• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

How did i forget such a great song exists. I'm ashamed of myself (and grateful to the YouTube playlist this was on)

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, wasn't sure if Kuma-chan was a stand in for someone else like a partner.
Kuma-chan has been something of an alternate "personality"/character they used in the past. Their old radio show was Kuma Power and they have a whole story for Kuma-chan and his own song on their Heartstation album.

Edit: im a dummy who forgot to use the right pronouns

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Kuma-chan has been something of an alternate "personality"/character they used in the past. Their old radio show was Kuma Power and they have a whole story for Kuma-chan and his own song on their Heartstation album.

Edit: im a dummy who forgot to use the right pronouns
Don't feel too bad, I'm NB and I did it too -_- and i didn't get the edit off fast enough before being quoted

Oct 26, 2017
Good for them. :)
I'm happy that they are happy enough to do this.

Edit: I was just listening to Sakura Nagashi a few hours ago, so the timing is impeccable.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I swear utada gets more beautiful everytime I see them. I'm happy for utada!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utada Hikaru is a national treasure and must be protected at all cost. Good for them for coming out and glad to always have them as a part of my favorite video game series.
Also let's not forget this simple gem they dropped when Biden got elected.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful to hear. Good on them for the choice of suffix as Mx.

But one question who is this Kuma-chan exactly?
Kuma-chan is their plush bear. They've used it as an alternative "personality"/original character that represents them and their brand. Utada named their radio show Kuma Power back when it aired, and would "relay" messages from Kuma-chan. They wrote a song for him, and he has this whole cute little canon they've created for him. It's super cute. Most Hikki fans knew Kuma-chan was gay, but they reiterated it for Pride Month alongside their announcement that they are nb.

Jun 17, 2019
Kuma-chan is their plush bear. They've used it as an alternative "personality"/original character that represents them and their brand. Utada named their radio show Kuma Power back when it aired, and would "relay" messages from Kuma-chan. They wrote a song for him, and he has this whole cute little canon they've created for him. It's super cute. Most Hikki fans knew Kuma-chan was gay, but they reiterated it for Pride Month alongside their announcement that they are nb.

Thank you so much. I thought the person was referencing another singer or composer who came out on the same day. I did not know about their bear, that is so cute!

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they are much bigger than Kingdom Hearts and the new Eva songs, been a superstar since as long as I can remember.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they are much bigger than Kingdom Hearts and the new Eva songs, been a superstar since as long as I can remember.
It's weird how they're mostly known outside Asia as the artist who does the Kingdom Hearts theme songs, and to a lesser extent the theme songs for the new Evangelion films when they're one of the biggest recording artists of all time in Japan.

But super cool nonetheless that they're involved with some of my favourite franchises and seems to be an awesome person to boot.