• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
you're entitled to your own opinion. you're also entitled to be completely wrong.

9fp8G7M.jpg

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This is my kinda thread!

Chocolate gets lost in a cookie, Raisins give it a nice separate sweetness! And oatmeal cookies are just superior.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Agreed, I love oatmeal raisin cookies and I am not a big fan of chocolate in general.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Raisins are the proof that even if heaven existed, the human race doesn't deserve access to it.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I don't understand how people hate oatmeal-raisin.

It's soooo good. Especially freshly made ones. Smell incredible... and that chewy oaty sweet fragrant cookie taste and texture, with the sweet and tangy raisin bits. Yum.

Or sure, just have another fucking chocolate thing, you uncultured slags.

Oct 27, 2017
Cosigned — fresh oatmeal raisin cookies are deeply satisfying.

I think their only downside is that when stale they don't hold up as well as choc chip cookies though and thats probably what skews opinion on them.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's right I prefer Oatmeal Rasin to Chocolate Chip. I'm glad I can get that off my chest.
This is my kinda thread!

Chocolate gets lost in a cookie, Raisins give it a nice separate sweetness! And oatmeal cookies are just superior.
Agreed, I love oatmeal raisin cookies and I am not a big fan of chocolate in general.
I don't understand how people hate oatmeal-raisin.

It's soooo good. Especially freshly made ones. Smell incredible... and that chewy oaty sweet fragrant cookie taste and texture, with the sweet and tangy raisin bits. Yum.

Or sure, just have another fucking chocolate thing, you uncultured slags.
I do too.

I love oatmeal choco chip too
Absolutely agree with the OP. My favourite cookie.
You're God damned right

Although if you put chocolate and walnuts in too... Even better
Cosigned — fresh oatmeal raisin cookies are deeply satisfying.

I think their only downside is that when stale they don't hold up as well as choc chip cookies though and thats probably what skews opinion on them.

here I thought I've been fighting this battle alone. But no, I've had you, my family, all along!

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I could never get used to raisins in any baked good, but other people must I guess, or they wouldn't make them

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Hey as long as you don't force your poor life choices on others, you do you. Like if you give someone a holiday gift of cookies and they're oatmeal, I hope that person is someone you dislike.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Thank you for sharing, OP. I hear you, I support you, I am with you. 🥺

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Raisins ruin everything that they're in, I would be totally ok with living in a raisin free world.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Shriveled up grapes in my delicious cookie? Not even once.

Poor oatmeal cookie having to be disgraced with such an awful pairing makes the dessert gods weep.

Chocolate chip cookies are the way of the light, the way nature intended.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. Hard to fuck up a good Oatmeal Raisin, plus most choco cookies just aren't good. Mediocore oatmeal > top tier chocolate chip.

Now i'm gonna be that guy and enter "why not both territory" because chocolate oatmeal raisins is godlike.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Oatmeal raisin cookies are very good, but a good home made gooey chocolate chip cookie is godlike. I like them both though. I wouldn't be sad if I picked one up expecting the other and it was not the kind I expected.