• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one will release first

• Bayonetta 3

Votes: 223 58.7%
  • Metroid Prime 4

Votes: 157 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I wonder if they actually started on development before or after the announcement. I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt in dev until 2019.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I genuinely think they announced the game right as it was greenlit. That's fine--they'll show it when they show it.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
It makes me more appreciative of games that are announced much closer to release - Hyrule Warriors: AoC, Astral Chain, Ringfit Adventure, all within 6 months of announcement were out.

Mar 30, 2019
Cool cool cool...
tenor.gif

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the wait will be worth it, I don't mind, I bought 1&2 on Wii U, and again on Switch, I can always go back to them meanwhile.
I'm sure there will be news this year, though.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I had already forgot about it, same as with Metroid Prime 4.
Most likely they're Switch 2 games.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
This statement says nothing. He will talk only after Nintendo will allow him to do so. Considering the approach of Nintendo, I expect a proper revelation to be done 3 months prior the release date.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think people are taking his statement a lot more seriously than I think is intended.

Kamiya is a troll and likes a bit of banter. Seems like an off the cuff remark to me and inline with his typical style.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Seems clear to me something went pretty wrong with Bayonetta 3. Yusuke Hashimoto, Bayonetta 2's Director, leaving Platinum in 2019 was certainly indicative of that I feel. I'm kinda fine with if 3 got a reboot and restarted development then though as I don't think Bayo 2 was up to snuff in many ways. 3 needs to be more of a return to form and actually maybe have a good story for once as well.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Given the troubles the studio has experienced over the last few years, it's probably fair to assume that this game was impacted as well.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I miss when Platinum released several games per year :(

Looks like I was right in expecting some dev difficulties, I don't understand why they would announce it so early only for it to release in 2022 or so. TFW when I bought a Switch to play it in 2018 and now It'll probably be one of the last exclusives of the system

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a known troll. This could either be the game being announced a week after being greenlit or it being ready for release in march or something like that.

They could also be saving this and MP4 for the switch pro.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why do I get the feeling that Bayonetta 3 is getting Alien Colonial Marined?

I really hope this reference lands...

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
He is saying stop pestering me you assholes. But I feel Kamiya being such a troll that this could literally mean nothing.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I don't get that impression that it's still years off. He literally says "something has to come out this year". I'm somewhat optimistically interpreting that to be the game itself. He's just not saying anything about it because Nintendo owns the IP and the marketing, and we all know (outside of a title card teaser) Nintendo generally doesn't start marketing until four to five months before release.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya: I have a lengthy history of not putting up with hyped up fanboys polluting my social media inbox. Get used to it with Bayo 3 as well.

Gamers: Yeah but does this mean there's a problem with development? Why won't you announce a release date?? Where's my marketing campaign???

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get that impression that it's still years off. He literally says "something has to come out this year". I'm somewhat optimistically interpreting that to be the game itself. He's just not saying anything about it because Nintendo owns the IP and the marketing, and we all know (outside of a title card teaser) Nintendo generally doesn't start marketing until four to five months before release.

He may have been talking about previews, actual footage of it, etc. Given that there's literally not been anything about it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.