• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Howard has been a long time vocal supporter of Hillary but I'm honestly shocked she finally came on the show for an interview. Some highlights:

Stern asked Clinton if she was "upset" with how long it took Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, a Democratic primary opponent to Clinton in 2016, to endorse her after she won the nomination.
"No, disappointed," Clinton answered. "And I hope he doesn't do it again to whoever gets the nomination."
"Once is enough. We have to join forces," Clinton continued, agreeing with Stern that he could've endorsed her quicker, and in not doing so that "there's no doubt about it, he hurt me."

Clinton continued to discuss Trump's inauguration day, calling it one of the hardest days of her life. When elaborating on Trump's "bizarre" speech, Clinton recalled former President George W. Bush leaning over and telling her, "Well, that was some weird s--t."

This was Clinton's first time appearing on Stern's show. She has made frequent media appearances the last few months to promote the book. During one interview, she said the "gutsiest" personal thing she's ever done was "stay in my marriage."
Stern pressed her on staying in the public eye, asking her if she would ever want to go into "full seclusion."
She responded that "would only delight my adversaries, so I would never do that."

Update:
The full interview is up on YouTube:

Last edited:

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She was disappointed that Bernie took a bit to endorse her? Shit, he campaigned more than her in an attempt to make her president.

Oct 28, 2017
Nice interview but she's giving me a pounding headache. Back Warren or Sanders or prepare to go down with the biden or booty judge band wagon. Minorities hate booty judge and biden is almost as senile as trump.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna give the whole interview a listen later in the week... Stern interviews are usually fantastic.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
Watched a couple of the clips that were posted to Howard's YouTube channel, but I haven't had a chance to listen to the full interview yet. I don't listen to Howard as much as I used to, but his interviews are always top-notch.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Did she take literally any responsibility for not connecting with voters?
She was disappointed that Bernie took a bit to endorse her? Shit, he campaigned more than her in an attempt to make her president.
When she said, "there's no doubt about it, he hurt me", she meant emotionally.

The Clintons value loyalty in a way similar to [redacted unflattering comparison]

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Just about everyone was disappointed. It was talked about constantly until he finally did it. The shit was WAY over long before he did. Whether or not it actually hurt her campaign can't be known. But people were definitely wondering what the hold up was. And I definitely don't want to see that shit again, no matter who ends up winning. Once the nom is clear, swallow your pride and band together IMMEDIATELY.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
"Disappointed."

If only he was as big a person as she is. I remember how gracious she was in defeat in 2008, when she threw in the towel and walked hand-in-hand with Obama in a harmonious, friendly stroll to the white house.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Should also point out that when she was running for President last time they tried to get her on the show constantly and she always declined.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just about everyone was disappointed. It was talked about constantly until he finally did it. The shit was WAY over long before he did. Whether or not it actually hurt her campaign can't be known. But people were definitely wondering what the hold up was. And I definitely don't want to see that shit again, no matter who ends up winning. Once the nom is clear, swallow your pride and band together IMMEDIATELY.
fall in line with the neo liberals

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
fall in line with the neo liberals

Whatever you have to tell yourself. I don't care. No squabbling at the finish line when its time to get that orange fuck out of the office. Drop out, endorse, then name call each other and play "No true scottsman liberal" behind the goddamn scenes.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever you have to tell yourself. I don't care. No squabbling at the finish line when its time to get that orange fuck out of the office. Drop out, endorse, then name call each other and play "No true scottsman liberal" behind the goddamn scenes.
Well i am as liberal as they come. but if it comes down to a neo liberal or TRUMP/Republican?! You fucking pick the "neo-liberal!"

yep! neoliberoalism will save us. it's gonna change everything

edit:
i voted for HIlary in 2016 tbh. just think this blind support is garbo

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
She's on a media tour for a book. There is no evidence that she's even considering it and it seems like the only people are bringing it up aren't doing it in good faith.
I don't care what other people are or aren't doing. She's outright played coy about it in several other interviews she has done during this tour when asked outright, so I definitely think it's something she's at the very least considering, and potentially actively thinking about.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
A 2019 Hillary Clinton interview in which she talks about George W. Bush behind the curtains and whines about Bernie (who campaigned hard and went above and beyond for her, especially compared to her 2008 shitshow). What a treat.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys remember when HRC didn't drop out of the primaries because Obama could have been assassinated like Robert Kennedy.

