• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Did anyone mention Lybia yet because that's clearly Clinton's fault and I'm contractually obligated to mention that every time someone talk about Hillary Clinton.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the Clintons rich?

That would be my take, she scared for her moolah.

It's this. Bernie's proposals actually threaten career politicians who are mostly in it via money and inertia, so now they're terrified when someone who actually poses an existential threat to them is gaining popularity and the machetes are out even from "allies". Same thing that happened in the UK, but maybe there's still a small chance the US can take the right path? (but probably not)

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
User warned: Inflammatory generalizations
This actually reminds me, anyone who dislikes Bernie supporters, please avoid using Bernie bros instead as I've seen a sizeable amount of trans women who support him whose dysphoria is triggered when they get lumped in as Bernie Bros
lol do you think that hillary supporters care about trans people? She had kinder words for transphobes than for Bernie Sanders

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was she right when she repeatedly praised a war criminal who was directly involved with the deaths of thousands in Cambodia and South America?
Was she also right when she said transphobic shit after transphobic shit?
www.salon.com

How the Hillary Clinton campaign deliberately "elevated" Donald Trump with its "pied piper" strategy

An email released by WikiLeaks shows how the Democratic Party purposefully "elevated" Trump to "leader of the pack"

#StillWithHer folk gonna be :crickets chirping: on these

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is truly horrifying her campaign actually actively and consciously helped Donald Trump get to where he is.

And then proceeded to run a dumpster fire of a campaign filled with arrogance. Remember a day before the election it was revealed her campaign had cancelled a big fireworks show because they finally realized just how much they'd fucked up?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable. I don't even really want Bernie to win the nomination but sowing this kind of discord is straight up irresponsible. What a mess.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary has her head so far up her own ass after the loss to Trump. Literally blaming everything and everyone but her own dog shit strategy and communications.

Bernie will have a much bigger lasting impact than she ever will.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Considering most people don't seem to understand what the DNC actually does, this shouldn't surprise you.

TIL 10 years is an entire career.
Fair point, I got confused about when she actually became a politician as she became politically active before that. So yeah I guess she counts as a non career politician

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The crime bill had good and bad sides, that's how omnibus legislation works. Also I'm not sure how a Crime Reform Bill is unrelated to a bill that stiffened criminal penalties for domestic abuse and increased funding towards prosecuting and investigating domestic abuse crimes.

My point is, Bernie attacks people who voted for the Crime Bill when he himself voted for it. He did it with Clinton and now he's doing it with Biden. Yes, he stated objections to elements of it, but so did many members of Congress that voted for it. It ended up being a disaster for people of color—particularly the black community—but elements of it were objectively good.

I can't see how you're failing to acknowledge Bernie's criticism is over how the legislation works and how it's inherently racist? Or how the other people who voted for/supported it were happy with the extremely racist elements of it both then and now?

Anyway fuck off with "The crime bill had good and bad sides" given how much irreparable damage it's caused to minority communities over decades. I'm not going to engage any more with that nonsense. The fact you'll happily ignore the fact it's easily resolved by not attaching pro women policy to anti-minority policy is suspect as fuck.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that "Clinton lost to Trump" isn't as effective of an insult as you think it is when your candidate got demolished by Clinton and is currently losing to the ghost of Joe Biden.
Bernie is going to force a brokered convention and due to his non-aggression pact with Warren they will combine their delegate votes to secure one of them being the primary winner and the other the VP unless they agree not take the VP position for another cabinet post.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Daily reminder that you're all praising an unabashed TERF.

And here's what I don't get about the people who have a problem with Bernie taking so long to concede the nomination in 2016: we all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June, do we not?

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Are you suggesting that deplorable's comment wasn't proven to be 100% accurate?
It's absolutely accurate, but even Clinton herself thinks it hurt her and her campaign. The only people who agreed with her were people who already thought that way; it pushed at least some undecided voters to vote for Trump instead, and Trump supporters were largely uninsulted by it and instead reappropriated it into something positive (in their eyes).

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Can't even commit to campaign for him if he's the nominee when he went across the country campaigning for her after she beat him in 2016?!?!

Why should she?

