• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost mode is such garbage. What were they thinking making it 5 targets? And then the Phantom Suit takes 100 targets, wtf. One of the spawn points in Miami is bugged as well. I ended up getting stuck upon respawning.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Rules
We've fixed a typographic error in the Ghost Mode Rules where we mistakenly wrote 'loose' instead of 'lose'. Thanks to the hundreds of players that have told us about this error, we won't make it again.

Ghost SFX
We've added new sound effects to the Ghost Mode results screen, depending on whether you win or loose.

So obvious, but I still laughed.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017

e9cbdd8cea03d8dffa5d47ef8dc1b988a3e1578f_2_690x388.png

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Cant watch the video at work...but is that the same Sean Bean mission or a new one? The reward is different

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Hmmm, If Sean Bean mission is the same mission, then there hasn't been a H2 elusive since the NZ one at the beginning of March (which was supposed to be February). H2 elusives started one a month in Nov/Dec/January/Feb-delayed, which was fine at 1/month for hopefully 2 years and about 24 new targets. But then nothing for a couple months and if this is the same mission that's another month with no new elusive content. Hopefully this Sean Bean mission is entirely new.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
hey does that expert poster here not play Hitman much recently, the guy who posted a lot of his videos doing crazy stuff and speedruns?

can't remember his name, Bernard something? is he taking a break from Hitman?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
At least we'll be getting the lil flashy robot which the speedrunners say was actually the best item of the 3 we could vote for. We were blinded by the explosive pen but it doesn't have much practical value.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
If it's the same elusive target, we will be five months into the year with only 2 new elusive targets.

Waypoint will start playing Hitman 2 on stream for the Trans Lifeline charity stream very, very soon.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Another 30 minutes or so away, actually, due to needing to download Miami.

But I'm also watching and looking forward to them playing it, haha.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but how is the season pass/gold edition of this game? Is it worth $25 extra compared to the base game? I'm having a hard time deciphering what is paid content and what is just free updates with their new model. I'm mostly about experimenting in Hitman games. I can play the same mission over and over again without getting bored. But I do love the sniper game mode and the gold edition does say that it comes with additional sniper maps... I'm just wondering if the season pass is mostly just special missions and weapons/outfits or if there's some more substantial stuff.

I've been playing the legacy missions through Hitman 2's "launcher" on PS4 but unfortunately you need Hitman 2 to unlock things you had in the original game like the sniper rifle. So I'm definitely getting the base game but I'm just curious about the Gold edition.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
So I'm definitely getting the base game but I'm just curious about the Gold edition.

Gold edition is the full season pass, which basically means some exclusive item kits (effectively skins) two new Sniper Maps (one being Hantu Port, the other not released yet) and the two new main gameplay levels (neither of which has released yet)

Silver by comparison is like 1/2 of the season pass, with Hantu and one gameplay level.

If you love Hitman 2, you may as well pay for the season pass discount (gold) but you could also just wait for all of the content to release.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but how is the season pass/gold edition of this game? Is it worth $25 extra compared to the base game? I'm having a hard time deciphering what is paid content and what is just free updates with their new model. I'm mostly about experimenting in Hitman games. I can play the same mission over and over again without getting bored. But I do love the sniper game mode and the gold edition does say that it comes with additional sniper maps... I'm just wondering if the season pass is mostly just special missions and weapons/outfits or if there's some more substantial stuff.

I've been playing the legacy missions through Hitman 2's "launcher" on PS4 but unfortunately you need Hitman 2 to unlock things you had in the original game like the sniper rifle. So I'm definitely getting the base game but I'm just curious about the Gold edition.
It basically adds 2 new maps and 2 sniper maps (among some minor stuff Crazymoogle already mentioned). The base game has 5 maps and 1 small one, and 1 sniper map. So it's up to you if that's worth the extra money.

I think the Gold edition usually is $40 more than the base game, which I'd say is way too expensive for what you get. Especially if you don't really care for sniper maps like I do. $25 seems fair. That's around $10 per map and $5 for the extra skins and the sniper maps etc.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Gold edition also comes with the "Special Assignments", which will probably be like the bonus missions in the first game.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
No idea if y'all got the new Columbia suit, but for those interested, anybody wanna team up and help each other unlock it? Apparently you have to kill 100 targets in Ghost Mode for it, so this seems like it would be hard to do with strangers, as I doubt casual players are touching this mode.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
We need a way to replay Elusive Targets. I like to speedrun these things, but once I finished them they're gone forever. I'm fine with not getting any rewards or anything, just let us replay the damn things.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Gold edition is the full season pass, which basically means some exclusive item kits (effectively skins) two new Sniper Maps (one being Hantu Port, the other not released yet) and the two new main gameplay levels (neither of which has released yet)

Silver by comparison is like 1/2 of the season pass, with Hantu and one gameplay level.

