• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the interviews for the rollout more than the album lol. Push said in one that Pharrell told him we've heard all that coke shit before and challenging him for more. I can imagine Pharrells frustration, must be like getting blood from a stone. If he succeeded in any way I missed it on the first listen, although I tuned out of the lyrics quite quickly I can't lie, seemed the same old same old Push to me which I've never found very interesting.

Nice enough production though.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
i first listened to the new push on spotify with ads and shit interrupting, so i'll check it out again uninterrupted and see what my final thoughts are

EDIT again: discussing rap in depth hurts my brain nowadays, album was cool

Last edited:

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to sit on this Pusha for a few days.

I think I really like it, but at the same time it's just more Push and nothing really different? Dudes great, just a bit too consistent. Take some risks.

Also when did Malice drop the No? Have I missed something?

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Keem brought out Kendrick at Coachella and the way the crowd erupts is so good. King

he came out the fire doin' the big steppa step

ZFNyP4W.gif

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Net_Wrecker

i told you i would get back to you about the billy woods so here i am, i've listened to it a few times. i didn't expect anything less from the guy, the features are all pretty strong. one thing i'll point out, the song with breeze brewin and el-p, with all three of them switching small verses was pretty dope.

i don't feel compelled to comment on anything else since there would be too much to quote, you probably get what i mean. i'll also add that while the production from preservation isn't anything different from what woods usually raps on, it's a big deal when it comes to how good this album sounds. of course woods can rap on anything but it provided this huge cinematic apocalyptic effect.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
LUqtPTW.gif

Wassup, y'all. It's Lil Roy. The one and only. You know what it is.

So listen: this OT has been without an active OP for quite some time. We need to change that. For many reasons, large and active OTs work best when there's an active OP to oversee them, and Hip-Hop Era is no exception.

I've been in contact with somebody, behind the scenes, to take on that role. However, there is a question I thought best to put to the community itself:

In the event that someone accepts the role of "OP" would you all prefer to keep this thread (OT2) going, with all 614 goddamn pages? Or would you all be ready to roll over to an |OT3|?

Comment below.

Last edited:

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Net_Wrecker

i told you i would get back to you about the billy woods so here i am, i've listened to it a few times. i didn't expect anything less from the guy, the features are all pretty strong. one thing i'll point out, the song with breeze brewin and el-p, with all three of them switching small verses was pretty dope.

i don't feel compelled to comment on anything else since there would be too much to quote, you probably get what i mean. i'll also add that while the production from preservation isn't anything different from what woods usually raps on, it's a big deal when it comes to how good this album sounds. of course woods can rap on anything but it provided this huge cinematic apocalyptic effect.

Similar to what I mentioned with Pusha T, billy woods reached a certain plateau years ago and is basically "just" maintaining with each project. At some point you run out of ways to praise him since, as you said, all we'd be doing is quoting whole verses... the same thing we've been doing for the last 5 projects anyway tbh 🔥🔥🔥. The difference between him and Push is that woods' stream of consciousness imagery often leads to absurdly great turns of phrase and wickedly incisive commentary on the state of things, a mixture that affords him a much longer leash with me to simply do what he does over new music. And with Preservation reaching into that Dr. Yen Lo cinematic grime, I am wholly content with what's ultimately another billy woods album.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Similar to what I mentioned with Pusha T, billy woods reached a certain plateau years ago and is basically "just" maintaining with each project. At some point you run out of ways to praise him since, as you said, all we'd be doing is quoting whole verses... the same thing we've been doing for the last 5 projects anyway tbh 🔥🔥🔥. The difference between him and Push is that woods' stream of consciousness imagery often leads to absurdly great turns of phrase and wickedly incisive commentary on the state of things, a mixture that affords him a much longer leash with me to simply do what he does over new music. And with Preservation reaching into that Dr. Yen Lo cinematic grime, I am wholly content with what's ultimately another billy woods album.
i don't have anything to add here, i think this sums up my thoughts also, thanks

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
LUqtPTW.gif

So listen: this OT has been without an active OP for quite some time. We need to change that. For many reasons, large and active OTs work best when there's an active OP to oversee them, and Hip-Hop Era is no exception.

