• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbr.com

Zack Snyder Developing 'Faithful' Retelling of King Arthur's Legend

Director Zack Snyder confirmed he's working on a "faithful" retelling of the King Arthur legend and hopes to make it at some point in the future.

Director Zack Snyder confirmed he's developing a retelling of the King Arthur legend.

"I'm working on something but we'll see," Snyder said in an interview with Minutemen. "I've been thinking about some kind of retelling, like, [a] real sort of faithful retelling of that Arthurian mythological concept. We'll see. Maybe that will come at some point."

We will finally see the moment when King Arthur composed "Hallelujah"

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
l-64871213-b658-4fa2-b3be-b55cf89f444f.jpg

Antoine Fuqua already beat ya to the punch, Zacky.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
On behalf of everyone: WHAT?!

EDIT: Right, my kneejerk reaction lets me know I don't like this man's work at all. His deconstruction of my favorite properties has been detrimental to my opinion of him. Just stating this outright for the record.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Zach Snyder has a great track record of interpretations that understand the characters they're based on so I can't see how this could possibly go wrong

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
His documentary 300 was his most watchable film, so seems like a good idea to me.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
'Historically accurate' is speculative at best, and would probably center around a Briton chieftain repelling Anglo-Saxon incursions. That would definitely be cool, but Snyder is probably thinking of a pastiche of Malory and French authors, like virtually ever Hollywood retelling of Arthur.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to know what this dope thinks "historically accurate" King Arthur would be like.

Motherfucker would probably try to fnd a way to make Arthur into some grimdark ubermensch scumbag.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
It turns out he was just like jesus

Hahaha OK this got me good!

Not sure how this will go, saying you want something to be historically accurate is fine I guess, but I expect at least 50 slow motion shots, a trailer with your favourite song you always use in every movie trailer, and of course I want a scene where a father stops his son saving him despite the fact he could do so without anyone seeing a thing anyway.

Jokes aside, I'm happy I'll be able to see the snyder cut of justice league next month. It'll be bad but as I've said in other threads, I can happily watch it for the action scenes and shit and I'm sure as bad as it is I'll enjoy it a lot more than WW84, which was a huge disappointment. I also hope it is better than the first cut we got, which I honestly don't see anyway it wouldn't be better, if for no other reason than the fact it'll give even more reason to remove joss from any recognitions in history.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only King Arthur story you could arguably do 'faithfully' is the green knight and Arthurs barely even in that one. pretty much every other character has too many interpretations to call any one 'faithful'. You could 'faithfully' cast Morgan le fay as a good or neutral character in some versions. you could equally cast Lancelot as a villain. I'm pretty sure even Mordred isn't always a villain.,

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Don't touch King Arthur, Snyder. Make Justice League 2 and 3 and 4. Make fucking 10 more DCEU films. Just don't touch King Arthur.

Please.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Please not another King Arthur movie that strips all the fun supernatural and magical elements that make the legends fun to read. Give me Celtic myth King Arthur with magic and monsters or go the old-fashioned route with a re-telling of Malory with magic and monsters. Just give me magic and monsters instead of a "historical" retelling, is all I'm asking.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to know what this dope thinks "historically accurate" King Arthur would be like.

Motherfucker would probably try to fnd a way to make Arthur into some grimdark ubermensch scumbag.

Remember how the Charlie Hunnam movie turned King Arthur into a bloody superhero? It'll be like that but with EVEN MORE slow-mo. 😂

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
We're all poking fun at the thought of it being some hyper-stylized 300-esque action film, but I'm willing to bet "faithful retelling" means shooting with the discount-Malick cinematography he used in Man of Steel and calling it a day. The man knows only aesthetic and tone, nothing more.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Where are people getting that it's supposed to be "historically accurate" out of "faithful retelling of that Arthurian mythological concept"?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Is he going to get Lancelot raped in Morgan Le Fay's dungeon?

I mean he wanted Batman to be raped in prison after all.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
So, basically another yellow color-grading film. "King Arthur and the Quest through the Piss Filter".

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Note that 99% of Arthurian legends are anime fanfics by french otakus, so there's not really an accuracy to miss.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
We're all poking fun at the thought of it being some hyper-stylized 300-esque action film, but I'm willing to bet "historically accurate" means shooting with his discount-Malick cinematography and calling it a day. The man knows only aesthetic and tone, nothing more.

I would love to finally get an answer to the question of whether it was the same people that cut trailers for Nolan that cut the MoS trailers. They really have a very similar editing style to trailers for Nolan movies.