandboxes for replayability? Basically, can I delete and forget I own Hitman 1 and 2 after importing? Assuming it works to same as it did from 1 -> 2.
Campaigns, cutscenes, everything. You are essentially playing the previous games inside the upgraded engine of the latest game. So after importing, yes, you can delete the previous games from your drive.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I just purchased Hitman 2 and it looks fantastic on Series X. Miami level is tougher than the first mission. Any tips or videos I should watch to get better?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Probably will wait for the Steam version, since H3 will be the one that I end up playing 10 years from now when I want to replay the whole trilogy for the 4th time and I'm not sure what EGS will look like at that point.
These games will likely have mods that deshackle them from their installer clients by that point anyway, so it probably won't matter which launcher you buy it from.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So if I buy the two complete versions I'll be able to play them with the hitman 3 engine?
A bit confused there.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Can't believe all this is getting upgraded again with further Glacier refinements with Hitman 3. IO is going a step above the competition here.

On top of that, they're fantastic games that I would recommend everyone try.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just purchased Hitman 2 and it looks fantastic on Series X. Miami level is tougher than the first mission. Any tips or videos I should watch to get better?
The only tip that comes to mind right now would be to follow the opportunities (or "stories" I think they are now called). They will lead you around to various ways to kill your targets.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Do things like level progress and missions, etc carry over to Hitman 3 if I started playing these now and got 3 later? Or do I just wait and play them all as one big bundle when 3 comes out?

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
So wait, if I buy Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold on PS4, I'll get those locations in Hitman 3 on PS5? I mean I guess so, since Hitman 1 and 2 are not on PS5, right?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good thread, which I fully endorse, because regardless of your platform:
a. These are great fucking games in their own right
b. Importing into Hitman 3 is gonna be so great

Your drive will probably cry a bit though, but it's okay.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The steam sales ended
It's on sale on CDKeys. I added it to the OP.

Is Hitman 2 Gold worth the extra $ on PS?
Yes, as it comes with the two DLC levels.

So if I buy the two complete versions I'll be able to play them with the hitman 3 engine?
A bit confused there.
Correct. You will also be able to use the equipment that you unlock in one game in the other games. :)

Do things like level progress and missions, etc carry over to Hitman 3 if I started playing these now and got 3 later? Or do I just wait and play them all as one big bundle when 3 comes out?
Your progress carries over into Hitman 3, yes.

So wait, if I buy Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold on PS4, I'll get those locations in Hitman 3 on PS5? I mean I guess so, since Hitman 1 and 2 are not on PS5, right?
Correct. You will be able to import your PS4 progress into Hitman 3 on PS5.

Do unlocks carry over to Hitman 3?
Yes they do. :)

Beastlove

Nov 1, 2017
I've bought hitman and hitman 2 digital at launch but always been surprised how quickly it drops in price. Wondering if I should wait for a few months and play something else for now.

Much preferred the delivery method of hitman one with its time episodes

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I've bought hitman and hitman 2 digital at launch but always been surprised how quickly it drops in price. Wondering if I should wait for a few months and play something else for now.

Much preferred the delivery method of hitman one with its time episodes
Yeah, I think a year later and I was able to get HM2 Gold for half the price of the original at launch.

Sadly (or not), I just replayed 1 and 2 over Christmas so am pretty hyped, gonna take some willpower to wait that long this time!

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Bought both hitman goty and hitman 2 gold for £15.98 from cdkeys. Thanks for reminding me about the hitman 3 imports OP.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Two of the best games from last gen. Just an absolutely ridiculous amount of content if you grab the complete editions of Season 1 and 2.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It sucks that the Gold Edition discount is no longer avaliable on Xbox. On the previous sale it was avaliable at a discount while the regular version was at full price. Now the regular version is with a discount while the gold version is at full price

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I've clearly been converted since not really liking how Absolution played.

I finished up the last few missions of 2 in anticipation for 3 over my (just ended) holiday break. I'm planning to replay a bunch of them when 3 arrives to try out some of the alternate paths/stories but to be honest, I haven't been closely following the overarching story.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question - I have Hitman 2 on Steam, but not the DLC. Do I need all of the content to be able to import to 3, or can I just import the base content?

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Apparently I own:
HITMAN
HITMAN - Episode 3: Marrakesh
HITMAN - Episode 4: Bangkok
HITMAN - Episode 5: Colorado
HITMAN - Episode 6: Hokkaido
HITMAN - Summer Bonus Episode
HITMAN Paris
HITMAN Sapienza

I assume I just "need" the GOTY Upgrade, if i wanted to "complete" it?

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna get the 2016 GOTY edition, I finished HITMAN 2 recently and still wanna do other challenges and mess around the maps but maybe I should save them for 3.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just release DLCs for 3 that unlocks the levels from 1 and 2, whyyy this way of buying the GOTY versions of previous versions and stuff when people aren't gonna play them?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Why not just release DLCs for 3 that unlocks the levels from 1 and 2, whyyy this way of buying the GOTY versions of previous versions and stuff when people aren't gonna play them?
There will be I'm sure

it was called the legacy pack first time round.
But ultimately does it make any difference if the outcome is the same?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently I own:
HITMAN
HITMAN - Episode 3: Marrakesh
HITMAN - Episode 4: Bangkok
HITMAN - Episode 5: Colorado
HITMAN - Episode 6: Hokkaido
HITMAN - Summer Bonus Episode
HITMAN Paris
HITMAN Sapienza

I assume I just "need" the GOTY Upgrade, if i wanted to "complete" it?
Yeah that would get you the Patient Zero campaign and some other bits and pieces

Apr 24, 2018
Every time I think about trying these games, the convoluted way they released these games just irks me. Last I checked I *think* I somehow have all of the Hitman 1 levels imported into a trial version of Hitman 2 containing one stage (a demo/trial version?).

I think buying the GotY version of 1 and gold version of 2 is likely the best way to go at this point, but I just may wait for what I presume will be an inevitable bundle of all three games after Hitman 3 releases.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I bought the gold edition when it was on sale for $15 on Xbox. Still unsure if that was a mistake or not, but I'm excited to play more as I had a lot of fun with the 1st game.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I had a hard time grasping and/or accepting that I could/should replay the tutorial yacht mission over and over in Hitman 1, did I misunderstand the game or something? I want to want to play them so to speak, but this feels like a major roadbump for me for some reason. I liked the original Hitman 2 back in the day and some of the sequels but could never get into this new series.

Please eli5 how and why to play these games :/ (I love stealth games and am working on one so it really should be a no-brainer, and yet...)

Status
Not open for further replies.