If you love Hitman 2, you may as well pay for the season pass discount (gold) but you could also just wait for all of the content to release.
It basically adds 2 new maps and 2 sniper maps (among some minor stuff Crazymoogle already mentioned). The base game has 5 maps and 1 small one, and 1 sniper map. So it's up to you if that's worth the extra money.

I think the Gold edition usually is $40 more than the base game, which I'd say is way too expensive for what you get. Especially if you don't really care for sniper maps like I do. $25 seems fair. That's around $10 per map and $5 for the extra skins and the sniper maps etc.

Thanks for the info! I went with the Gold edition. The season pass is not on sale by itself and $25 seems pretty fair for the extra maps considering how much replayability those can add to a Hitman game.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
So I love how Faba had an eyepatch to represent his previous "death". But sadly lost my SA directly due to the UI. Classic "on the last frame, was in reach of two triangle actions" and the game triggered the one farthest away (Open Door). Sigh

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
It's the same elusive target though, apart from the eyepatch?

Yes, but with some different placements of items. Scripting is 95% the same, but it's an interesting wink in that usually you can't play an ET twice, whereas this one directly allows you to. And you get the robot just for playing.

I do wish they had done a new setup but I guess they couldn't get Bean back for even more VO...

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but with some different placements of items. Scripting is 95% the same, but it's an interesting wink in that usually you can't play an ET twice, whereas this one directly allows you to. And you get the robot just for playing.

I do wish they had done a new setup but I guess they couldn't get Bean back for even more VO...
Thank you.

The lack of new elusive targets seems to be bad news for the likelihood of future Hitman games being made.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Thank you.

The lack of new elusive targets seems to be bad news for the likelihood of future Hitman games being made.

Why? It takes time and money to make them, and rather than see another studio crunch article, I'm happy they are working on core content as well as (I suspect) the next game.

Believe it or not they actually expanded with a new studio recently, too.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Why? It takes time and money to make them, and rather than see another studio crunch article, I'm happy they are working on core content as well as (I suspect) the next game.

I didn't know they expanded recently and it's good that I was wrong. I assumed that the lower number of elusive targets was a sign they were getting less resources than they expected, like WB wasn't happy with the sales.

I was conscious that making more elusive targets could result in crunch and I don't want them at that cost.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same elusive target though, apart from the eyepatch?

I did it last night, its the same target and pathing I think but they added a ton of new items and I killed him the first time with a pen through the eye and his eye is "gone" this time around, I dunno if thats considered canon or if everyones game has a missing eye for Sean Bean but I thought that was great.

I killed him in a completely different way this time (I think the pen in the lab is gone) which was fun to figure out. It seems like there are a LOT more options to kill him this time if you just follow him around for a while.

I do like this ET has a THIRTY DAY timer now, if they change ETs so they are all 30 days with a 0-7 day cooldown between each I'd be perfectly fine with that. I really think the whole "up for 1 week, down for 2-3 weeks" method is terrible.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

Yup, the feeling I'm getting from the lack of new content after the initial first 3-4 months of rollout is that H2 didn't sell that well, so focus moved to making H3 awesome and try to market it to be a much bigger success.

At the end of the day I got 100 hours of great/good content out of H2 and the base maps and challenges so I can't complain too hard. While I'd love to have more cool quality stuff like the H1 Bonus Missions like The Icon/Landslide or Night Marrakesh, lots of elusives and escalations, if it's a little light I'll deal with it and still be back for H3.

With Season 1 I'd be playing Hitman every week or two for a year+, whereas with H2 I spent like a month straight playing the heck out of it and haven't really touched it much since.

I do only hope that the 2 DLC locations are worth it because having bought the $100 gold edition, paying an extra $40 specifically for them, I do have some expectation of quality and content filled DLC given the price. If there's some quality bonus missions too that'll be great, but just give me a couple high quality maps with a good 15 hours of content each.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the feeling I'm getting from the lack of new content after the initial first 3-4 months of rollout is that H2 didn't sell that well, so focus moved to making H3 awesome and try to market it to be a much bigger success.

At the end of the day I got 100 hours of great/good content out of H2 and the base maps and challenges so I can't complain too hard. While I'd love to have more cool quality stuff like the H1 Bonus Missions like The Icon/Landslide or Night Marrakesh, lots of elusives and escalations, if it's a little light I'll deal with it and still be back for H3.

