• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game constantly receives updates on PS4 with QoL improvements, I don't know why they wouldn't patch a photo mode there.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Im looking for the word "exclusive" on the tweet but I can't find it. Maybe is coming to consoles as well.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that would suck if they didn't add that for PS4 as well. D: It sorely needed one.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
jfc, stop being so incredibly petty. It's exclusive to the PC version at the time of posting this thread, period. Will they add it to PS4 (likely after PC release to keep it as a sales point)? Probably. Have they announced it? No. Therefore: exclusive to PC unless otherwise announced.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I dont see where he says its PC exclusive? It'll likely come in an update to the PS4 version too.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
First people were fighting if Death Stranding is PS4 exclusive or not, now were fighting if photo mode is PC exclusive or not. Phew.... Kojima should learn to communicate better, his fan base is ripping each other apart.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
First people were fighting if Death Stranding is PS4 exclusive or not, now were fighting if photo mode is PC exclusive or not. Phew.... Kojima should learn to communicate better, his fan base is ripping each other apart.
its all part of the plan

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Some feathers are rustled
Hey the ps4 people had fun playing around with the word exclusive before PC version was announced, we can do the same until photo mode comes to PS4 cause technically it is still timed exclusive ;)

You wouldn't believe how many people on twitter get pissed about little things like these that are eventually coming to their platform.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
It's funny how one word can change the entire tone of a thread. Intentional or not? Who knows, but photo modes are always a great idea.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
User Warned: Platform Warring
PS4 players triggered over the word "exclusive" ???

How ironic.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
Hey the ps4 people had fun playing around with the word exclusive before PC version was announced, we can do the same until photo mode comes to PS4 cause technically it is still timed exclusive ;)

You wouldn't believe how many people on twitter get pissed about little things like these that are eventually coming to their platform.

All you need to do is cling to the hope they hold out until after June before sticking it in a PS4 update. But timed exclusive announcement is still pretty good, even if it is a shame to see PC users infected with such things. War has changed ;-)

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No, yours is weird logic.
If someone tweets something but it doesn't indicate whatsoever it's exclusive to said platform, it doesn't indicate at all it's exclusive. All you've done is successfully derailed your own thread immediately with that title.
is there photomode with ps4 version?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
No, yours is weird logic.
If someone tweets something but it doesn't indicate whatsoever it's exclusive to said platform, it doesn't indicate at all it's exclusive. All you've done is successfully derailed your own thread immediately with that title.
Hey, if something isn't on your platform but its coming later, technically you call still call it timed exclusive or exclusive until it comes out.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Hey, if something isn't on your platform but its coming later, technically you call still call it timed exclusive or exclusive until it comes out.
The tweet only says he's showing it on the pc version.

It doesn't say anything about exclusivity and it's not out on PC or any other platform yet.

Games are developed on PCs... if it's not out yet it's no wonder they are showing a development build of the PC version

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The tweet only says he's showing it on the pc version.

It doesn't say anything about exclusivity and it's not out on PC or any other platform yet.
Yea the tweet doesn't, but the fact is.. right now its coming out only in the PC version with 'no mention' of it coming to the PS4 version even though we know how these things turn out and eventually the other version gets it in a patch.

So 'until it comes out' on PS4 as a patch, we can technically call it a timed exclusive no?

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
It's only been announced for the PC version. It's exclusive until it's announced that it isn't.

We can say right now that PC exclusive features include:

Ultra-wide support
Photo Mode
High FPS
Half Life content

Anything else is just the hopes of PS owners...

Oct 25, 2017
is there photomode with ps4 version?
I don't know, nor does it bother me if there is or isn't, what bothers me is the potential for miss information when something like this happens. I couldn't give a damn about platform wars for exclusive content, it's more about how the information is being reported on this site.
Respectfully I disagree, if there's no mention at all of it being a timed exclusive or exclusive for good, then it shouldn't be reported as such until it's been confirmed, all that happens is exactly what's happening now, the thread gets derailed (I'm apart of this, I'm fully aware) rather than discussing the actual feature.
It's not hard to even put "Potential PC Exclusive" instead of just out right assuming.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It doesn't need to say it. Still a clickbait title that was edited. Troll.
Its not trolling when its like exactly what the title said.

Its the people getting desperate about a game mode that eventually gets added like in other games thinking that it might be a full exclusive.

Something can be exclusive until its not. Its not a hard thin to grasp imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Its not trolling when its like exactly what the title said.

Its the people getting desperate about a game mode that eventually gets added like in other games thinking that it might be a full exclusive.

Something can be exclusive until its not. Its not a hard thin to grasp imo.

The fact there is a history of it being added later in games makes the title even more of a troll. Can't just be happy to play a game? Must start shit. Very mature.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Respectfully I disagree, if there's no mention at all of it being a timed exclusive or exclusive for good, then it shouldn't be reported as such until it's been confirmed, all that happens is exactly what's happening now, the thread gets derailed (I'm apart of this, I'm fully aware) rather than discussing the actual feature.
It's not hard to even put "Potential PC Exclusive" instead of just out right assuming.
Well I side with you on this actually and i wish gaming announcements would be like this... but quite a lot people here treat shit like this exclusive until its announced for another platform...

I still don't think calling it timed exclusive is technically wrong but things like these quickly get some people's jimmies rustled when its their platform and they don't give a shit when its a game thats been announced for their platform only.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I'll laugh if the PS4 actually gets it first because of their timed exclusivity deal and he's just showing it off mid-development on a PC.