• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Are any of the settings broken?
My FPS ranges from 70 all the way to the full 141... i7 8700K with a GTX 1080 Ti and 16GB DDR4 3200.
Hitman 1 rangers were 115-141, this is pretty bad. And there's some stutters when walking around new areas, I'm guessing it's the loading. This was not present in the first game...

the game is very cpu limited. lowering the lod settings is all you can do

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the settings broken?
My FPS ranges from 70 all the way to the full 141... i7 8700K with a GTX 1080 Ti and 16GB DDR4 3200.
Hitman 1 rangers were 115-141, this is pretty bad. And there's some stutters when walking around new areas, I'm guessing it's the loading. This was not present in the first game...

Could try dropping the screen space reflections a bit lower -- a new feature in this one. They do a number on my frame rate. But I have a less capable system so YMMV

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So I upgraded from my i5 7400 to an i7 7770. Using a 1070 TI, I can play with everything on high (not ultra) and maintain a constant 60 fps at 1080p. However, in Mumbai I needed to drop Level of Detail down to medium to maintain a solid 60fps.

It's crazy how taxing this game is.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
So I upgraded from my i5 7400 to an i7 7770. Using a 1070 TI, I can play with everything on high (not ultra) and maintain a constant 60 fps at 1080p. However, in Mumbai I needed to drop Level of Detail down to medium to maintain a solid 60fps.

It's crazy how taxing this game is.

How much frame drops are you talking about?

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I was all ready to move this over to my SSD when I saw that it's just over 100GB with all the extra maps downloaded! Is there a major difference to load times or auto save stuttering on an SSD compared to HDD?

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I'm getting crashes to desktop

Got a BSOD yesterday too

Someone on my Steam friends list just said something similar; turns out there's a bug in the game that overwhelmingly crashes RTX cards in particular. Nvidia did have it listed as a known issue for a while but removed it after a driver developer reproduced it on an AMD GPU. An IO rep has said more than once that QA is aware of the problem, though, so hopefully it'll be addressed with a future patch.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I was all ready to move this over to my SSD when I saw that it's just over 100GB with all the extra maps downloaded! Is there a major difference to load times or auto save stuttering on an SSD compared to HDD?
Not sure about the difference, but stutters are very evident on ssd. Especially if you are accustomed to smooth frametimes.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-march-update/ said:
PC-Specific Improvements

DX 12
We've enabled DX 12 support for all PC players using AMD and Intel DX12 GPUs and on NVIDIA GeForce 900 series or better. This option can be toggled in the Launcher.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
  • There are two known issues that can occur when using DX12:
    • The game can crash when loading the Colorado or Sapienza missions with 4K and HDR enabled. (20% repro rate)
    • The game can crash when using Alt-Tab with HDR enabled. (30%repro rate)
    • Fixes for both of these issues are in the works.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this line of thinking - DX12 has drastically improved a number of games for me since I got a 2060 the other week - Hoping this makes a difference in Hitman

One way of thinking of it is that the world would be better of with a Vulkan renderer, since that'd make the game easier to run on other platforms while DX12 is simply reinforcing the Windows hegemony. In that way, yes fuck DX12.

That said, there's no getting away from DX12 on Windows since new H/W features are going to be tied to it.

I had a very good experience with the DX12 renderer on Hitman 2016. Would be interesting to know what happend.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 is basically the only game on my new PC that routinely crashes for no apparent reason.

It happens very often in that Isle of Sagil level. No error message, the game just shuts down and I'm back in Windows. Sucks.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

Thank god, now I can actually buy the game. The legacy maps ran so poorly on my 480 with DX11, I didn't dare buy the full package, whereas the original ran well for me on DX12.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Results from built-in benchmark on my system (6850K + RTX2080), GPU scores:

https:///Grnd.png

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I ran the benches last night - went from 48 average on DX11 (with some settings turned down) to a near-locked 60 on DX12 (everything maxed).

Ryzen 1700 @3.9GHz, RTX 2080 @1900MHz

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had twice as high framerate in Hitman 1 DX12 compared to DX11, like 115 compared to 60. Hopefully DX12 improves perf similarly in second game.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Looking at that video, DX12 is pretty significant in some spots and zero difference in others. I suppose I need to do my own quick tests.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe i'm mistaken but I thought DX12 was supposed to possibly help people who are CPU bound versus DX11?

Is that not the case?

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I'm getting quite an amount of stuttering in some areas. Now specifically in Whittleton Creek. I'm playing in DX12. Should I try running in DX11?

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
I'm bumping this old thread, hoping someone can help me about an issue I am experiencing with this game. It's a really strange one to be honest.

