• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The person I was originally responding too asked if it was a timed level though? Holiday Horders isn't a new level on a timer, it's a target in the same vein as elusive targets. Either way you're needlessly arguing semantics and definitions of what a level is. I doubt the person I was originally responding too cares.
You're literally arguing semantics right now. Regardless, they've done timed missions, so that's that.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh dear, bought the expansion pass earlier forgetting Steam sales were firing up today. Luckily managed to get refunded pretty quickly.

mcwizardry

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried breaking open the vault lock with a crowbar? (Feat) It doesn't actually seem to work.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Suit Only Silent Assassin on Master difficulty right now, it's not hard, but my current route has a fair bit of waiting.

Edit:

Did it!

hitman226_06_201900_0ijkaf.png

hitman226_06_201900_04qkk2.png

Last edited:

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer that this stage is missing some of the mainstays for challenges like Chameleon, Versatile Assassin kills and Discovery feat.

Yeah, why is that? If the level is smaller in scale, why not include these types of challenges that don't make them need to change the level at all? I also miss the feats for exiting the level a certain way. Why are those missing?

This is a fun level so far though. I haven't fully explored it, but I like what's going on here.

Most people on pc still have 4 cores or less, don't believe most of them are going to be able to use it for now.

I only have 4 cores but I have simulation on max. I appear to be getting max destruction. It looks way more destroyed than the pics they showed. I ran out of ammo so I wasn't able to fully test destroying a pillar. It blew up real nice though from what I did pump into it.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm really enjoying this level. There's some nice verticality to it, and I like how it continues the story from the vanilla game. Also proper cutscenes at last!

The special assignments are a terrible disappointment though.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017

The reason the challenges seem scarce is because apparently there are 25 additional challenges they didn't have time to add :/ Looks like they're coming soon so that's good. I've also definitely noticed a few bugs in this map that wouldn't usually happen.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The missing challanges seems live on PC now, just reloaded an old save and got 21000XP on exiting.

10 assassination, 18 discovery, 19 feats, 1 targets, 22 classics.

Exits are back as discovery, did not get those retroactively.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Was wanting to buy this level, but can someone help me out?

On the store page for New York, it makes mention that it's in both 'Expansion Pack 1' and 'Expansion Pass', and when I try to buy it, it says that I require 'Expansion Pack 1'.

1x9jfj.jpg

However, when I search the store, I don't see 'Expansion Pack 1'. Only 'Expansion Pass'.

I'm just wondering, apart from buying 'Expansion Pass' for ÂŁ32.99 - is there any other way to acquire the New York level? I'd love to play, but 33 pound is a little rich for me at the minute. Is there no way to just buy Expansion Pack 1 on it's own?

2ltj1q.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Was wanting to buy this level, but can someone help me out?

On the store page for New York, it makes mention that it's in both 'Expansion Pack 1' and 'Expansion Pass', and when I try to buy it, it says that I require 'Expansion Pack 1'.

1x9jfj.jpg

However, when I search the store, I don't see 'Expansion Pack 1'. Only 'Expansion Pass'.

I'm just wondering, apart from buying 'Expansion Pass' for ÂŁ32.99 - is there any other way to acquire the New York level? I'd love to play, but 33 pound is a little rich for me at the minute. Is there no way to just buy Expansion Pack 1 on it's own?

2ltj1q.jpg

Nope, that was only the Silver edition of the game. IOI said they weren't selling them piecemeal which is bullshit. I don't recommend buying it until it's on sale unless you like the Sniper maps. Outside of the Bank it's disappointing.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Police? Yeah, I want to report a crime. Uhhh... some sort of incident at the bank. Guy in a golden rabbit mask. Uhu..

xLojJgJ.jpg

si1qVt6.jpg

Last edited:

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I find it odd that they don't address

the revelation that 47 killed Diana's parents. The briefing seemingly took place after that, but Diana is still all good with 47. Maybe The Constant didn't actually tell her, but he plans to use that leverage. Or maybe Diana betrays 47 at the end of the other DLC story mission to set up Hitman 3.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I played on PC last night and crashed three times. I don't remember ever crashing before and I've played quite a bit. I switched to DX11 from DX12 and was able to beat New York without crashing.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

the revelation that 47 killed Diana's parents. The briefing seemingly took place after that, but Diana is still all good with 47. Maybe The Constant didn't actually tell her, but he plans to use that leverage. Or maybe Diana betrays 47 at the end of the other DLC story mission to set up Hitman 3.

There's no indication anyone other than The Constant knows yet.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017

I think(hope) they are saving this to be the story arc of Hitman 3.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
The missing challanges seems live on PC now, just reloaded an old save and got 21000XP on exiting.

