• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think she's right?

• Yes

Votes: 406 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 204 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You say this as if 95% of the party isn't a corporate Democrat and it's ok for Dems to publicly out members who aren't to the center enough. Meanwhile, you have Dem leadership (Biden) being caught red handed actually dealing and taking money from foreign governments but not publicizing any of it

Ok, who's alt account is this?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It never ceases to amuse me how tilted Hillary makes people just by continuing to exist, especially when it's suggested that there were external forces that contributed to her loss.

Like, note that I said "contributed" because even as a Clinton supporter I acknowledge that there were many problems of her (or her campaign's) own making.

And these are often Sanders supporters in 2016 who will tell you (if you have the time) that the DNC's preference for Clinton was the sole reason he lost, despite the fundamental issue with his campaign writing off black votes in the South completely after getting blown out in South Carolina.
do you think she's right here? of accusing a presidential candidate of being a groomed Russian operative??? or is it like: "she's wrong, but you shouldn't care about it?" I'm also not super sure what Bernie has to do with any of this?

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Sanctions that Trump is looking to take back and these new 7.5 billion EU tariffs also help Russia.

And while Trump definitely in cahoots with Israel and SA, he is more so with Russia even before his presidency. You made the original claim, the evidence was provided disproving your claim and now we await your receipts on how Trump isn't in cahoots/lap dog of Russia.
I'd agree he was in cahoots with them before his presidency, but on a business level with the Russian oligarchs. He's a corrupted businessman and he's without a doubt a criminal.
No on disproved anything, I personally believe that given what I've posted and what others have posted he hasn't done anything that by definition can label him as a "lapdog".
But then again, I wasn't clear with my first post because I didn't expect a lot of responses (no bait I really didn't lol).

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
That's true both suck, but also, overstating the power of Russia is also serving Putin's bidding.

America should defend itself against interference in elections, but this goes for any nation or non-elected corporate power operating within the United States.

I am of the opinion every election in the world has had interference from foreign powers dating back to Kennedy and beyond.

The thing about the Red Scare is not a question of if there were Communists, or people with aligning views with communists, or people who actually as spies for Russia during WWII living in the US and working in the government at many levels. All those things were true.

The folly of those years was corrupt failure of due process for political means and a complete overstatement and inflation of the USSR's reach for political means. It's the type of thing which makes horrific wars like Vietnam seem to be the right move, because you can't win votes if your opponent calls you a Pinko or says you are weak on the Reds.

Russia should not have this amount of influence over US affairs. Their entire purpose and goal is to re-gain influence. Putin's selling point is restoring Russian pride and glory after the USA neutered them with their own puppet ruler as the USA created regional alliances to prevent Russia from capitalizing on their Global advantages and previous reach.
I don't think anything is being overstated? Acknowledging and being aware of the threat of election meddling is just stating the facts. They got the result they wanted in 2016 and they will try again; and if that means propping up a 'preferred' Democratic candidate like Tulsi, they will do so. American intelligence community has confirmed these facts. Also Hillary isn't running 2020, this isn't about her like your original post aspersed. I don't like the comparison to McCarthyism. Hillary didn't mention Tulsi; we're assuming Tulsi because Tulsi's fucking wack and everyone knows it. Hillary is also smarter about this stuff than any of us likely ever will be, so while I appreciate the history lesson and all, I'm pretty sure she doesn't need it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd agree he was in cahoots with them before his presidency, but on a business level with the Russian oligarchs. He's a corrupted businessman and he's without a doubt a criminal.
No on disproved anything, I personally believe that given what I've posted and what others have posted he hasn't done anything that by definition can label him as a "lapdog".
But then again, I wasn't clear with my first post because I didn't expect a lot of responses (no bait I really didn't lol).
So far Trump has done more in the interest of himself and Russia than the interest of the country. That should tell you all you need to know about where Trump is at foreign policy wise.

