• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
where's the apology for the misery she inflicted on the people of Libya when she spearheaded that blatantly illegal military action

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
yep! neoliberoalism will save us. it's gonna change everything

edit:
i voted for HIlary in 2016 tbh. just think this blind support is garbo

it's not just about supporting who is thenom. The nom represents the WHOLE parties platform. You all really get all wrapped up in who is president and notabout wtf the party is running on. Look at what they ran on after the convention here And please understand that party unity is more than just who is president.

Having party unity is crucial not only for president but also down ticket so anything at all depressing votes like slow endorsements hurts the whole party.

you tell me how neo-lib this party plan was in 2016. Whichim sure very few people actually read. When voting for president you are voting for the parties platform not the personality behind it.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lol @ the "what about her behavior in 2008!" like we can pretend there haven't been big lessons since then and no one is responsible for learning them

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
My big takeaway from this is that I'm really looking forward to seeing what Democrats like her and Obama will have to say about "party unity" when Bernie gets the nomination.

It's so sad to hear her story about not taking the Clinton last name when she was an attorney in Arkansas. She's been literally beat down on every decision she makes just because she's a woman. Fucking awful.

regardless of your opinion of her, she speaks eloquently and would have made a damn good president.
She would've been a disastrous President, and potentially worse than Trump in matters like foreign affairs.

"Speaking eloquently" is a worthless currency.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary would've been a good president, but she completely dropped the ball on campaigning. She has no one to blame but herself (and I guess Russia).

Oct 25, 2017
My big takeaway from this is that I'm really looking forward to seeing what Democrats like her and Obama will have to say about "party unity" when Bernie gets the nomination.

She would've been a disastrous President, and potentially worse than Trump in matters like foreign affairs.

Good god.

Oct 25, 2017

Hard nope, once again.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
People go a tad crazy every time her name comes up, I can't remember anything like this. By page two she, in some aspects, would have been a worse president than Trump according to a poster. The fuck? It's like 0-60 instantly.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017

lol. Oh, God. Fuck no. Not like it matters, but I don't even see how she could. You could pick any poster in this thread (myself included) who could probably be a more qualified president than this guy.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's not just about supporting who is thenom. The nom represents the WHOLE parties platform. You all really get all wrapped up in who is president and notabout wtf the party is running on. Look at what they ran on after the convention here And please understand that party unity is more than just who is president.

Having party unity is crucial not only for president but also down ticket so anything at all depressing votes like slow endorsements hurts the whole party.

you tell me how neo-lib this party plan was in 2016. Whichim sure very few people actually read. When voting for president you are voting for the parties platform not the personality behind it.

The words don't matter when the majority of the party is at the whim of the rich. The Democratic party still represents the rich. If it didn't, it wouldn't be a neoliberal party.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

This ain't it chief. Nothing says she would have been exemplary, or even good. But cmon now.... Lets keep it real.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bolded doesn't get said enough around here. You're absolutely right. The foreign policy of that wing of the party is just trash.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

No. Just no. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care for Hillary Clinton. I don't like her. I voted for her, but I don't care for her at all, and this opinion right here still blew my mind. wtf.

Clinton would not have put children in concentration camps, where they're being traumatized and abused by the thousands. She wouldn't have betrayed the Kurds and left them to slaughter just to suck up to Erdogan and Putin.

I don't know if these ideas are just bubbling up naturally from mineral spring in your mind or if you're absorbing them from elsewhere. If so, please switch up your media diet. Something is really wrong here.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Bolded doesn't get said enough around here. You're absolutely right. The foreign policy of that wing of the party is just trash.

Doesnt get said because its absolute madness. ABSOLUTE madness. You have clearly lost the plot if you are claiming Trump and the right wings foreign policy is better than the Democrats in this country. That entire statement is nonsense.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

You know what? This take is sizzling, but deceptively incisive. Trump's foreign policy is an unmitigated trainwreck, but long term Hillary's veneer of respectability would have prolonged the post-Iraq status quo of drone-based interventionism that treats brown life abroad as utterly disposable. Trump's sheer ignorance and brutality has ripped apart that veneer, and the US's soft power has tremendously diminished as well. As a consequence, foreign policy has to prioritize presenting an ethical face globally-- and with the degradation of the intelligence apparatus, the ability of the states to engage in narrative control is diminished. It's entirely possible Trump, through his sheer incompetence, may sunset the American imperialist project.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
JFC. Are you serious?
I mean, it's cute to be appalled by my assertion because Trump is the one in power, but history proves that Hillary would've also supported the coups in Venezuela and Bolivia, and she would've also acted beat by beat the same way towards Saudi Arabia. She probably would've skipped the Jerusalem embassy debacle, but she would've still supported Israel at every turn just like him.

