• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't even a lot of those b sides so I'm down.

I always love b side collections.

Pixies have a dope one. The Replacements too.

Of course the Beatles (not really b sides but still)

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hong Kong from D-sides >>>

There's also the Emotion B-sides and the Target bonus tracks which still aren't streamable ; ^ ;

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
what song should I sing at this karoake dive bar brehs?
You ain't the one for me, baby
You ain't got shit I need, bitch
You want me to take my time with you
Well maybe I'm not your speed, bitch
Maybe I'm out your league, bitch
You ain't even got no cheese, bitch
Maybe I'm just too G for you
Or maybe I'm just too street, bitch

I CANT EVEN ROLL IN PEACE
ERRYBODY NOTICE ME

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Jai really gonna get the exposure of being on the opener of Drakes only classic album.
rejoice.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even a lot of those b sides so I'm down.

I always love b side collections.

Pixies have a dope one. The Replacements too.

Of course the Beatles (not really b sides but still)
Its sad a lot of artists don't really release B-sides anymore.

The B-sides and rough sketches of an artist are always intriguing to listen to. (see: Radiohead and their crazy amount of B-sides as well as the 16-hour minidisc)

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I missed listening these Drake loosies since moving onto streaming platforms. That era between 2011-2014 is peak Drake

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Black Milk is vibing recently. DiVE tosses more melodies into this fluid political/jazz rap/boom bap/Detroit electronic fusion he's been building for a few projects now. Very smooth, great percussion.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Is Jai Paul the only one brave enough to have someone on the intro track of his album get his name wrong?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa I didn't expect this Chance album to be this inconsistent.

First few songs had me like what are y'all talking about, this is some good Colouring Book-esque shit, then it took a damn nose dive with Hot Shower, then the next few tracks were alright, then there's a few tracks where Chance just doesn't rhyme the last line with the most logical word to end the current line (one of the most frustrating things a rapper can do to the listener - I'm looking at you Roo and 5 Year Plan), then up and down and then up and down.

That overall makes it decisively bad to me, but if the general sentiment is that there's nothing of worth here, I don't agree with that either. If that Smino joint was on a Smino album, people would be using this song to say how much better he is than Chance. It's mostly Chance' raps that are letting it down, the production is good to fantastic throughout, even if the style goes left sometimes suddenly.

Songs like Do You Remember, Eternal, We Go High, I Got You (Always and Forever), Handsome, Get A Bag, Slide Around, and Sun Come Down make it so that it isn't unsalvageable. Not that any of those are terribly exceptional, but they're not boring or outright bad.. for that we have songs like Hot Shower, Roo, The Big Day, 5 Year Plan, Ballin Flossin etc. Slide Around and Sun Come Down are the highlights, if there are any.

Care package best drake project since NWTS.
No question.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

First few songs had me like what are y'all talking about, this is some good Colouring Book-esque shit, then it took a damn nose dive with Hot Shower, then the next few tracks were alright, then there's a few tracks where Chance just doesn't rhyme the last line with the most logical word to end the current line (one of the most frustrating things a rapper can do to the listener - I'm looking at you Roo and 5 Year Plan), then up and down and then up and down.

That overall makes it decisively bad to me, but if the general sentiment is that there's nothing of worth here, I don't agree with that either. If that Smino joint was on a Smino album, people would be using this song to say how much better he is than Chance. It's mostly Chance' raps that are letting it down, the production is good to fantastic throughout, even if the style goes left sometimes suddenly.

Songs like Do You Remember, Eternal, We Go High, I Got You (Always and Forever), Handsome, Get A Bag, Slide Around, and Sun Come Down make it so that it isn't unsalvageable. Not that any of those are terribly exceptional, but they're not boring or outright bad.. for that we have songs like Hot Shower, Roo, The Big Day, 5 Year Plan, Ballin Flossin etc. Slide Around and Sun Come Down are the highlights, if there are any.

No question.
pretty much agree with this. after a few listens i think it's decent to nice outside of a few tracks. production is smooth as usual with the Neo Chicago wave. Coloring Book was more consistent tho.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
TAT MY FUCKIN NAME ON IT SO I KNOW ITS REAL
The amount of instantly regrettable tattoos this song was responsible for is unfathomable.

Last edited:

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017

as someone who recently graduated from college and is now starting my career, Do You Remember hit me real hard

and then Hot Shower came on

Status
Not open for further replies.