• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Delaying a game for those who don't pay extra for it is dumb and not an actual value add. Should've been available for everyone tomorrow.
That said, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Games already playable on console here in aus (i think?) but I have to wait over 24 hours for the PC release. So annoyed.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Delaying a game for those who don't pay extra for it is dumb and not an actual value add. Should've been available for everyone tomorrow.
That said, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Its a value add for the people who want to play it tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen it posted here, neither in the old thread (Silent Assassinate me if I'm blind):
HITMAN2_Legacy_Unlocks-1024x576.png

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-countdown-to-launch/

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm in, although I'm thinking I might wait a few days after launch for the $15 PSN promo credit to come through before buying. Wouldn't miss the elusive so it would probably be okay.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
As far as I know right now, the Miami level is the only level ghost mode is available in. They said they'll continue to add it to more levels post launch. Whether that will include season 1 levels, they probably haven't decided yet.

Oh damn, that's a bit disappointing. It sounds like a really fun mode. Hopefully they'll roll it out quickly.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad I don't have to touch ghost mode at all for any trophies.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hopefully there's a way to upgrade to the gold edition when the game goes live tomorrow. It's a long weekend this weekend and I didn't realize that when I pre-ordered...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all have fun playing early!

I had the CE preordered but decided not to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a fake gun case of all things when I kiiiiinda just wanted that duck and the bonus content (so I cancelled it as soon as Gamestop indicated they would be charging for it soon). And then I ended up being away from my PS4 this weekend into Monday anyway, so playing early isn't really useful.

So I've just got an Amazon discounted normal copy coming on Tuesday and will pick up the DLC pass soon enough. I already fell off doing returning elusives in the past month or two after I got all the costumes, so I'm very much looking forward to more Hitman.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Do you only need to preorder the $60 version to play early, or does it require the $80 version? I've seen it listed both ways, although now that I think about it, the former is functionally no different from it just releasing tomorrow.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered the standard edition so have to wait until Tuesday :(

I own the digital version of S1 but out of curiosity, how do people with the physical edition get the S1 maps in Hitman 2? My friend has it on physical.

Also BernardoOne , looking forward to your ridiculous game breaking videos for this! Been enjoying them since we had the S1 OT on GAF.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen it posted here, neither in the old thread (Silent Assassinate me if I'm blind):
HITMAN2_Legacy_Unlocks-1024x576.png

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-countdown-to-launch/

Oh, dang, very glad to have a duck right away again!

I try not to be cheap and use it, but it was good to have that from the jump thanks to playing the disc release.

Kinda disappointed nothing really transfers, but... I never went that hard into unlocking things beyond the ET suits (which I didn't necessarily even use), so I can deal, I guess.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Next Tuesday feels so far away. I almost bought the Gold edition but that was £80 versus £35 for the base game. Maybe if the gap was closer I would have got it.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped! It'll be the first game to pull me slightly away from a Red Dead - IO make the grandest levels, and have the best art direction. I preordered it off a price glitch for the PC, but will be picking up the Gold Edition for the X on Friday! Sean Bean's gotta die!

The OT is phenomenal More_Badass - your OT work continues to shine!

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Been playing for an hour or so. Only the prologue installed so I could only play that to start off with, but it's the same as the original game. Enjoying it though - playing an original level on the new engine or whatever makes me appreciate what's changed. Great new presentation and UI now too. Much nicer and cleaner and more professional than the first game.

Also.... I have JUST come off of finishing Hitman 2016 properly and I swear they've changed Diana's VA again :/

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing for an hour or so. Only the prologue installed so I could only play that to start off with, but it's the same as the original game. Enjoying it though - playing an original level on the new engine or whatever makes me appreciate what's changed. Great new presentation and UI now too. Much nicer and cleaner and more professional than the first game.

Also.... I have JUST come off of finishing Hitman 2016 properly and I swear they've changed Diana's VA again :/
Same VA. What you're experiencing I believe is something done back on GOTY release. They patched her voice to sound younger. It's a bit sloppy as they literally just altered the pitch and forgot one of the lines.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
So do I need to buy the goty dlc/patient zero mission pack to play it in 2?

PC version of the gold pack is 66 dollars usd on cdkeys

Last edited:

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can upgrade from silver to gold? I bought silver but thinking about it I want gold now but unsure if you can upgrade.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna play this a bit at midnight but mostly have to wait until after work tomorrow to dig in. Really anticipating the suburb level, if that gets anywhere close to A New Life then it may be one of the all time greats.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
And of course I didn't buy it on sale, alas!

From the Legacy FAQ

If you do not own a version of HITMAN, the HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack will be available as DLC for HITMAN 2 for $20.00 USD. HITMAN 2 disc owners will need to use the HITMAN 2 in-game store. Digital owners can either use the in-game store or the platform store (PSN or Xbox Store).

Players who have redeemed the HITMAN Legacy Pack can also purchase the "GOTY Legacy Upgrade" for $10.00 USD, which will upgrade their Legacy Pack to the GOTY Legacy Pack. See below for the exact contents of the Legacy Pack.

So don't buy the GOTY edition, just wait for release and buy the Legacy DLC.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
So it looks like there are no cutscenes this time around, just slightly animated storyboard scenes with narration over them. Probably the first sign I've seen of what had to be a smaller budget.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Going in completly blind, I might even replay the first missions for a refresher and the new gameplay adjustments.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like there are no cutscenes this time around, just slightly animated storyboard scenes with narration over them. Probably the first sign I've seen of what had to be a smaller budget.
Interesting. Did Blood Money have pre-rendered cutscenes or just in-games scenes? I remember between missions, there were just briefings from Diana.

sandworms

Oct 7, 2018

Oh nice, for whatever reason I was under the impression that season 1 levels weren't being added until later and wouldn't be available at launch

Emerson

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is the Gold edition more expensive than just the game and DLC? Do we know what that will cost alone?

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Important info though it's in the FAQ for the Legacy pack, just incasee anyones missed it.

You MUST own it on the SAME system in order to get it free otherwise you have to pay.

For example so you can't have Hitman 2016 on say PS4 and Hitman 2 on PC and still expect to get the Legacy Pack free, it's like for like. I know some peeps here were looking to get it on different Systems.

Also I do not know if those who got it Free Via Gamepass will have access to it or not but I shall report back Tommorow 11pm or later after I get my Collectors Edition if I can, or If someone gets it on Xbox as soon as it goes live and tries it I will let you know.

Also you need to own a Minimum of 7 of the maps to get it free, all 6 Standard locations plus the Bonus Pack or GOTY edition to get Legacy Free

If you do NOT own 7 of them, then it's $20 as DLC

If you do own the Complete Edition - 6 Maps plus Bonus Pack and want GOTY edition, it will allow you to download your Legacy Pack for free, then it's just $10 to upgrade it to GOTY Legacy Pack Edition (Patient Zero stuff+ 3 costumes)

Last edited:

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Probably not so much a smaller budget with WB as the game just benefitting from Square-Enix's CG studio like every other game published by them. I doubt IO had much to do with the original cutscenes beyond writing and storyboarding.

Also, yeah, if anyone from IOI happens to be reading this (hiohmygerdyoureallawesome), I'm totally willing to upgrade to Gold as soon as the game releases if you're giving that option. Come on, at this point I'm just throwing you all my money, take it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my key from Nuuvem and redeemed it. I'm preloading this when I return to my home. The temptation of skipping work tomorrow is too powerful.