• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuddyDonut

Oct 29, 2017
Was listening to this new Brent Faiyaz, and I just had a thought.. man there are few songs like GoldLink's Crew.

Even though they're all DMV artists, they sound so different from one another, yet all of them sound PERFECT for that beat in their own, different ways. Often with features you get the sense that one person fits a bit better, but everyone pulled their weight on this beat.

goddamn is every song, old or new, a tik tok meme now or what

Yeah Crew never gets old, is immediately danceable, earworm heavy, and simply awesome. I enjoy Goldlink's music a bunch, even though he got a tad more generic on his last album. However, Crew is simply a different beast. I cannot see him beating that.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Crew never gets old, is immediately danceable, earworm heavy, and simply awesome. I enjoy Goldlink's music a bunch, even though he got a tad more generic on his last album. However, Crew is simply a different beast. I cannot see him beating that.
Definitely. I think often his albums can be a mixed bag, but when he hits, he hits. And Crew is probably the apex of that.

Glizzy fucking snapped on Crew, as did everyone but I always lose it at that part.
Impossible not to sing along.

She invite me to her crib (Ow!), I walk in, she see my heat (Ow!)
She said, "But I live in the hills," (Girl) bitch, that's just the way I sleep (Uh-huh)

giphy.gif

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely fire and creative performance. Damn, I didn't know he played Piano too.

I was way too late to Psychodrama. Dave is special.

Brother I'm a careful, humble, reckless, arrogant, extravagant
N***a probably battlin' with manic depression
Man, I think I'm going mad again
It's like I'm happy for a second then I'm sad again

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Absolutely fire and creative performance. Damn, I didn't know he played Piano too.

Incredible. Wow.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Never heard of dave until seeing this pop up on r/HHH. Absolutely incredible performance.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Damn, I'm speechless. The track is beautiful, but those visuals are fucking insane.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I've been nerding over this billy woods song "Windhoek" the first aspect that comes to mind is how the song sounds like a Kingdom Hearts dungeon over drums. The second aspect is billy woods' very usual way of being non-descriptive about what he's talking about and assuming that the listener always knows or doesn't really care because it sounds good. Mach-Hommy on this song solidifies himself as a rapper who can rap on anything and can easily draw in the listener based on his random outbursts of French or references to obscure shit sporadically. Then he'll say some regular street shit, but Mach-Hommy's street shit hits differently than a lot of other rappers because the lyrical lenses that he uses, illustrates him as more of a complete holistic rapper who can rap about many different topics instead of just having "a thing" that he normally does.

So the last aspect of this song that gets me is billy woods' last verse on this song where he kind of blacks out, and once again, he kind of reminds me of Aesop Rock sometimes where he'll spit some really fucking hard shit and then the next two bars have some very "historical and cryptic meaning", that's not really worth deciphering because really, only billy woods know's what his metaphors are supposed to mean. Luckily, a lot of people who have listened to woods a lot drew some meaning behind this last verse, and apparently the title of the song "Windhoek" is a city in South Africa which is a frequent topic of woods' lyrics.

Edward Gorean public housing
The township Robert Townsend

Meteor_man.jpg

Potemkin village outside Towson
Town square got a faux Italian fountain
Model home shuttered.....Piru windows
Me and her still browsing
Dénouement score by de Troutman
Savion Glover when I'm counting

Instead of poets, you motherfuckers begat accountants
Mach whispered, "how the gat sounded?"
Holy grail, frail chalice
Palace shook while the artillery pounded
Break every idol on your fuckin' mountain

And of course the rhyme scheme on this with "on" sound or "ain" sound.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
His manager posted their address on Instagram yesterday apparently.

Pretty damn sad, he was already blowing up in NY and had so much potential. RIP

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't pay attention to other genres as much as rap but do other genre artists really be dropping like rappers do. ODs, murders. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.