• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SmugBothClam-size_restricted.gif

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
He can get away by making his real silent Hills vision more than a spiritual successor or something different. Why change a team that wins and risk a potential failure, that can be massive.
His vision for silent hills is still confined within the expectations and limitation of the silent hill franchise. Foggy mid-western american town, monsters and environments that reflect the psyche of the protagonist or someone else, old gods/demon cult shenanigans etc. Whereas something wholly unique can be whatever the creativity allows. No restrictions and guidelines to follow. I'd rather see the latter than the former. The Kojipro team clearly demonstrated that they are flexible with Death Stranding. In the end, it's Kojima's name that will sell the game so no need to be conservative.

I'm not a Silent Hill hater either. I played the first three games quite recently and loved all three. Even so, I would rather Kojipro keep attempting to break new grounds and taking risks rather than looking backwards.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Is the madlad finally doing what we have been suggesting all along???
giphy.gif

Always knew Kojima's unique style would fit perfectly in horror as seen by P.T.
Was hoping...nay... praying that Death Stranding be horror game but that turned out to be a different kind of surprise.

God speed Kojima show me what you got

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This would be a Kojima game I'd be down for. I've always felt his creative style of directing would fit in nicely in a horror game.

May 10, 2019
You know - I was hoping for maybe a Snatcher spiritual successor next, but I've been vibing on horror game aesthetic so much lately between RE2 Remake and FAITH that I'm down with this.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man it's just going to be a game where we have to file our taxes correctly. Terrifying.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I play everything Kojima makes and Death Stranding is my Game of the Year. Needless I'm down, even though I'm not ready lol.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
User banned (5 days): Thread derailment, trolling, platform warring over a series of posts.
Whatever it is, I hope it is Xbox exclusive. As a PlayStation centric gamer I can't stand to have to pretend to care about his games anymore.

Oct 1, 2019
Now that Kojima Productions is an established studio, I wonder if they would still seek Sony's help for their next project. With the PC release of Death Stranding and 505 Games publishing it, I think whatever is next for Kojima will be multiplatform.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Now that Kojima Productions is an established studio, I wonder if they would still seek Sony's help for their next project. With the PC release of Death Stranding and 505 Games publishing it, I think whatever is next for Kojima will be multiplatform.
Hopefully now that they got their footing they can branch out. Maybe do mobile game development or try stadia or something

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, I hope it is Xbox exclusive. As a PlayStation centric gamer I can't stand to have to pretend to care about his games anymore.
c7f.gif

Hopefully now that they got their footing they can branch out. Maybe do mobile game development or try stadia or something

To humor your idea, Kojima is obviously not focused on mobile game development not to mention he is all about the AAA titles.
Good thing Death Stranding sold well and his fans will always look forward to his future projects.

Feb 26, 2018
Well they can just call it a spiritual successor to SH for the extra fuck you to Konami. Japan Studio and Toyama can be a support studio like with Bloodborne

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'm not much of a Kojima fan but I'm IN for a Kojima horror game. Dude puts passion into what he does and even though it has never really clicked with me, I've admired that about him. Horror is my jam though so I say bring in on.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I would assume they would still need a big publisher to work with. The question is the engine. If they work with some other publisher and not Sony, would they need to work with different engine than Decima?

Oct 1, 2019
No, please, not like that.
I would assume they would still need a big publisher to work with. The question is the engine. If they work with some other publisher and not Sony, would they need to work with different engine than Decima?
Yes. If they work with another publisher, they can't use Decima.