• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hey, quick question!

With the complete first game now free on PS Plus, if I download that will I then be able to access these missions on Hitman 2 as well?
Yes, if you download the complete first game on PS Plus, you can open the game to redeem the Legacy Pack DLC which will let you access that content in Hitman 2. It's a big download which is annoying but hey, still a good deal.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do you do this? I've poisoned it with rat poison and the poisonous flowers but it just makes him sick.

06ccf31c-1ecd-401e-ac5a-feb41184a98a.png

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Use lethal poison, you can find some in plants, also one in the doctor's office
Rat (emetic) poison only makes people vomit
Appreciated, thanks bud.

Does anyone know how to get the lady to go to the construction site for this challenges? She never leaves her house unless its to the statue.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Hooray. I managed to do the elusive target. Failed the last one so happy to get this one completed. Hadn't spent much time on the map so was a bit of a crappy run. Took me like 45mins, got compromised twice but lucked out at the end.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got SA on the current elusive today. Shame I missed the second one.

The chapel is the key location for this one, I feel.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I keep putting it off and I'm too tired for it tonight... guess I'll be doing it sorta last minute tomorrow, again.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
SA'd the Elusive on my first go, took ~40 minutes. Was finally unspoiled (in retrospect, I saw the mention of the chapel on this page but thankfully didn't remember it till I was already there and had realized my approach), so it felt rad as hell.

It's weird that they picked this level so soon, but I honestly feel much more comfortable with it than some of the others so I can't really complain for myself.

Started as architect; headed downstairs pretty quickly. Saw her go into the room with the artifacts; thought she might have the book in there so I used the nearby bathroom to lure a guard in. Then realized she and her elite guard walk right by it, so I coined him in and became him, making him not a problem at all later and giving me an easy elite guard outfit. Realized it wasn't in that room, so I started exploring.

Now... I don't find the level very daunting as I said; I spent a lot of time doing (most of) the challenges that require tons of outright murder and had explored the level a lot besides. I knew how to survive if things went bad, and how much guards could travel, and so on. My issue was more... I spent so much time across very few runs, so I forgot where keys and cards were! So I, uh, made my way up to the penthouse and cleared that room to get the master key and a guard's card. Which I didn't end up needing much, but... well, it went ok.

Started exploring more - the custodian area, mainly. Knocked the enforcer there out fine. On my way out after finding nothing, saw her go into the chapel. Went in through the window, realized the book was there. Went into the MC room (...via the window again) and saw the security setup was there. Also realized nobody was in the next room and that there was a box up those stairs.

Coined the 2 guards out of the MC room, dumped them in the upstairs box. Dumped the custodian in an MC room box, took out cameras. Coined the 3 people in the chapel into the MC room - switching to custodian for the final one as he was an enforcer for the elite guard, to be safe - and dumped them in boxes. Switched back to elite guard.

Was prepared to wait a bit but she strolled in a minute or two later and it was already go time. Used my lethal poison syringe, grabbed the book, ran off to the custodian area again... was almost stopped by a locked door, then ran back around to its window. And casually exited via the shaft.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
I still haven't figured out what it takes to irreversibly mess up an elusive target, I've been spotted before, I've killed the wrong person and was seen, I have been shot at by guards, each time I just paused and restarted.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I still haven't figured out what it takes to irreversibly mess up an elusive target, I've been spotted before, I've killed the wrong person and was seen, I have been shot at by guards, each time I just paused and restarted.
I thought for sure killing *anyone* kept you from being able to menu restart.
Guess it's just completing any objective (including stuff like grabbing the book in the current ET).
And dying, obviously.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

You cannot die/quit/restart after an objective was completed.

Often the objective is just the actual kill, but in cases like this one where there's an additional one those count too. So even if she's still alive, as soon as you grabbed the notebook, you'd be locked into that run.

Other than that, you can do whatever and restart after. It doesn't require you to get SA or anything like that.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got all the Classic challenges on all the standard campaign missions (so not counting Patient Zero and the bonus missions). Good lord, master SA/SO and even Sniper Assassin on Colorado are a pain.

That new sniping mechanic where every guard is instantly aware of your location ruins Sniper Assassin in Colorado. In theory that water tower is the perfect sniping spot (which is why it's there in the first place), but there's no way to hide if you're up there, so after the first kill, every single person in Colorado has his guns pointed at you.

The all black suit is slick as fuck though.

EDIT: To add to the discussion about the Elusive Target, I think this was one of the easier ones to SA.
It took me very little time to figure out she, like many other Hitman targets, also likes to have a smoke right next to a gas valve. So I just got me a wrench, opened the gas, fucked around trying to find where the hell her logbook was and a few minutes later 'Boom, accident kill'.

