• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
We're still giving a platform to a woman who went out of her own way to shut women down who were coming out about her Husband's predatory behavior? Why does anyone care what she has to say. Should have been cancelled decades ago.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
This the same interview where she laughs about the idea of free healthcare or is it a different one where she doesn't find poor people dying of preventable diseases hilarious?
The interview where she defended a war criminal, severely downplayed the importance of healthcare access, and repeatedly deadnamed and misgendered a trans woman? That's what we're supposed to listen to her in order to like and respect her more?
I don't respect TERFs.
You all read a summary, didn't you?

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She has earned it. And it's not just Trump she outclasses. The person she outclasses most obviously is the Hillary Clinton the GOP and the media created.

Give it a listen if you have the time. I pretty much guarantee you'll like her better afterwards.
She earned YOUR respect. Being interesting in an interview doesn't make up for her political shortcomings. Praising Kissinger, running right wing talking points against progressive policies, and being a TERF pretty much sinks any respect I'd have for her.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility; Prior Bans for Hostility
She has earned it. And it's not just Trump she outclasses. The person she outclasses most obviously is the Hillary Clinton the GOP and the media created.

Give it a listen if you have the time. I pretty much guarantee you'll like her better afterwards.
fuck off, she deserves less respect than the average TERF because at least normal shithole TERFs didn't curse to 4 years of Trump with her inept shitty attempt at a campaign.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cheap show to produce. Just have half the episodes be blackscreen with snoring sounds for the days that she couldn't be bothered to get out there and hold rallies or give speeches. She was a candidate for much longer than the piece of shit in office and yet held many fewer rallies and speeches.

Feb 1, 2018
I'm waiting for the HBO Trump mini-series that starts with him working for his dad and being a racist property manager all the way up to impeachment

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobia
It really sucks that you think it's a good thing that her awful opinions are cloaked by her charming wit.

She said all of those things and she doesn't deserve an ounce of respect.

Trump: kill the poor
Hillary: kill the poor [clean ver.]

She didn't deadname Jenner. Bruce is referred to (mostly by Stern) as a historical figure in sports, in the past tense.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
She didn't deadname Jenner. Bruce is referred to (mostly by Stern) as a historical figure in sports, in the past tense.

But she did say that people have legitimate concerns about the "transgender issue". But she's so polite when she legitimises transphobia so I guess it could be worse /s

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Have they put out any episode synopses for the series yet? I'd like to know which one is the TERF extravaganza so I can skip it in the queue.

And of course I'm kidding. Because that would be all of them.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes. It was generally viewed as very popular and humanizing, which was annoying to me. Also it revealed that Romney was so confident of victory he didn't write a concession speech.
The only thing I recall from it was that it ended with he and his wife retiring to their Chalet in the snow, which really grated on me as being super out of touch.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
People are so broken down by Trump that anyone that mildly dunks on him is praised to the high heavens despite all the terrible shit they have done themselves, Hillary doesn't deserve anything.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
But she did say that people have legitimate concerns about the "transgender issue". But she's so polite when she legitimises transphobia so I guess it could be worse /s

Different interview, and I hated that. She did qualify it by explaining her own ignorance on the subject and later clarified/backtracked, but it was poorly judged. Still, I wouldn't call her a TERF for this. She's been an ally for transgender community for years, after all, and in fact was instrumental in updating passport policies as SoS.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Still don't get the obsession with this woman. There are so many other women fighting to make the world better. Just stop giving her attention.🤷🏿‍♀️

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't get the obsession with this woman. There are so many other women fighting to make the world better. Just stop giving her attention.🤷🏿‍♀️

She's coming up a lot recently because she's doing a book tour. I will say she doesn't seem particularly invested in helping the party while doing so.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
She's helping in subtle ways. Mostly by trying to influence public opinion back to the center

I doubt it. She's smart enough to read a poll and see Biden in the lead. I think she's just being herself.

Aahh makes sense now. A book about being rich and losing two elections.

I mean, it seems quite difficult to believe if your primary social contact is this forum, but lots and lots of Democrats, particularly women, still really like Hillary Clinton and would be likely to buy her book.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I doubt it. She's smart enough to read a poll and see Biden in the lead. I think she's just being herself.

I mean, it seems quite difficult to believe if your primary social contact is this forum, but lots and lots of Democrats, particularly women, still really like Hillary Clinton and would be likely to buy her book.
If they threw that support behind Warren or Harris. The party might move forward but, fame is a hell of a thing.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
We can discuss it over a glass of chocolate milk if you'd like, but you're the one paying

Did you find that comment persuasive when she made it? Did it change your position on Medicare for All?

I don't think it was intended as an astute political maneuver. I think Hillary is just being honest about how she feels. Which is unhelpful, frankly, and I'd prefer she stop.