Almost all of the previous citations given were about politics not business related.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
do you think she's right here? of accusing a presidential candidate of being a groomed Russian operative??? or is it like: "she's wrong, but you shouldn't care about it?" I'm also not super sure what Bernie has to do with any of this?
Because a lot of people get really tilted that bernie continues to exist.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
do you think she's right here?
yes

of accusing a presidential candidate of being a groomed Russian operative???
yup

although technically she didn't call Gabbard a Russian operative, she said "she" was their favorite candidate. And in fact there's already proof of this

or is it like: "she's wrong, but you shouldn't care about it?"
nope

I'm also not super sure what Bernie has to do with any of this?
commenting on the people in this thread who would rather scream about how she didn't campaign in Michigan than refute any of her points

Oct 25, 2017
You say this as if 95% of the party isn't a corporate Democrat and it's ok for Dems to publicly out members who aren't to the center enough. Meanwhile, you have Dem leadership (Biden) being caught red handed actually dealing and taking money from foreign governments but not publicizing any of it
Is this about the unsubstantiated Derkach claim that's being spread around?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes

yup

although technically she didn't call Gabbard a Russian operative, she said "she" was their favorite candidate. And in fact there's already proof of this

nope

commenting on the people in this thread who would rather scream about how she didn't campaign in Michigan than refute any of her points
yes. I rephrased her comments. Also Im not a fan of Tulsi anyway; so I have no stake in defending her besides thinking that it's probably not appropriate to have said it (lol like we all know she meant Tulsi).

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
I'll continue quoting your ignorance and attempts to move goal posts. I suspect others will too and we'll all be very busy. Cleaning up your bullshit is becoming quite an effort.
Yea I'm ignorant because I expressed my opinions in relation to his foreign policy, all which is public information not something I cooked up like those MAGA weirdos.

I'm sooo ignorant that I accepted other viewpoints and have said I was wrong in the way I worded my first comment.
Oh look Mr.Clean is going to make it his duty to "clean up my BS" by personally attacking me instead of, you know, posting links/evidence to support your argument?
You don't rattle me Mr.Clean.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I don't think anything is being overstated? Acknowledging and being aware of the threat of election meddling is just stating the facts. They got the result they wanted in 2016 and they will try again; and if that means propping up a 'preferred' Democratic candidate like Tulsi, they will do so. American intelligence community has confirmed these facts. Also Hillary isn't running 2020, this isn't about her like your original post aspersed. I don't like the comparison to McCarthyism. Hillary didn't mention Tulsi; we're assuming Tulsi because Tulsi's fucking wack and everyone knows it. Hillary is also smarter about this stuff than any of us likely ever will be, so while I appreciate the history lesson and all, I'm pretty sure she doesn't need it.
And it's not like if a Gabbard third-party run happened that Russia would be putting all their eggs in the Tusli basket. They're going to push on every division they can, they're going to push misinformation, they're going to attack the winning candidate, they're going to feed right-wing media.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
It's very clearly Tulsi -- if she's not an op ala Jill Stein (to her voters: congrats on the dupage), Tulsi is clearly their favourite candidate. Doesn't have a snowball's chance in winning but can play enough of a spoiler/dampener in important states for some "anyone but the establishment/primary winner" camp.

All you need is a Guccifer-style dump for this idiocy to repeat itself.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
trump is absolutely compromised by Saudi Arabia- turkey and potentially Israel but those are small potatoes compared to how deeply indebted he is to Vladimir Putin- so I take zero issue with you suggesting he's compromised by those actors but dismiss with prejudice your baffling refusal to accept extremely well documented and investigated problems with his Russian alignment and to be blunt the fact that you're giving detailed responses on specific pipeline stories but ignoring the 2016 election or the multiple attempts to eliminate sanctions or weird obfuscation of Putin meetings or the condo and property laundering or the Deutschebank problems and more- is extremely bizarre.

it's like a mechanic who just jetted a carburetor and drained a radiator scratching his head at a lugnut.
I'm already aware of the things he has done for Russia but I'm trying to say that has has also a lot of things that work against them as well. I already agreed that the 2016 collusion was fact not fiction. But I guess what I'm saying doesn't even matter since he's willing to compromise the US so easily and readily.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm ignorant because I expressed my opinions in relation to his foreign policy, all which is public information not something I cooked up like those MAGA weirdos.

I'm sooo ignorant that I accepted other viewpoints and have said I was wrong in the way I worded my first comment.
Oh look Mr.Clean is going to make it his duty to "clean up my BS" by personally attacking me instead of, you know, posting links/evidence to support your argument?
You don't rattle me Mr.Clean.

You don't know what you're talking about and you're trying hard to make it seem like you just misspoke or communicated poorly. No one believes you.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
How would someone refute her points? You would literally need to proof a negative.
Ok, but it's not like she said "Tulsi's an alien, you can't prove otherwise!" There are enough legitimate concerns people have raised about Gabbard either in her words or actions that point to someone who is being (willingly or otherwise) used by Russian disinformation campaigns to stir up trouble in the primary.