Iran, on the other hand... I wouldn't have wanted to see how she'd deal with that.

As a non-American who watched what the Clintons do abroad while in power with great personal interest, I stand by what I said.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should've taken him seriously. Them portraying Trump as a harmless buffoon is what got him the nomination. Your disingenuous take on this is appalling. Be better.

Nothing disingenuous about it. Your reframing of it is what's disingenuous, but I'm assuming you know that.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's cute to be appalled by my assertion because Trump is the one in power, but history proves that Hillary would've also supported the coups in Venezuela and Bolivia, and she would've also acted beat by beat the same way towards Saudi Arabia. She probably would've skipped the Jerusalem embassy debacle, but she would've still supported Israel at every turn just like him.

Iran, on the other hand... I wouldn't have wanted to see how she'd deal with that.

As a non-American who watched what the Clintons do abroad while in power with great personal interest, I stand by what I said.

and what about our current president who is collapsing our relationships with our most key allies all the while cozying up to dictators? Clinton absolutely would have had to make difficult stances across the countries you memotioned but also wouldn't have undermined our credibility across the global powers of Germany, France, Britain, Japan, and Canada.
Your take is a shitty one.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Clinton would not have put children in concentration camps, where they're being traumatized and abused by the thousands. She wouldn't have betrayed the Kurds and left them to slaughter just to suck up to Erdogan and Putin.
Trump just ramped up an Obama era policy. His invention was the family separation. She absolutely would have put children in concentration camps.

Nov 13, 2017
That clip was really good, OP.

I think of those 3 million votes, and of the children locked in literal cages at the border, and it hurts.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, we'd so trade Trump cozying up to dictators and strongmen, hiring conservative eschatologists who actively want to start world war three in the middle east over her. Got it. As someone who lived abroad during the Clinton years, too, I disagree vehemently.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie should have taken the ferry out to Martha's Vineyard a few times to help drum up support from her base.

Jehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Trump just ramped up an Obama era policy. His invention was the family separation. She absolutely would have put children in concentration camps.

What? You think Hillary would have put children in cages with the Fox News crowd and progressive Democrats both more than likely crucifying her for it?

Seriously, the hate that Hillary gets for stuff she didn't do or wouldn't ever do is really astounding.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Russia, Khashoggi, Families ripped apart and dead bodies beside their parents floating at the border, escalating tensions with allies and being a general fucking POS......

But thank god for Trump, we could have had a Democrat in the House. Now THAT would have been horrifying for our foreign relations?

Nah, I'mma head out
Qgnz2rc.png

I know this woman makes some people irrationally angry but I'm not here for this.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
No. Just no. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care for Hillary Clinton. I don't like her. I voted for her, but I don't care for her at all, and this opinion right here still blew my mind. wtf.

I don't know if these ideas are just bubbling up naturally from mineral spring in your mind or if you're absorbing them from elsewhere. If so, please switch up your media diet. Something is really wrong here.
Bill Clinton sold Turkey weapons that were specifically used to murder tens of thousands of Kurds during his presidency. The US has betrayed and will continue to betray the Kurds unless someone revolutionizes the country's foreign policy and focus. Hillary was not going to be the one to do that.

You're right about concentration camps.

Save the patronizing tone, though, please.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
and what about our current president who is collapsing our relationships with our most key allies all the while cozying up to dictators? Clinton absolutely would have had to make difficult stances across the countries you memotioned but also wouldn't have undermined our credibility across the global powers of Germany, France, Britain, Japan, and Canada.
Your take is a shitty one.
The maintenance of the US' overwhelming soft power amongst NATO allies is really not a concern I share with you. That seems like a big difference of perspective you should account for.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017

Would she have straight-up abandoned allies like the Kurds in the Middle East to appease the wants of a dictator? Would she have sustained a policy of detaining people at the border and separating kids from their parents?

