• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Ghostwire Tokyo
OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
ghostwire-tokyo-screen-03-ps5-en-08jun20
ghostwire-tokyo-screen-01-ps5-en-08jun20
ghostwire-tokyo-screen-02-ps5-en-08jun20

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
In the GT7 garage screen you can see the race going on in the displays as it would appear when you spectate a lobby/watch a replay. I wonder if it's real time. Usually the footage on trackside screens was treated as small gifs (or whatever) showing random cars that had nothing to do with the race.

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
Granted, I don't enter car garages often, but in the times I did I've never seen the ground look like mirrors lol. Why'd they design it that way? Screens look great though and they'll look even better on your very own TV

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Think of it as PS5 photo mode shots.

True, that's a good way of looking at it. Photo mode in Sony games tend to smooth out aliasing that you'd normally see when taking a screenshot while the game is in motion, but it's not like you'd notice the aliasing much anyway WHILE playing.

I'm suddenly really interested in SN too, that looks pretty good. Hopefully it turns out well and we get more games in that engine. (.hack PLEEEEEEEEEZ)

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Granted, I don't enter car garages often, but in the times I did I've never seen the ground look like mirrors lol. Why'd they design it that way? Screens look great though and they'll look even better on your very own TV
shop floors have an epoxy on them, easier to see spills, and screws etc. ive seen someone post a real life shot of it before.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
True, that's a good way of looking at it. Photo mode in Sony games tend to smooth out aliasing that you'd normally see when taking a screenshot while the game is in motion, but it's not like you'd notice the aliasing much anyway WHILE playing.

I'm suddenly really interested in SN too, that looks pretty good. Hopefully it turns out well and we get more games in that engine. (.hack PLEEEEEEEEEZ)
a . hack in that engine would be sick. yeah im now interested in it too seeing these screens. seems like my kind of game

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Some of these have to be post processed or in a similar vein to GTs replays, because wtaf at some of these screens, like destruction all stars

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
a . hack in that engine would be sick. yeah im now interested in it too seeing these screens. seems like my kind of game

God Eater 3 was actually a pretty decent step up in graphics/effects too, but unfortunately (in my opinion) the gameplay hasn't changed as much as I would have liked from GE1/2. A .hack game would be absolutely SICK in this engine and considering how long it's been since the last games it would get a complete revamp in various ways..... but I should probably stop fantasizing since it's not likely to happen.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
The feeling I got from Destruction All-Stars in the video was this one: They're doing what Criterion wanted to do with Burnout back on PS3. And this only amplified the feeling that we MUST get a new Burnout on the next-gen consoles. It is time, dammit!

Those GT7 shots. *starts to drool*

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Beautiful shots, although R&C and Demon's Souls remain (by quite a margin) the most impressive next-gen games to me.

Destruction AllStars makes me really curious and it looks really good in those pics.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I hope you non-PSVR owners can get even a glimpse of what we experienced in 2018 with Astro Bot Rescue Mission by playing Astro's Playroom. I don't know that the VR experience translates like that but nonetheless this looks to be a fun standout experience all on its own.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Returnal is looking great, as all the rest. Destruction Allstars surprises me graphically, it looks pretty darn impressive!

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I need that Destruction AllStars gameplay ASAP. I have to see it in motion. It looks so amazing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it has better lighting than any PS4 game, to me. I think it looks pretty good. Not photo realistic or anything, but it looks nice.

I've no doubt it was primarly built as a PS4 game (before being shifted to PS5 presumably?) but it looks so clean. I just love the art style and vibe.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Looks like it has better lighting than any PS4 game, to me. I think it looks pretty good. Not photo realistic or anything, but it looks nice.

Yeah ok, ofc the ray tracing couldn't be done on PS4 and that adds some nice reflections in the water etc, lighting looks pretty good, but the texture quality looks very low to me. The image looks a bit too washed out as well, like the brightness has been set too high.

JCLShay

Apr 4, 2020
It feels like GT7 isn't far off........ but I don't know if I want to set myself up for heartbreak

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
What is Jett Farshore? Don't remember seeing it before and sounds interesting.
I love the 'grass' on Astrobot, looks like those connectors on pcbs...

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great graphics aside, I like how most of those pics are so colorful. Just compare these games to those yellow, brown games of 7th generation!

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
What is Jett Farshore? Don't remember seeing it before and sounds interesting.
I love the 'grass' on Astrobot, looks like those connectors on pcbs...
www.playstation.com

JETT: The Far Shore - PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Get JETT: The Far Shore on PS4 & PS5. Embark on an interstellar trip to carve out a future for a people haunted by oblivion in this action-adventure.
Carve out a future for a people propelled by dreams, haunted by oblivion.
JETT: The Far Shore invites you on an interstellar trip to carve out a future for a people haunted by oblivion in this cinematic action-adventure. As scout Mei, be the first to deploy to a mythic ocean planet.
Take the helm of a 'jett' and explore a vast unknown – skim low over waves, roar up pristine coastlines and carve through otherworldly woods. Adapt to an intricate, systemic open world and persevere through adversity alongside an intimate ensemble cast in this story of courage, wonder and regret.
Embark on an exploratory single-player adventure presented in five captivating acts encompassing monumental moments, laid-back exploration, occasional white-knuckle action, moments of heartfelt companionship, and a helping of existential dread.
sounds pretty interesting

Great graphics aside, I like how most of those pics are so colorful. Just compare these games to those yellow, brown games of 7th generation!
HDR games are going to look so good

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
GT7 lools sick. I just hope those are not replay mode bullshots and no matter how it ends up looking, I really hope they manage to convey a sense of speed when playing the game. Coming from Driveclub and diving into GT Sport, the lack of feeling the speed of cars is my number one complaint.