I've been in contact with somebody, behind the scenes, to take on that role. However, there is a question I thought best to put to the community itself:

In the event that someone accepts the role of "OP" would you all prefer to keep this thread (OT2) going, with all 614 goddamn pages? Or would you all be ready to roll over to an |OT3|?

Comment below.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

Pluto just mere days away

if drake wasn't featured on dis bih, i wasn't gonna listen tbh

wbYkq2L.gif

....KANYE?!?

sDJpBhC.gif

EDIT: nothing against folks that like long albums but god damn, i'm glad it's not a double album and just a normal album length, i fucks wit it

EDIT 2: i'm seeing another rumor saying two separate albums...

Last edited:

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
After High Off Life and Pluto x Baby Pluto, I've got high expectations, but I don't want to be disappointed. I feel like we're in a Future renaissance.

I still listen to songs off of Pluto x Baby Pluto several days a week, it's got evergreen bangers.

Crushed ice, Cartier frames, or Chrome Hearts
N***as ain't solid as they claim, so I play it smart
I'm changin' weather, I'm thinkin' better, I'm peepin' the energy
I left my heart in the streets, so ain't no sympathy
If you ain't with me, you against me, you the enemy
Playin' my cards, sittin' in the stars, this the life I lead

5f6da5_791b49a79761450496048e1bf34f8782~mv2.gif

LUqtPTW.gif

Comment below.
I'm easy either way, I think there was some confusion way back when as to whether we were supposed to keep this OT going or make new ones every 200 pages or whatever, which is why we're still in this bih

BigSkinny0310

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017

Deluxe as expected. Excited to Baby, Babyface Ray, and Dugg. Future and Gunna have the top albums of the year so far, but there's a lot to come in the summer. I expect Lil Baby, Thug has announced work is coming, 21 will probably drop, and another blockbuster from The Canadian.

Oct 25, 2017
What would have been Clipse debut album 'Exclusive Audio Footage' is now on Apple Music and probably elsewhere. It's been a long ass time since I've listened to this, but I remember it having a handful of solid tracks. Entirely produced by the Neptunes as well. Doesn't stack up to their later work, but it's an interesting relic of 90s hip-hop. Somehow The Funeral is not included, even though it was one of the standout tracks.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a Future fan. I find his music repetitive and ignorant throughout his albums. I'm still pissed that he ruined the Kendrick Lamar/J Rock track on the Black Panther soundtrack. But, damn! I Never Liked You is hard as helol!!! He even got current Kanye to sound like a human being.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Quick shout out to Future again, he released the Deluxe version of the album on Monday which added 6 new tracks, and they all slap.

So far with the Spring releases, they have all been fire. So far I'd rank:
  1. Future
  2. Pusha
Now to wait for the Harlow, Kendrick, Post Malone and Thugger albums. It's like Spring Madness in Hip hop lol

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I really geared up for this new Future to be a let down but it's pretty good. I think just over half of it is okay-to-good songs, which will ultimately be forgettable in the long run, but then the bangers.. oh my the bangers. And within those you have every element of a balanced, nutritional Hendrix diet: the raw and thumping Thugger collab (FOR A NUT), the driving music with a bit of a bounce (PUFFIN ON ZOOTIEZ), the hyper-aggressive joints that don't overstay their welcome (GOLD STACKS), the hypnotic earworms (MASSAGING ME), the bangers on quirky and otherworldly beats (WE JUS WANNA GET HIGH), the lamenting symphonies (THE WAY THINGS GOIN), and the lay up for Drake (I'M ON ONE). That's basically a 7-track greatest hits covering every Future style on this, and it's hard to get upset about that even if the rest of the project is just decent. And then the Deluxe adds even more heat with LIKE ME, STAYED DOWN, and JUST THE BEGINNING. It's not gonna change the world but man is it solid.

New Rocky single + video with Rihanna in it dropping Thursday too:

unknown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.