• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

Swizz says DMX got re-signed to Def Jam and has a new album with Swizz production on the way, they canned the old one.

I gotta say, the way that Swizz has been there for X all through his trials and tribulations and continues to be is heartwarming, especially given how huge Swizz has become.

IDK if X can really get in the zone again to make me love him as much as I did in my teenage years, but I want the dude to prosper at the very least.

I really like how Swizz has been taking care of him.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Benny The Butcher live last night and I recommend doing the same if you get the chance. Excellent.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
21ndlnzea5n31.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's real good. Complex and disorienting but still smooth and cohesive. All the small ideas and samples woven in takes it to another level with repeat listens. Great headphones album, perfect with a smoke first thing in the morning, and it definitely bumps in the whip

It really reminds me of a lot of early brainfeeder stuff. Just a lot of producers taking smooth samples and chopping it up.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
nz era tell us bout the ameer project

Glock 19 is hard. Overall though it doesn't strike me as super interesting. He's still an extremely competent rapper, but the production is kinda generic overall and it's a lot of "I don't have any friends, people talk shit, it's hard to change" throughout.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nz era tell us bout the ameer project
just @ me fam 😈

rt tho I've been listening to Charli non-stop after the last big summer festival lineup was announced this morning. I think Charli and Earl is gonna clash so I'll probably have to miss the latter but it's a no-brainer choice for me who to see.

One song in and Emmanuel is the classic minimal-beat, bars-type song but in 2019 I expect a beat using just an 808 to be much more interesting. Sure you want the rapping to come first and not be overpowered but may as well go acapella tbh lol.

edit: Los Angeles and Plastic are the best tracks imo. CoolOff is on the money here re: content matter.

Last edited:

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Glock 19 is hard. Overall though it doesn't strike me as super interesting. He's still an extremely competent rapper, but the production is kinda generic overall and it's a lot of "I don't have any friends, people talk shit, it's hard to change" throughout.

sounds underwhelming damn

One song in and Emmanuel is the classic minimal-beat, bars-type song but in 2019 I expect a beat using just an 808 to be much more interesting. Sure you want the rapping to come first and not be overpowered but may as well go acapella tbh lol.

edit: Los Angeles and Plastic are the best tracks imo. CoolOff is on the money here re: content matter.

ameer vann: triggered netflix special soon.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ameer always struck me as the rapper who stood out. Maybe it's voice and delivery. And even tho he tends to talk about similar shit I'm actually enjoying this more than the last two Brock albums. Only rapper I really care for now on that group is Matt.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Ameer is decent, but it isn't good enough to ignore allegations of sexual assault and sleeping with minors. (I doubt any project could be THAT good.)

If you take that away from this project, it's just okay. Nothing here does anything for me, and it feels more like a cluster of tracks than something meant to be a indication of who Ameer the artist is outside of BH. The lyrics definitely stay in his wheelhouse of mental health worries, childhood recollections, and acting like a gangster, now with added drug references. It's decent, but I have no desire to revisit this project. "Emmanuel" is the most intriguing track on here, if only for the sparse production.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, sounds like the rest of Brockhampton were partially in the know about his fuckery - wasn't aware of that. Ah well, *SUGAR on repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.