Him doing that in 2016 was the right thing to do because he was running against her and he lost decisively. She doesn't need to do anything for anyone this year just like Obama is under no obligation to. Neither are currently President. Neither are currently running. She is a private citizen who didn't run at all this time, like y'all wanted specifically to happen btw

In fact I remember the exact discussions that have happened since the week after she lost in 2016: the consensus seemed to have been from a vast majority of you that she should fuck off into the woods and not be part of active politics anymore. So which is it, you want her to be gone forever like the relic you claim she is, or you want her campaigning for/promoting whoever the primaries winner is? It can't be both, those are completely contradictory positions

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
lol do you think that hillary supporters care about trans people? She had kinder words for transphobes than for Bernie Sanders
I know plenty of centrists that are nice to trans people, and other marginalised groups, in their personal life and don't see the irony in them supporting people and policies that actively hurt those groups. So I imagine some at least would care enough to change their words, but that's about all the assistance that can be expected from them

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
We are literally still in a competition within the party and she knows her endorsement carries weight whether negative or positive.

I'll say it for the last time because you have to be trolling at this point:

she asked, if Sanders won the nominations, would she support him? She didn't answer in the affirmative, meaning she left the possibility open to remain neutral if it comes down to Sanders V Trump.

any other spin at this point is honestly divisive, toxic and intellectually dishonest.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
We are literally still in a competition within the party and she knows her endorsement carries weight whether negative or positive.
Generic endorsement doesn't carry weight. Do you think it'd even be news worthy if she said she said she would support any Dem politician that would wins the nom?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a lot of people seem to have forgotten about this and her blatant islamophobia and racism in the 08 campaign. she's conniving, manipulative and BITTER. years later, she's still fuming about her blunderous campaign and gaslighting people about bernie's record while her stans dismiss her friendships with war criminals and defense of rapists.

bUt WhAt AbOuT pArTy UnItY her stans screamed when anyone dared question her in 2016 and here she is at her big fucking age admitting to being a bitter sore loser who can't even agree to endorse bernie if he was the nom. its not fucking difficult hillary, blue no matter what. "A pRiVaTe CiTiZeN cAn EnDoRsSE wHoEvEr ShE WaNtS" becoming the new line. love this hypocritical centrist energy, yas queen
It would have been nice if she hadn't given a fuck in 2016 so I would have not voted for her. This whole thing is just so, so embarassing.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saying a member of Congress "got nothing done" is the height of political attack ad bullshit. She knows how congress works, the only one in that body getting shit done right now is fucking Mitch McConnell thanks in part to her.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Sanders doesn't want either Clinton campaigning for him. Criticizing her for not agreeing to campaign for him is silly. They loathe each other.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Why should she?

Him doing that in 2016 was the right thing to do because he was running against her and he lost decisively. She doesn't need to do anything for anyone this year just like Obama is under no obligation to. Neither are currently President. Neither are currently running. She is a private citizen who didn't run at all this time, like y'all wanted specifically to happen btw

In fact I remember the exact discussions that have happened since the week after she lost in 2016: the consensus seemed to have been from a vast majority of you that she should fuck off into the woods and not be part of active politics anymore. So which is it, you want her to be gone forever like the relic you claim she is, or you want her campaigning for/promoting whoever the primaries winner is? It can't be both, those are completely contradictory positions

Lol there's no contradictory position. She's the one coming out to bash Bernie now. If she's not going to stay out of politics then she should at least not sow discord in the democratic party. She's being active in politics just by doing this documentary.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why should she?

Any excuse to shit on her is my guess.

She right, again.

She shouldn't have said this.

Nope, but she can and did bring 100% truth unlike the candidate version of herself lol.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
This actually reminds me, anyone who dislikes Bernie supporters, please avoid using Bernie bros instead as I've seen a sizeable amount of trans women who support him whose dysphoria is triggered when they get lumped in as Bernie Bros
I actually hadn't thought of this before. That's fucked up. The phrase should be ban worthy.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
While she's not necessarily wrong, and a private citizen, not a politician now...

It's pretty bad timing.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just pulling from this:

She was a fairly effective Senator (I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that #1 happened while she was Secretary of State, and she shepherded the treaty through the Senate). Have to keep in mind that her eight years entirely overlapped with Bush's as President, thus most of the Democratic achievements from that era would be small potatoes.

That link summarizes some of her achievements as First Lady and Secretary of State as well, which is worth a read. She's an accomplished woman and anyone boiling her career down to "hurr she got Trump elected" disgusts me.
Thanks and agreed... She has indeed accomplished a lot.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I can't see how you're failing to acknowledge Bernie's criticism is over how the legislation works and how it's inherently racist? Or how the other people who voted for/supported it were happy with the extremely racist elements of it both then and now?

Anyway fuck off with "The crime bill had good and bad sides" given how much irreparable damage it's caused to minority communities over decades. I'm not going to engage any more with that nonsense. The fact you'll happily ignore the fact it's easily resolved by not attaching pro women policy to anti-minority policy is suspect as fuck.

...you mean the irreparable harm to people of color I explicitly mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.