Before I go on explaining my issue, I just want to express my huge satisfaction with this game. To me, it's perhaps the most impressive game that came out this gen. All the physics / AI simulation, coupled with those sweet graphics make for an awesome experience. I just enjoy vagabonding around the maps and look at all the little details. Fantastic experience. I'm a bit pissed I didn't play this game earlier, especially since I've always been very fond of games such as Splinter Cell and the likes. I've played Hitman codename 47 Hitman 2 and Contracts back in the days, but I missed on Blood Money and the rest (though I understand Absolution isn't very good). Still, glad I finally decided to purchase the gold edition, along the GOTY edition of 2016 to play all the maps.

That said, here goes...

Hitman 2 framerate stutters like crazy when I am hitting what appears to be a capped framerate of around 100-105fps. I suspect my cpu is the main bottleneck here, regarding this capped framerate, and everything seems to point in that direction, but I'm just not sure that really is the case since I have additional weird behavior related to this.

Basically, the game is capped at around 100-105fps, no matter the settings I am using. I have a 1080p screen, so I'm running the game at 1920x1080 obviously. It doesn't matter if I run the game at 720p and if I lower every setting to low; it will still cap at around 100-105fps. Feels like a cpu bottleneck at that point, right?

We know Hitman 2 is a game that stresses the cpu a lot. It has cloth physics, multiple AI, etc. This leads me to believe that the fps should fluctuate at some point, when the AI and the physics simulation are more stressed out. Well, the thing is that even at max settings/1080p, the game will stick to 100-105fps like a fucking magnet. It just won't drop below it at any point. No matter the simulation, no matter the amount of NPC, it sticks to its maximum fps output like it doesn't know that lower values exist.

So far, that's weird, but hey, it kind of means that I am guaranteed to have a great experience, right? Not so much unfortunately. The thing is that the game stutters like crazy at that framerate. It may be running at 100-105 fps, but it's feels like it's running at 27-28 fps, sometimes a bit above it. This feels like some seriously bad frame pacing.

What's really weird is that if I use the supersampling option and crank it up to let's say, 1.5x (2880x1620) then the framerate starts to drop below the maximum fps output and go anywhere between 70-95fps. This isn't the really weird part. The really weird part is that at that point, it now feels butter smooth. No more stutter, no more bad frame pacing. I'm gaming on a 240hz display, so this is why 80+ fps, even though it isn't G-Synced, still feels really smooth.

So if I hit the 100fps threshold, it stutters, and if I run the game below it, it runs like butter.

Another thing: The V-Sync option in this game simply does not work for me. No matter I enable or disable it, no matter I choose option 1 or 2, the game will always try to output as much fps as it can.

The game has the same behavior in DX11 or DX12; it doesn't matter. Same goes for windowed/fullscreen/exclusive fullscreen options.

Specs:

Laptop: ASUS Zephyrus S GX531GX
Display: 1080p 15.4 inches 240hz display (no G-sync)
RAM: 16gb DDR4 2666mhz
CPU: i7 9750H 6 cores 12 threads
GPU: RTX 2080 max-Q 90w version 8gb RAM
SSD: 1TB NVME

The cpu is undervolted so the temps are fantastic and it can maintain its 4.0GHZ all cores clock. The gpu is overclocked (core is autoOC by afterburner, memory is running at 13.4ghz instead of 12ghz; I've tried disabling the overclock and it didn't change a thing).

Dec 1, 2017
So if I hit the 100fps threshold, it stutters, and if I run the game below it, it runs like butter.
If you have MSI Afterburner, then you have RivaTuner Statistics Server (RTSS) which has a pretty good framerate limiter. You have to start it up manually and fiddle with the settings. If you're saying it feels good at ~90FPS, then limit the framerate to just that. See Battle(non)sense's channel for info on framerate limiting, input lag, and other fun stuff.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
If you have MSI Afterburner, then you have RivaTuner Statistics Server (RTSS) which has a pretty good framerate limiter. You have to start it up manually and fiddle with the settings. If you're saying it feels good at ~90FPS, then limit the framerate to just that. See Battle(non)sense's channel for info on framerate limiting, input lag, and other fun stuff.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this, though I must admit am well aware of Rivatuner and its abilities to limit the framerate output. In fact, I've settled for max settings, supersampling at 1.4x and a fps cap of 98 so it stays buttersmooth at all time. To be honest, I posted this in the hope that someone who either experienced or heard about this issue could explain to me why the V-sync in-game is not enforced and why the fps cap is stuck at 100-105fps at all time.