She would not have been perfect but she wouldn't be close to Trump's level of ineptitude and thoughtlessness when it comes to foreign policy.

She also wouldn't have strip-mined the state department of all knowledgeable staff/ambassadors or used them to influence US elections/primaries through foreign intermediaries.

The damage Trump has done won't be immediate. It will be a long, slow recovery in terms of staffing, relations, and policy even if the left obtains and retains power for an extended period of time.

Oct 31, 2017

This is a JOKE right?

Worse than Trump?

The guy who buddies up with, and defends, dictators? Such as Un, because he's "nice" to Trump?

The guy who fucks up relations with literally all of our allies?

The guy who is Putin's puppet?

Stop visiting right wing websites lol

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Only thing I miss about Sirius XM are these interviews. Howard does such thorough interviews and gets people to open up.

Well, that and the 70s and 80s channels when in the country and your options are jesus and country.

Gluka

Oct 25, 2017
A free Kurdistan in Northern Syria was a pretty open FP goal from Obama and I think it's silly to pretend HRC would have signed off on wholesale destruction given how much it has empowered our contemporary global enemies and ESPECIALLY because all of the heavy lifting had already been done to get there.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Whoa, I've gotta check this out.

This is a JOKE right?

Worse than Trump?

The guy who buddies up with, and defends, dictators? Such as Un, because he's "nice" to Trump?

I dunno, the president who's currently being impeached for bribing a foreign government to sling mud at a political rival seems pretty solid on foreign policy to me. He's a laughing stock among foreign leaders because they're all jealous of his efficacy, surely.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take Hillary over Biden right now.

Yupper! The one thing I can say about Hillary Clinton is that even now I think she would handle the office better than anyone in the current democratic field. Not that I agree with her on policy but I don't agree with most with a chance at holding that office. I must be getting old, I'm advocating for Hillary Clinton.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
This is a JOKE right?

Worse than Trump?

This is a common leftist position actually. I don't know any leftists who like Hillary Clinton, sorry.
Brazil is being very clear with their politics.
Yeah he is, his leftist and anti imperalist politics.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stern asked Clinton if she was "upset" with how long it took Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, a Democratic primary opponent to Clinton in 2016, to endorse her after she won the nomination.
"No, disappointed," Clinton answered. "And I hope he doesn't do it again to whoever gets the nomination."
"Once is enough. We have to join forces," Clinton continued, agreeing with Stern that he could've endorsed her quicker, and in not doing so that "there's no doubt about it, he hurt me."

I think instead of eating food to sustain herself she must be this weird alien species that gets nutrition out of not ever taking any blame for any single fucking thing ever.

She should have taken the hint when she made an absolute public fool of herself in 2016. There is literally nothing meaningful or worthwhile or good to be taken from anything she has to say at this point. Go the fuck away Hillary, and stay away.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yupper! The one thing I can say about Hillary Clinton is that even now I think she would handle the office better than anyone in the current democratic field. Not that I agree with her on policy but I don't agree with most with a chance at holding that office. I must be getting old, I'm advocating for Hillary Clinton.
She would have been a solid president. Too bad politics is largely a popularity contest judged on qualities that have little to nothing to do with how good a candidate would be at their job.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This statement is insane
He means disastrous for the rest of the planet. Trump mostly hurts america by distancing it from its allies and trading partners. It's not insane to argue that the resulting weakening of american influence that came from the Trump presidency was less bad than a continuation of existing pre-2016 policy. Trumps consistent undermining of American interests abroad is more of a feature than a bug for the people who often find themselves under Americas boot.

Oct 25, 2017
He means disastrous for the rest of the planet. Trump mostly hurts america by distancing it from its allies and trading partners. It's not insane to argue that the resulting weakening of american influence that came from the Trump presidency was less bad than a continuation of existing pre-2016 policy. Trumps consistent undermining of American interests abroad is more of a feature than a bug for the people who often find themselves under Americas boot.
Or not even under America's boot, but who want to rise in her place.

Status
Not open for further replies.