• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Man TF1 hubs had this weight to then that TF2 and apex just don't have. Aside from the movement and overall look I don't know what changed so much at resplendent between the games

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Thread whining, history of similar behavior.
Yeah, there's a thread on Era every 2 fucking weeks about it.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 1 was multiplayer perfection, I'll always remember how great it was.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I played the Open-Beta on Origin I think, always wanted to get into the second one because the campaigns supposed to be good but never got to it.
But
Have you SEEN Titanfall?

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Amazing game. I liked 2, came to love it but TF1 was special. The maps were better and I thought the setting came through more. The frontier/western vibe in the score and the actual maps etc. Rodeoing titans was also better along with actual titan combat. Things were weighty. To put it another way TF felt like you were playing with action figures where as TF2 felt more like legos or minatures. All the best Tf2 maps were Tf1 remakes lol

Also, TITAN os customization! I missed it! I had jp voices in my stider and german os voices in my ogres ='(

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall is one of the best new IPs from this generation and that shit deserved better.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Not the first one as I didn't have an Xbox, but Titanfall 2 is by far the best FPS campaign of the generation and one of the best of all time.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember, Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall were the fun games I had on the Xbone.

It was a view of what the future of FPS could be, and I loved every minute of it.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck yes. Amazing game.

And despite hating and talking a lot of shit about the beta (which I regret) Titanfall 2 as the best multiplayer in gaming.

The campaign while also great, was bested by Infinite Warfare IMHO.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
You mean the game people dropped fast? Such a shame. Game is amazing and bought it on X1 and PC. Really enjoyed PVP and that bank mode. But those modes died fast. On console and PC.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed TF1 moreso then TF2 which is also a great game too. Didn't like how the titans were basically just kill streaks in the second one.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Titanfall 1 was ok at best , Titanfall 2 was great, too bad they released it to get killed.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
It's the best multiplayer shooter of the generation. It was a year or so early to take advantage of the long term support model that has benefitted rainbow six, overwatch, and halo 5 so much. Such a tragedy they went straight to a sequel and fucked it all up.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Seconding Titanfall 2. Game amazing. The campaign was just superb. I spent the entire time-wonk stage basically going :O

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
First game was amazing. My brother and I were monsters at that game. Couldn't get into the second game the way I did the first.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I wish I liked TF2 a lot more than I did

TF1 was so much better

I've honestly been considering picking up an XB1 recently, anyone know what TF1 player counts look like on there, that site that used to tell you TF player counts has gone down and redirects to spam (I played it on XB1 at a friend's place a lot, along with 360 and PC, never owned an XB1)

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It was amazing. Sucks that EA forced them to follow the BR trend in a genre which is dominated by Fortnite and PUBG

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I was playing Titanfall 2's campaign literally this morning, my fourth playthrough! I love it, God I hope the world sees a Titanfall 3 some day.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Titanfall was a big reason i got a gaming pc
Its pretty much my favorite new ip this generation

Its too bad it never really took off like it should.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
The multiplayer in TF1 was better for sure, I just couldn't find the same hooks in TF2s multiplayer.

Still, the campaign in TF2 is absolutely amazing.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I played TF1 multiplayer a considerable amount back on the 360, really enjoyed it a lot, never touched the mo fir TF2 though, but I did enjoy the campaign.

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I look back at this generation and all the great games I've played, I don't think anything has topped the excitement of Titanfall 1.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always had a hard time visually picking out pilots from the flood.

If pilots were a bit more distinct, I might have loved it.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
How can I forget?
The first match I had was on the beta at the start of the gen, the first minutes were a well polished deathmatch with parkour, it was nice, but not "special"... Till we were able to call the titans.
Then I saw a bunch of mechs falling from the sky to the match, quite the view. One of them was mine, once I got inside of it I felt like finally we are having a game that felt next gen.

Then the next gen fully came, and it proved my wrong, TF was left on the behind by CoD and BF, so the FPS pvp field remained pretty much the same.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly Apex Legends has put paid to any chance of a Titanfall 3 happening in the next decade.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
both are great, and I'm hoping for a 3rd.

it's still strange to me how neither managed to catch on. was it the titans themselves thar turned so many people off? or the bots? or maybe it was both.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite game series of the gen.
After the price drop to $5, Titanfall 1's community grew REAL QUICK and the game's true colors were unlocked. It'll always be my first "online FPS addiction".
Titanfall 2 then came, improved on almost everything, gave us a hell of a story mode, better mobility, and a GREAT SLIDE CAUSE THAT SHIT MATTERS.

10/10 both games literally cannot be beaten

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of the wider audience really disliked the titans. The movement was awesome fun, but then everyone jumps into a titan and its a much more limited game of rock paper scissors. I had more fun with titans when i was killing pilots but didnt like fighting other titans vs titans

did titans fight pilots automatically? I cant remember.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Both were great, and TF2's campaign was stellar. I know people like the first multiplayer better, but I think 2 is the overall better package. The map design may be more lane-y but it was an overall tighter and more balanced experience to me. Greater number of viable weapons too.

I know Apex Legends is infinitely more popular, but I vastly prefer arena-style shooters over battle royale. Plus wall running.

With that said, I think both Titanfalls also have fundamental flaws that prevented the series from properly taking off. While the launch window of 2 was certainly an ingredient toward the lack of ignition, systems surrounding the game were pretty lackluster. Not enough mods/weapons/unlocks for its genre, but more importantly no skill-based ranking system. I'll be honest that I'm much more of a Halo kind of dude than I am a COD dude, and I think Tfall would have done well to take more pages from the Halo playbook. The crazy number of COD clones that existed around TFall's releases did little help in making the game really stand out on its own. To be more direct: They nailed the gameplay feel, but a lot of other aspects came up short. I remember that they actually lowered the TTK in an early patch of TF2, and I think that was a pretty big mistake. Shortening TTK often takes away the range of firefight dynamics; yes, the extreme maneuverability maintains dynamic tactics, but the short TTK removes aspects of accuracy over time and therefore persistence/decision making. The decision making ends up coming in the preparation and positioning for the firefight rather than the battle itself. I know people disagree with me there, but that's at least where it dropped off for me.

Last edited:

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Recently beat Titanfall 2's campaign and it was pretty good. Short and good fun. Interesting concepts in there.

Jan 13, 2018
I bought my Xbox One specifically for og TitanFall . No ragrats. 😎

The MP was so much better than TF2, too. ⚔

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure if I want to remember, because doing so reminds that the franchise - one of the greatest this gen and one of the greatest FPSes ever - is all but dead, what arose from its ashes was hitched to the IP but beared no meaningful resemblance to it, and Respawn was purchased by the ever-shitty EA.

A tragedy.