• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks. It is working.

So question about Let no joyful voice be heard (Sapienza) achievement. I had to lookup this one because there is no way I would figure it out.
How did you do figure it out? Did I miss some hint on the map like a document or a conversation? Or is it related to some previous Hitman games?
The achievement on steam is called release the kraken iirc, or that's its subtext. So naturally you scope out the sea, and find the boat with bells.

Some secret challenges are much worse, like the golfer thing in bangkok, or tupence in bangkok too

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New contest, this time there's a speedrun and a creative contest too. The contract for the speedrun seems fun (mumbai, different kills as kashmirian)

edit: placed 31st. First score so far is 58, sounds like bullshit. Just getting the outfit is like 20 seconds

Last edited:

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Are there no solid anti-aliasing options? The jaggies in motion just look really bad for me.

I can't find any settings that mirror FXAA like 2016/Season 1, which worked well for my setup.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There's a thread about it but the new bank map, along with two bonus missions, are coming June 25th

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
The elusive target that was supposed to be coming out this week has been pushed a week but we got the muffin man challenge pack today with unlockable muffins which are way more useful than you'd think.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
With the new elusive target, even though I did it the first time, does completing it this time count as another completion (say towards one of the suit unlocks that I've missed out on cos I missed an earlier ET?)

I'm talking about Sean Bean btw

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
jFyyB5g.jpg

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
So is The Bank purchasable as a single piece of content or would I need to buy the entire expansion pass?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if an option would be to frame the target and get them sent to prison for good, or have them get caught in crossfire from a police shoot out or something.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up lately, so correct me if I'm wrong here.

The current plan for Hitman 2 is two additional maps through the Expansion Pass right? They haven't announced further plans I assume?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who fell off this game hard around the mission in Connecticut or wherever it was, has there ever been any talk of being able to import your H1 progress into H2? I think that was a big psychological thing for me, seeing all those locations and maps with no progress after a couple hundred hours with them in the previous game.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who fell off this game hard around the mission in Connecticut or wherever it was, has there ever been any talk of being able to import your H1 progress into H2? I think that was a big psychological thing for me, seeing all those locations and maps with no progress after a couple hundred hours with them in the previous game.

No, it isn't going to happen at this point.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Haven't really kept up with too much about the game, but saw the DLC is coming this month and the expansion pass is on sale during Days of Play, so I'm thinking about jumping back in.
The most frustrating part is we know it's possible, they just haven't enabled it for whatever reason: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/ad20jo/its_actually_possible_to_import_s1_progress/

Maybe if we keep badgering IOI they'll eventually relent. They had the Ghost Mode challenges count towards Miami completion for months, triggering the OCD of completionists everywhere, before they finally shunted them off to a separate category.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Once again it'd be extra awesome if you could just cheat all the equipment unlocked in a snap if you wanted. But noooo L E A D E R B O A R D S and the game is a L I V E - S E R V I C E and ghost mode I guess. No fun allowed unless you want to grind your ass off or cheat in a very tedious manner.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
That's an interesting workaround on PC, probably because the save format is the same. But I'm not sure it would be possible on console since you generally can't read save data off other games.
I thought about that, but then I realized all of our online saves are stored on their servers. In fact, there are actually two unlocks that do carry over into Hitman 2: the ICA Outstanding Performance Coin and the Black Winter Suit. Both were rewards for doing Elusive Targets in Hitman 1.

The only thing I can think of is that they were worried about game balance, as having some of the legacy items unlocked from the start would trivialize the difficulty of Hitman 2. I suppose there's also the issue of them adding a new, third difficulty.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Let's just say SA rankings are fucked right now lol

If civilians get KO'd, you can get kills and found bodies won't count for each KO'd civilian (so he KOs 2 guys in the kitchen then kills both targets in daylight and they don't count as found or noticed)

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey so finally got to hop on this since it was on sale and just finished my first pass at all the missions today. And I gotta say, I'm not entirely vibing well with the locales here compared to the previous game for some reason. They're undoubtedly filled with a lot more detail and polish... but I also think they're either too complex/overwhelming or strangely too straightforward to feel at home with. I also haven't really pinned down any equivalent to Sapienza which really did feel like it's got more soul to its simplicity relative to the newer maps here. I will say that Mumbai and Miami are almost on par though.

Luckily though, the game is still great otherwise and it was especially fun because I managed to bring a lot from my playstyle with the 2016 game. So who knows, maybe I'll warm up to them more -- I think it's a matter of discovering more secrets and other cool things. It's too bad I already deleted the previous game from my PS4 though -- not sure if I feel like going through the entire hassle of getting the Legacy mission pack.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
How much days are left for the ET? Haven't had the chance to do it yet due to work and E3.

It's too bad I already deleted the previous game from my PS4 though -- not sure if I feel like going through the entire hassle of getting the Legacy mission pack.
Do it. It's worth it. Owning those maps and being able to play them adds a lot of stuff (weapons etc) to Hitman 2. And of course you can play through all the Hitman (2016) levels again with the new additions, like working mirrors and grass to hide in. They are rotating in old Elusive Targets on Hitman (2016) maps as well.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
So Ive been getting back into this game over the last few days (still havent completed all the "story" missions, contracts gets too distracting!). Is Patient Zero or the season pass worth the money so far? I know they havent released any of the larger maps for the pass yet (the bank) but do you get any disguises or anything else with the pass?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
So Ive been getting back into this game over the last few days (still havent completed all the "story" missions, contracts gets too distracting!). Is Patient Zero or the season pass worth the money so far? I know they havent released any of the larger maps for the pass yet (the bank) but do you get any disguises or anything else with the pass?

The Patient Zero campaign is pretty good but don't expect a lot of content since it's only 4 levels and only 2 of them are traditional Hitman levels.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017

Patient Zero is worth it just for the last mission alone, I think. It has a very interesting mechanic related to its objective.

Season pass is a wait and see, as most of its content isn't in the game yet. Ask again at the end of the month when the first three proper bonus missions have arrived.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of disappointing that the 2 new missions won't allow contracts to be made on them, that leads me to believe they won't be as unique as the extra missions for Hitman 1.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting the new sniper map so soon as well. Busy couple of months for the game.

And the floating tree on Himmelstein finally got fixed as well.