• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hulu has released the teaser trailer for Hillary, an original four-part docuseries exploring the life of former Secretary of State, former First Lady and 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The series will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival this January and will be released on Hulu on March 6th.

Directed by Nanette Burstein, Hillary features interviews with the former candidate as well as Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, various former aids and staff, journalists and close friends of the family. It will also feature never-before-seen campaign footage from 2016, before Clinton lost the presidential election to President Donald Trump.

Time to take a magical journey back to 2016!

This should be fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Nanette Burstein also directed The Kid Stays in the Picture, On the Ropes, and the good episode about Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding for 30 for 30. I did not see the one she did about McAfee.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it doesn't shy away from her bad choices, I look forward to watching it. Our reality is so different now that it's hard to imagine just how different things would be under her presidency. #imwithher

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Obama gets Netflix
Hillary gets Hulu
Bernie gets Twitch

Biden will get Turner Classic Movies next, mark my words

jml

Mar 9, 2018
It will also feature never-before-seen campaign footage from 2016, before Clinton lost the presidential election to President Donald Trump.

Even putting my personal dislike for Hillary aside I don't really get why people would want to go out of their way to relive this nightmare. Sounds like it'd be awful.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't care about her failings or bad decisions/policies, fuck everyone that didn't vote for her last election or perpetuated memes about her.

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
>tfw hulu drops a full season at once

LaLdFiA.jpg

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would honestly love if she just went away from the spotlight as she is terrible but alas, people still want to relieve the 2016 mess as shown by the fact this documentary is promising stuff about 2016.

Hopefully when someone wins over Trump that we stop hearing about her.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Listened to the Stern interview just today. Try listening to that and imagining Trump coming close to that level of thoughtfulness.

A whip-smart person that can talk about her personal history as well as the country's in a cogent, incisive way and with a wry sense of humor to boot. Has been caricatured to hell, with bucket after bucket of shit dumped on her. Deserves our respect.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sick of American dynasties like the Clintons and Kennedys. Worse still is how folks are still tripping over themselves to evangelize the very same people who have invested hundreds of millions into creating political empires out of their names.

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
Here are all the reasons why I'm not President, note that none of it is my fault.
Exactly. She's going to blame sexism, Russia, but ignore that her policies didn't excite people and she never campaigned in the rustbelt. Had she campaigned in the rustbelt (and you know, ran a good campaign) then she would've won.

Oct 25, 2017
So fun documentary fact, Errol Morris, who made the very good Fog of War and the very underwhelming The Unknown Known wanted to make advertisements for the Hilary Clinton campaign. (I have not seen American Darma and can't recommend it).

Fog of War, about McNamara: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

The Unknown Known, about Rumsfeld: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2390962/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_9

You wanted to make commercials for Hillary Clinton.
I did. I offered my services repeatedly. Part of it was to create material with her where she would present herself in a less formulaic, mechanical fashion, to tease out some kind of humanity from the candidate. You do these things, maybe they don't work. Then you don't show them. You look at it and say, "This was not as good as we expected. Go fuck yourself, Mr. Morris." Which is fine! But to not make the effort? Well, remind me, I believe the results of that election were not to her benefit.
You wish you'd had a crack at it.
Of course I do. I mean, I'm an American. I'm an American Jew. I actually believe in this country, although I'm not sure what it is that I believe in anymore. I made the movie because I thought this was a way of encouraging some kind of discussion and debate and awareness of what had happened in 2016. Silly me.

That sort of exhausts my brief contemporary documentary suggestions (yeah, I know McNamara isn't contemporary anymore, but I recommend Fog of War and am using it as a springboard to mentioned Errol Morris). Hope someone who doesn't want to watch this documentary will find one they want to watch based on my suggestions.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why she's everywhere now. Like at least while she was campaigning she was trying to make herself not look like a complete shitpile, but here she is right now and has been keeping no pretentions against her awfulness.
i'm really hoping this is just her showing up a little late to the dance to cash in on the Resistance crowd a la those Bush 'miss me yet?' memes, but there's also another fairly easy (if somewhat conspiratorial) conclusion to jump to. maybe she just really likes having the public endlessly relitigate her failed presidential campaign?

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. She's going to blame sexism, Russia, but ignore that her policies didn't excite people and she never campaigned in the rustbelt. Had she campaigned in the rustbelt (and you know, ran a good campaign) then she would've won.
Imagine thinking the most progressive policy platform in Democratic history wasn't exciting, no wonder Biden is so popular right now, voters must be moderates!

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Respect is earned.

Being more verbally competent than Trump is a pretty low bar.
She has earned it. And it's not just Trump she outclasses. The person she outclasses most obviously is the Hillary Clinton the GOP and the media created.

Give it a listen if you have the time. I pretty much guarantee you'll like her better afterwards.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
She has earned it. And it's not just Trump she outclasses. The person she outclasses most obviously is the Hillary Clinton the GOP and the media created.

Give it a listen if you have the time. I pretty much guarantee you'll like her better afterwards.

This the same interview where she laughs about the idea of free healthcare or is it a different one where she doesn't find poor people dying of preventable diseases hilarious?

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So fun documentary fact, Errol Morris, who made the very good Fog of War and the very underwhelming The Unknown Known wanted to make advertisements for the Hilary Clinton campaign. (I have not seen American Darma and can't recommend it).

Fog of War, about McNamara: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

The Unknown Known, about Rumsfeld: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2390962/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_9

That sort of exhausts my brief contemporary documentary suggestions (yeah, I know McNamara isn't contemporary anymore, but I recommend Fog of War and am using it as a springboard to mentioned Errol Morris). Hope someone who doesn't want to watch this documentary will find one they want to watch based on my suggestions.
you see the Alex Gibney Theranos doc? i feel like that might offer some insight into what an Errol Morris shot Hillary ad campaign might look like

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The interview where she defended a war criminal, severely downplayed the importance of healthcare access, and repeatedly deadnamed and misgendered a trans woman? That's what we're supposed to listen to her in order to like and respect her more?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

I don't respect TERFs.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The interview where she defended a war criminal, severely downplayed the importance of healthcare access, and repeatedly deadnamed and misgendered a trans woman? That's what we're supposed to listen to her in order to like and respect her more?

Seriously. Why didn't she ever ask where the money to go to war with Iraq was going to come from before voting for that?