• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Thought this was threadworthy. At least they still have other good composers but my hype died a bit.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I love his music, his style of music is so recognizable and distinct it would almost be distracting in this game (unless he switched things up a lot), especially if he's not doing the entire soundtrack.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Due to schedule conflicts...
What else is he working on? đź‘€

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Even though I love his music, his style of music is so recognizable and distinct it would almost be distracting in this game (unless he switched things up a lot), especially if he's not doing the entire soundtrack.
Long as they gave him a good direction, I'm sure he'd have made a great job at making it feel Streets of Ragey. For example:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing news. Are Shimomura and Kawashima still involved? How much work is Koshro doing on the game?

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone isn't sure what the deal with the Family Guy jokes is, go to his Twitter.

It's very... Interesting, to say the least.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, and nothing against Deriviere who I think is a great composer, Koshiro not being the main composer is more disappointing to me than not having Naganuma.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The songs in the video sounds great, and the boss themes should be something absolutely special so now I'm even more hype.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously thought they planned this game around
Koshiro's schedule so that he would be involved.

This would be like doing a orcarina of time esc sequel without Koji Kondo

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
That's a shame, although it sounds like Naganuma has done 1 track for the game right?

Fair. But to be honest if it was me and I couldn't afford to get Yuzo Koshiro doing at least half the songs, I wouldn't even try to revive the series.

At this point I'm not even going to bother to get the game.

I'm guessing it's because Koshiro would come through his company, Ancient and it might be more costly to pay a company over a name. Deriviere is a weird choice since his work is mainly classical right? When I think of Streets of Rage I think of House and Techno influences. Hidenori Shoji of SEGA (F-Zero GX/Yakuza series composer) would have been great for SoR4.

I remember being cynical at the time saying Koshiro will only do like 1 new track and remix the main theme but it's looking more and more like that is the case now sadly.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Holy Freakin' Crap, Lois.

A bummer. He's easily one of my favourite video game composers of all time.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

The music he shows is in here if people want to see it in motion. (it's hard to watch though, you want to play!)

Shiva is in! The music is hit or miss to me especially Shiva's....that is not fitting, where's max man?
I think he's for sure an unlockable character.

The gameplay looks great. All the characters look fun.

Oct 25, 2017
A scheduling complication??

Wait, what else has this man been working on? Call me ignorant, but I feel like he disappeared off the face of the earth after JSR and that one kickstarter game.

The more Hideki in the world the better.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Didn't even realize he was doing the soundtrack for it anyway, so can't say I'm too upset by the news.

Scheduling complication though? I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I want to.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
A scheduling complication??

Wait, what else has this man been working on? Call me ignorant, but I feel like he disappeared off the face of the earth after JSR and that one kickstarter game.

The more Hideki in the world the better.
Didn't even realize he was doing the soundtrack for it anyway, so can't say I'm too upset by the news.

Scheduling complication though? I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I want to.
I hope it is what you two are probably thinking it is

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020

The music he shows is in here if people want to see it in motion. (it's hard to watch though, you want to play!)

Shiva is in! The music is hit or miss to me especially Shiva's....that is not fitting, where's max man?
I think he's for sure an unlockable character.

The gameplay looks great. All the characters look fun.

I dont understand why the font for the combo meter is so disgustingly ugly.

Just get rid of the combo meter, or change the font. Who cares how many hits you combo.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I dont understand why the font for the combo meter is so disgustingly ugly.

Just get rid of the combo meter, or change the font. Who cares how many hits you combo.

It looks like they are putting emphasis on combos. You got lots of bounces, co-op juggles, etc. Something for people to experiment with. I think it's a good addition. It is better than punch, punch, punch, grand upper, repeat or punch punch punch grab p,p,p throw, etc. You might be able to create some cool juggles especially on bosses since it looks like they aren't grabbable.
I'm all for expanding the gameplay like they're doing. It looks like a good progression from the old games. Hopefully they have running and rolling still.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
It looks like they are putting emphasis on combos. You got lots of bounces, co-op juggles, etc. Something for people to experiment with. I think it's a good addition. It is better than punch, punch, punch, grand upper, repeat or punch punch punch grab p,p,p throw, etc. You might be able to create some cool juggles especially on bosses since it looks like they aren't grabbable.
I'm all for expanding the gameplay like they're doing. It looks like a good progression from the old games. Hopefully they have running and rolling still.

the font is still fugly as all hell and distracting (yhe combo meter getting huge is another issue)

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I don't get the Family Guy movie joke/connection to this composer...

But Harumi Fujita is a great get!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Gee Lois, It's like that time Hideki Nagunama remixed the theme song of our show.

*cutaway gag of Family Guy (Funk Remix)*