Last edited:

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Kind of weird they're doing season 1 ETs when they haven't even done all the new maps yet.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Not one to argue IO should've ported all the ET suits for players into Hitman 2 outright, but I honestly can't be fucked going through Season 1's ETs again.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nice! Can't wait to unlock the white yukata, and that Shaman's powder looks interesting. I'm guessing it will work like the cocaine brick, but with an added AoE KO effect.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Wait I did the Elusive for the Fugitive in Season 1, does that mean I can't redo this one? Or is this a different elusive lol?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Will we be able to play the past Elusive Targets again in the future? I missed the third one because my TV is (hopefully) being repaired and I might miss the fourth one as well depending on how long it'll take to get back.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Will we be able to play the past Elusive Targets again in the future? I missed the third one because my TV is (hopefully) being repaired and I might miss the fourth one as well depending on how long it'll take to get back.
They reran them once in the first game, but we have no guarantee they will do so again.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy Hawke's Bay is getting an elusive, nothing has been happening to the map since the launch. I wonder if they'll add some new security measures to make it tougher.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
A Hawke's Bay Elusive? Interesting.

I'm guessing they'll add a lot more guards, since it's kind of a small map.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute, none of the elusives carried over so maybe The Fugitive is a new target?

It's not like they carried over any account details, so I'm assuming everyone will be able to do these reruns regardless of what they did in season 1.

Maybe I'll just look up a solution for this one; it's one I successfully did by myself the first time around. In comparison, I'll probably go at the ones I did look up (to make sure I got the SA suits)/didn't do/failed in the normal way, to see how well I can do this time. Just don't know if I can be bothered to redo ones I already pulled off.

But then again I never did any of the ones I did myself particularly well, so... probably worth another try regardless, hmm.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we will get that tactical swimsuit for the Hawke's Bay elusive. It wasn't in the initial reward roadmap.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
So, the Complete First Season is going free tomorrow with PlayStation Plus, but I really wonder if the GOTY Edition Upgrade for Season 1 will have a discount too.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
This is a good question. Those of us who did the Elusive Target already, do we either get the rewards immediately, or do we have to do it again?

For some weird reason I thought elusive progress carried over, but I just checked and there's nothing but the new targets recorded. So I think it should work like the rest of the legacy content: you have a clean slate and get to fight those classic elusives again.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017

The reason I screwed up the current(?) elusive target is that I try to do it as fast as possible. And the fastest method I discovered required picking up the book first. Which means once I do that, I'm committed, because picking up the book is completing an objective. I did a lot of dry runs where I'd briefly pause at the book, but not pick it up, then execute my assassination attempt but miss on purpose, or execute the ET's guard instead to see if I could get away with it. The assassination method I decided on carried risk of being spotted, but usually I was able to do it (approximately) without being spotted in my dry runs. I got unlucky or was sloppy on my execution on my real attempt.

I think I could have immediately paused, unplugged my ethernet cable and restarted my computer to try again. But I just decided not to. You only need 5 SA ETs to get all the suits so I let my screw-up stand.

--

When people say something to the effect of, "yawn, this elusive was so easy," I kind of laugh to myself and think, "yes, but you're doing it the boring way, mate."

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The reason I screwed up the current(?) elusive target is that I try to do it as fast as possible. And the fastest method I discovered required picking up the book first. Which means once I do that, I'm committed, because picking up the book is completing an objective. I did a lot of dry runs where I'd briefly pause at the book, but not pick it up, then execute my assassination attempt but miss on purpose, or execute the ET's guard instead to see if I could get away with it. The assassination method I decided on carried risk of being spotted, but usually I was able to do it (approximately) without being spotted in my dry runs. I got unlucky or was sloppy on my execution on my real attempt.

I think I could have immediately paused, unplugged my ethernet cable and restarted my computer to try again. But I just decided not to. You only need 5 SA ETs to get all the suits so I let my screw-up stand.

--

When people say something to the effect of, "yawn, this elusive was so easy," I kind of laugh to myself and think, "yes, but you're doing it the boring way, mate."
The bolded is completely unnecessary. All you need to do is pause and alt-f4. On consoles, you can pause and close the game via the dashboard.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
The bolded is completely unnecessary. All you need to do is pause and alt-f4. On consoles, you can pause and close the game via the dashboard.

Alright good to know, thank you. The whole thing about the ethernet cable was something I thought I'd seen said somewhere. I haven't actually illegitimately reset a botched ET yet.