With Season 1 I'd be playing Hitman every week or two for a year+, whereas with H2 I spent like a month straight playing the heck out of it and haven't really touched it much since.

I do only hope that the 2 DLC locations are worth it because having bought the $100 gold edition, paying an extra $40 specifically for them, I do have some expectation of quality and content filled DLC given the price. If there's some quality bonus missions too that'll be great, but just give me a couple high quality maps with a good 15 hours of content each.

I don't think the lack of big new content right now is a sign of shift of focus. Their release schedule for the four new bonus missions and maps are just a bit more backloaded. Probably just a result of focusing on getting the game out in the first place. They've still got some kind of new stuff on a weekly basis at least, and the new Sniper Assassin map was fairly recent.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I don't want to be seen as handwaving genuine concerns, but of all the games from all the developers, some people are upset about Hitman freaking 2 not getting enough content? Are you kidding me?! The constant updates, changes, contracts, escalations, elusive targets, new missions, ghost mode, new levels, the ability to play the previous game in the new game, plus all of its updates, missions, contracts etc etc.. . ? This is the greatest value since the Orange Box.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be seen as handwaving genuine concerns, but of all the games from all the developers, some people are upset about Hitman freaking 2 not getting enough content? Are you kidding me?! The constant updates, changes, contracts, escalations, elusive targets, new missions, ghost mode, new levels, the ability to play the previous game in the new game, plus all of its updates, missions, contracts etc etc.. . ? This is the greatest value since the Orange Box.

oh no, I agree with you there. There's tons of content in this game. People are just crazy.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

I agree, but compared to Season 1, I can see why people would compare and say "wait, where's my second campaign", where's my movie shoot mission, where's my 14 ETs, etc.

The trick is that they did the grind upfront (to ship Hitman 2 all at once) and switched to a Season Pass, and they didn't have the head start that they did on Hitman 1. They also were cut by SE, had to buy themselves out, find a new publisher, open a second studio. So I guess they could have just rolled with a content plan like the previous game, but in truth when you change everything, you change how you produce content too, or you risk burning out everyone involved. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear a few new things around E3, either for Hitman 2 or the future, but I feel pretty good about all they've built and the immediate plan.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Any fast/easy methods to get Bangkok's mastery level up to 20 fast? I want the Krugermeier but I don't feel like going through the same level over and over again right now. I already did it SASO but I think I'm only at 9 or something right now. I'm planning on doing the missions tomorrow (which I haven't done yet), but that alone won't take me to 20.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Any fast/easy methods to get Bangkok's mastery level up to 20 fast? I want the Krugermeier but I don't feel like going through the same level over and over again right now. I already did it SASO but I think I'm only at 9 or something right now. I'm planning on doing the missions tomorrow (which I haven't done yet), but that alone won't take me to 20.

Fastest way is to look at the challenges you haven't done yet, figure out which ones give the most XP, and then try to get as many of them as possible.

Remember that you can get multiple kill challenges on the same target on the same run by saving before you kill them, reloading, killing them a different way, etc. You'll receive credit for all the challenges you completed once you beat the level.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Remember that you can get multiple kill challenges on the same target on the same run by saving before you kill them, reloading, killing them a different way, etc.
Ah yes. I always forget this is possible because I don't really like playing this way, but I might make an exception to get the Krugermeier. Thanks for reminding me!

Also; Colorado is the worst to do SASO on Master difficulty.

nix6

Oct 28, 2017
I own full digital Hitman 1 on XB1.
I can get really cheap used H2 on disc.
Will I be able to download Legacy pack for free? Does disc version come with one time code (that in this case might be already used?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Will I be able to download Legacy pack for free? Does disc version come with one time code (that in this case might be already used?

You can redeem the Legacy Pack by booting up Hitman 1 and doing something there. I forget the exact procedure but it's all ingame rather than a code.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

There is no code involved. You just have to download 2 free add-ons from the store. One is the "Hitman Legacy Pack" (need to launch Hitman 1 and follow a Store Link somewhere in the menu) and the other one is the "Hitman 2 Prologue" (can be downloaded by searching the Xbox Store).

If you run into trouble with downloading the "Hitman Legacy Pack", then check out this post.

nix6

Oct 28, 2017
thanks. It is working.

So question about Let no joyful voice be heard (Sapienza) achievement. I had to lookup this one because there is no way I would figure it out.
How did you do figure it out? Did I miss some hint on the map like a document or a conversation? Or is it related to some previous Hitman games?