• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, she has a history, along with her husband, of thinly-disguised racism, full-fledged assault against black America, rape apology, victim-blaming, warmongering/MIC-worship, etc. That's not character assassination or media bias, just simple truth. Hillary Clinton is a terrible person which many of us on the left were forced to vote for to try and keep a more terrible person out of the Oval Office in Donald Trump.

A chunk of the posters in this thread who are trying to soft-pedal or bash Bernie (what's even the point of this?) were vocal Hillary supporters in 2016. This is just the reality of it. Hillary is absolutely a terrible politician, extremely unlikable, who ran an incompetent campaign, and lost to a reality TV personality who had never held political office. Her legacy is mud.

"being completely uneducated on Hillary Clinton's record she doesn't even seem that bad"

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of these comments like "Thank fuck" and "1 outta 2 so far" just show how good the American Right Wing Political Machine is at destroying someone's character. Like, I'm Canadian, and Hilary Clinton doesn't even appear to be a terrible politician, in fact she looks as if she can actually get things done. Maybe it's America that is unable to see outside in as a lot of the media is very biased there so they don't get much in other opinions.
Sure, she received tons of misogyny and disingenous attacks, especially as the 2016 elections came closer.

BUT, that doesn't erase all the genuinely very problematic things she had going for.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's all hypothetical, but I'd really would have liked to see how Sanders would have competed against Trump in vis a vis-debates and the general elections.
It would have been interesting if the "Everyone but Clinton"-voters would have mattered so much that a Dem-candidate would have won or if Sanders would have been too left for most voters and lost with an even greater margin.
Left-wing populist vs Right-wing populist.
That would've been interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.