Oct 27, 2017
People in here real slow on the pick up, thinking that her more frequent interviews have anything to do with a Presidential run.

She's promoting a book.

Please join us back in reality.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a friendly reminder to anyone that wants to get mad at Sanders for spreading a message when he, like everyone else, thought that Trump couldn't win :

During the Republican Primaries Hilary Clinton's and her campaign reached out to news organizations asking them to take Trump seriously and make him appear credible.

Clinton and her team knowingly and actively aided, encouraged, and legitimately sought to legitimize a known racist, xenophobe, and fascist. They intentionally and eagerly signal boosted his influence, message, and power, —consequences and collateral damage to minorities be damned— because they thought it would make it easier for them to win an election

www.politico.com

They Always Wanted Trump

Inside Team Clinton’s year-long struggle to find a strategy against the opponent they were most eager to face.

There's are a million things that went into Trump beating Clinton, much more impactful than Sanders running out the clock to spread a message. He also campaigned his ass off for her in the GE and SAnders voters turned out for Hilary in larger numbers than Hilary voters ever turned out for Obama.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Just a friendly reminder to anyone that wants to get mad at Sanders for spreading a message when he, like everyone else, thought that Trump couldn't win :

During the Republican Primaries Hilary Clinton's and her campaign reached out to news organizations asking them to take Trump seriously and make him appear credible.

Clinton and her team knowingly and actively aided, encouraged, and legitimately sought to legitimize a known racist, xenophobe, and fascist. They intentionally and eagerly signal boosted his influence, message, and power, —consequences and collateral damage to minorities be damned— because they thought it would make it easier for them to win an election

www.politico.com

They Always Wanted Trump

Inside Team Clinton’s year-long struggle to find a strategy against the opponent they were most eager to face.
Is Hillary a russian asset?

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
She goes around pointing things that hurt her like she barely lost the title fight to 1984 Reagan or something.

Hillary, you lost to fucking Donald Trump. This guy talked about his penis onstage during a debate. One month before the election he had his grab em by the pussy tape revealed. I don't care that Bernie took a month to endorse you. Shit like that doesn't really matter.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care what other people are or aren't doing. She's outright played coy about it in several other interviews she has done during this tour when asked outright, so I definitely think it's something she's at the very least considering, and potentially actively thinking about.

But you're wrong and again arguing in bad faith. She has said multiple times in RECENT weeks that she is not running.

Oct 31, 2017
This woman has been vilified to hell and back. I'm honestly astonished that she's able to even do this. Y'all really need to cut her a little bit of slack.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I personally remember being concerned at the time that he took so long. So yeah, Bernie had his usual delayed sense of urgency. It was like the third or fourth time I had serious regrets for voting for him in the Ohio primary. I won't make that mistake again.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
It's so sad to hear her story about not taking the Clinton last name when she was an attorney in Arkansas. She's been literally beat down on every decision she makes just because she's a woman. Fucking awful.

regardless of your opinion of her, she speaks eloquently and would have made a damn good president.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

www.politico.com

They Always Wanted Trump

There's are a million things that went into Trump beating Clinton, much more impactful than Sanders running out the clock to spread a message. He also campaigned his ass off for her in the GE and SAnders voters turned out for Hilary in larger numbers than Hilary voters ever turned out for Obama.

They should've taken him seriously. Them portraying Trump as a harmless buffoon is what got him the nomination. Your disingenuous take on this is appalling. Be better.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I personally remember being concerned at the time that he took so long. So yeah, Bernie had his usual delayed sense of urgency. It was like the third or fourth time I had serious regrets for voting for him in the Ohio primary. I won't make that mistake again.
"delayed sense of urgency" isn't something I hear Sanders criticized for often

Status
Not open for further replies.