• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize that was any Serkis as the lead Yule Boy but it should have been obvious. Its very much a character he'd play. That entire episode was great and brought me some serious "Naughty" vibes reminiscent of the classic Courage the Coward Dog episode with the creepy barber. Oh and the ogress was some straight up horror movie stuff.

We got a strong Krampus vibe from that episode with the ogress. Another great episode.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think its rare for a kids show to have such a cool and relatable character like Hilda's mum, the scene of her crying in the car wondering if she did the right thing by grounding Hilda really hit hard, and I'm not even a parent lol

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode... 7 I think? (The one about the city bells)

Really happy with this season so far - I think the Draugen ep was a bit of a miss, since the story completely broke off from the initial premise so Hilda and Wood Man could go on a mostly inconsequential side adventure. But I really love how all the secondary characters have had a chance to shine, and that the writers didn't try and create unnecessary conflict between Hilda, Frida and David, like they did in the latter half of season 1.

And don't worry, David, lite-rock is better than pop music anyway.

and (viking episode spoiler)
holy shit, I can't believe they decapitated a child TWICE in one episode. Poor lad

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Loved this season once again... but man, ending it like that is really cruel, how long will we have to wait now, lol

Also i relate so much to david, i love this little guy

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, episode 9 broke me. I don't think a piece of media has ever made me feel that way since watching Your Name - and I don't think any episode of TV has made me tear up since "Bart gets an F"

I feel somewhat iffy on the ending

I'm glad Twig stayed, but his whole story felt like a metaphor for death and passing onto the next life... and the atmosphere and music gave those deerfox scenes a sense of finality. It really felt like a send-off, and I got a serious case of whiplash after he returned and goes back on his misadventures with Hilda and the crew. We watched Ep 10, and something felt... different about seeing Twig as a viewer. Like he should have stayed behind? (or at the very least, have him come back in a future season)

Regardless, it's still a masterpiece of animation and storytelling. I think I'll be remembering it for a long time.

One other great piece of animation was Hilda and Johanna encountering the red wolf on the cliffs. The fear in their expressions was absolutely spot on

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
There's very little info on what comes next production wise. One assumes that the film coming out this year will tie up the current plot.

I hope they is more after that though. I really need more seasons of this show.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
1lddstvkcvf61.png

I made a Woodman figure.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
It took me a few episodes to put together that Alfur has the same voice actor as Tora from Xenoblade. Maybe he's not such an earnest fellow after all...

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to bump this up. My kid watched it and I was surprised how good it was. Does anybody know the best way to buy the graphic novels? I went on amazon and it seemed they were all separate. Was hoping to buy a box set

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Finally got around to begin season 2. It's so good!!!

Just finished episode 7... and wow, this song at the end...

Edit:
lol, someone made a 1 hour loop...

Last edited:

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I finished watching season two. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. I really liked the music this season and how there are at least one featured song per episode. It was very neat. The pacing was noticeably different than season 1, with each episode a bit less self-contained than before, but it made for some wonderful moments.

A note about the ending:
Not sure about that cliffhanger, though. As nothing was confirmed about a third season ā€“ and even if we get one, when will it drop, in two/three years? ā€“ I don't think it was necessary. I think it would have been better to end the season with an open ending instead of a full-blown cliffhanger like that. But it's a very small complaint.

One think I absolutely LOVE about this show is how women are present in every aspect of society. Doesn't matter what kind of group they're showing you ā€“ pirates, vikings, sailors, guards... ā€“ each time there are capable women in these groups and it's not a big deal. It's never questioned or highlighted, it's just normal. If I had a young daughter this is exactly the kind of show I would introduce her to. Well done!

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished watching season two. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. I really liked the music this season and how there are at least one featured song per episode. It was very neat. The pacing was noticeably different than season 1, with each episode a bit less self-contained than before, but it made for some wonderful moments.

A note about the ending:
Not sure about that cliffhanger, though. As nothing was confirmed about a third season ā€“ and even if we get one, when will it drop, in two/three years? ā€“ I don't think it was necessary. I think it would have been better to end the season with an open ending instead of a full-blown cliffhanger like that. But it's a very small complaint.

One think I absolutely LOVE about this show is how women are present in every aspect of society. Doesn't matter what kind of group they're showing you ā€“ pirates, vikings, sailors, guards... ā€“ each time there are capable women in these groups and it's not a big deal. It's never questioned or highlighted, it's just normal. If I had a young daughter this is exactly the kind of show I would introduce her to. Well done!

There is a movie coming out next from what people have been saying.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This show fucking rules, my girlfriend and I have been watching Season 1. I love the art and world building. There are so many small touches to the environments that give it such an autumnal fairy tale feeling. It's so good, I also love how not every episode so far resolves happily by the end. I like the message that even with the best of intentions sometimes you come away from a situation not completely resolving it to satisfaction.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Anybody watched Hilda and the Mountain King?

I watched it tonight and it's quite good! The ending was beautiful. It's a great continuation and conclusion to season 2.

I was also impressed with some of the subjects covered in this, it even has a small but very topical and interesting bit about misinformation. Hilda once again proves itself to be one of the very best kid-oriented shows there is.

Can't wait for season 3.

Moon Moon

Oct 27, 2017
I did and it's fantastic! Only missing one thing
Wood Man.
Will there be a season 3? The movie gives kind of a sweet conclusion to Hilda's main "conflict", which is her coming to terms with living in Trollberg while still needing/loving the wilderness. I want more Hilda, but if there isn't more I'm at least happy with the way it's tied up.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I did and it's fantastic! Only missing one thing
Wood Man.
Will there be a season 3? The movie gives kind of a sweet conclusion to Hilda's main "conflict", which is her coming to terms with living in Trollberg while still needing/loving the wilderness. I want more Hilda, but if there isn't more I'm at least happy with the way it's tied up.

There will be a season 3 but it's the last one.

Does certainly feel like this movie was made as a potential finale though. Curious to see where they take the final season of Hilda.