10 assassination, 18 discovery, 19 feats, 1 targets, 22 classics.

Exits are back as discovery, did not get those retroactively.

Very happy about this, even if they aren't retroactive. Thought it was super weird that this level had far less challenges than the others. Going out different exits is fun. It's a good way to keep you exploring the level.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I guess I'll have to buy the season pass when it goes on sale. I started Hitman 2 last week and it's such a great game. Going through each level following the story then taking your own ridiculous routes never gets old. Really happy with what the team accomplished.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
It says I've purchased the expansion pass when I check the PSN store, but when I look at the Hitman front-end menu, access to New York isn't available? WTF fix this shit Guerrilla

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having problems with the discovery feat for The Golden Handshake? I'm pretty sure it's bugged for me. I have everything else, so it's quite impossible for it to be 0/18. It was ticking off in the beginning, I think I was even stuck on 17/18 for a while, but somewhere around when they added the missing feats I think this broke. :-(

S6jMwkx.jpg

EDIT: Well fuck me.

Last edited:

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
It says I've purchased the expansion pass when I check the PSN store, but when I look at the Hitman front-end menu, access to New York isn't available? WTF fix this shit Guerrilla

We've both been in gamedev so you probably already know this, but for those who don't...

There are two content update strategies on console:
  1. Include the DLC in the next core game patch, but locked (the "Dead Rising 3" scenario).
    This guarantees that if you have the season pass, the game will automatically patch in the DLC. Downside? Patch size goes up for everyone, because whether you own it or not, you have to download it. Typically you only do this on MP games where you have to play with people who have stuff you don't.

2. Seperate it into Store downloads
    Partly because Hitman is not MP at its core, but also because of the episode structure, IOI splits each chapter into its own download. Good news is that when the game patches, it's very small. You are not forced to download what you don't have. But...that means its up to you to manually download the content yourself.

The part I'm not as clear about here is that IOI doesn't have an easy way to download the content from within the game. I'm not sure if this would require some custom server tech, but at the very least the UI is unclear by not recognizing you own the content and saying "Get Access" instead of "Download from Store
TL;DR you need to launch PS Store and download the episode yourself. Once it's ready I believe you do not need to restart the game, but it is an annoying step to take outside of the game itself.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I played on PC last night and crashed three times. I don't remember ever crashing before and I've played quite a bit. I switched to DX11 from DX12 and was able to beat New York without crashing.
Try adding "-skip_launcher" to the launch options. That fixed the DX12 crashing for me. DX12 has much better performance for me, except when I stream over Steam Link for some reason.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Really liked The Bank a lot during my first run, which was kind of a bumbling run that ended up with me knocking out a bunch of people on the way to opening the underground vault. I was surprised to see actual animated cutscenes for this level.

I also tried out the new scenarios for Santa Fortuna and Mumbai, which were surprisingly simple and easy. I kind of just stashed an explosive in an easy to reach spot and both were near the first starting area, so I threw it, took them out, and got out mostly right away.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I love this level, I love that its a bit smaller and more focused. Beat it twice tonight and I think I'll be trying to get all the challenges this weekend

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Really liked The Bank a lot during my first run, which was kind of a bumbling run that ended up with me knocking out a bunch of people on the way to opening the underground vault. I was surprised to see actual animated cutscenes for this level.

I also tried out the new scenarios for Santa Fortuna and Mumbai, which were surprisingly simple and easy. I kind of just stashed an explosive in an easy to reach spot and both were near the first starting area, so I threw it, took them out, and got out mostly right away.

Haven't played them yet. Do they rework parts of the level like in the previous season?

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has never played any Hitman games at all beyond the opening level of Blood Money which I was pretty unimpressed by, I love seeing this sort of thing. The series seems to scratch such a particular mechanical itch that the industry needs more of, and that they're doing this after the corporate troubles they faced earlier this(last?) year is pretty awesome.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the level, didn't get finish any of the story beats but I did get in and out without getting seen. Lots of cool scenarios I can see unfolding with the bunny guy :p

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Going through the island castle map to catch up to the bank.
Jebediah Block was on the phone saying "I need an edge and I need it fast." and then I threw a sword at his head.
This is a good game.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Finished my first run of the bank last night with an accidental kill and a vault retrieval. Seems like a VERY fun map to silent assassin. So many cameras everywhere and interesting possibilities.

I loved the detail and the distinctness of the areas in the level. The items in each room felt better places than in the main game, which kinda spread everything out everywhere. Also the writing seemed really sharp, much better than most of the base game missions.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Really fun map. Focused and thematically interesting with cool architectural design and high comedic potential. Adds variety to the overall package, should be a great one for Contracts. And I definitely appreciate two means of approach for the secondary objective, that's a smart way to keep those from getting stale.