Same for Stein, really. It's in the Mueller Report itself that those same campaigns encouraged people to vote third party (Stein, specifically) instead of Clinton. The only debatable aspect of that, like Gabbard, is how involved Stein was in that effort or if she was just a useful idiot, neither of which is a good look for her.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
She brought up Hillary by name a few times during the debate, and I thought it was weird. I'm now wondering if she didn't do it to trigger a certain type of person

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and Antagonizing Other Users Over Multiple Posts in this Thread
You don't know what you're talking about and you're trying hard to make it seem like you just misspoke or communicated poorly. No one believes you.
I don't care what you believe Mr. Clean. The man that posted no substance is calling me out for not "knowing what I'm talking about". Do you want to state any other grievances Mr.Clean?

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but it's not like she said "Tulsi's an alien, you can't prove otherwise!" There are enough legitimate concerns people have raised about Gabbard either in her words or actions that point to someone who is being (willingly or otherwise) used by Russian disinformation campaigns to stir up trouble in the primary.

Same for Stein, really. It's in the Mueller Report itself that those same campaigns encouraged people to vote third party (Stein, specifically) instead of Clinton. The only debatable aspect of that, like Gabbard, is how involved Stein was in that effort or if she was just a useful idiot, neither of which is a good look for her.
But isn't this 99% on Clinton for being shit (in the minds of those voters) instead of Stein being good. Russia didn't make HRC the most disliked candidate, unless...

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Yes, we think shes right about Tulsi, are you reading the thread or just the title (let me guess).

Its super obvious too if you have followed Tulsi.

Have you followed Tulsi at all?

Its also helpful that it was pointed out this way. Because it all will blow hugely if Tulsi tries this shit too.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wait, which allegation are you referring to here?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care what you believe Mr. Clean. The man that posted no substance is calling me out for not "knowing what I'm talking about". Do you want to state any other grievances Mr.Clean?

Spend the effort and read up on the situation. Start with the Mueller Report. At the very least, read articles and analysis by serious people (and not "serious" people). Anyone saying Trump wasn't or isn't influenced by Russia or that it's no big deal should be ignored for the sake of time. Reevaluate them after studying so you can more fully understand why those takes are garbage.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
But isn't this 99% on Clinton for being shit (in the minds of those voters) instead of Stein being good. Russia didn't make HRC the most disliked candidate, unless...
Literally none of this contradicts Clinton's point that Russian operatives boosted Stein's candidacy.

It doesn't matter how much of an influence it ultimately had on the election, the point is that they still did it. That is irrefutable.

Even so, Clinton's favorability ratings were barely underwater in June 2015, when she first announced her run for president and when Russian troll farms started attacking her on social media. Within months she settled into the 40-55 trend she was at for most of the election. Are you sure that isn't a coincidence?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't need it, because she was supporting Red-baiting candidates back in the 60s.

Also, the intelligence community provided no proof to make these kinds of accusations against Tulsi Gabbard. Also, part of growing up in the United States is understanding un-substantiated Intelligence reports or anonymous intelligence sources are not something to hold up. The Intelligence Community as they like to be called uses the America press to pass along information all the time they know is not true. They denied and lied about their surveillance apparatus, South American coups, and will say and do anything to further America's global powers.

I 100% believe Russia used bots to prop up candidates against Hillary Clinton. The internet can be used in this way by any person, sovereign government, or NGO to further a cause or impugn a world leader. Adversarial powers will use these means to project soft power.

Tulsi is bad and she shouldn't be running, but implying she is working directly with Russia and is disloyal to the United States is a bridge too far without actual proof.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tulsi Gabbard isn't a Russian asset, she's just shit all on her own. I'm sure the Russian bot network would love to promote her but she's such a non-factor that it's basically meaningless.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's Tulsi. The only other person who might consider a third party run is Bernie, since he is technically not a Democrat anyway. But he didn't run in 2016 third party, and I highly doubt he will in 2020. He doesn't want to be seen as the spoiler.

Bernie ain't running as a third party.

1. He still has an outside shot at the nom
2. For all his fractiousness he has committed to endorsing the eventual Dem
3. Bernie doesn't have any love for Putin and the only demonstrable Russian influence on his campaign was trollfarms and bots attacking Hillary on his behalf - which they're going to do with all the 2020 candidates.
4. He has no love for the DNC but he legitimately cares about the country and his base is so attached to him that he can do a lot of good supporting the candidate who wins if it's not him - and hopefully learned a bit more about that phenomenon from 2016 when he lost control of a few of his more ardent supporters. As long as it's not Biden I think even the most aggressive Bernie Bro would vote for the dem - and if it's Warren then they shouldn't even be that mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.