• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds yesterday and that reminded me of all the great things this property already showed in its first game

HZD is a technical marvel of an open-world RPG with a neat concept and very intriguing and well-delivered story. Creature design is pretty unique for the medium and the machines make great enemies for its really fun combat. So yeah, I would comfortably say the debut of this franchise was a pretty great one

igztv8opvvwy.jpg

Not only that, but because of all of this merits and how much I enjoy the game, personally I would pick Horizon Zero Dawn as the best new IP introduced this gen (at least on the AAA scene)

So now I'm curious to know what fellow ERA members think. What title is the best new IP for you this gen so far??

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne her power and impact.

imo it is just incredible, the way it all comes together to create something genuinely memorable and exciting is what makes it the best new IP this gen for me.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
I would say Splatoon.

If Wii U doesn't count, then Horizon is my runner up.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I would say Bloodborne, ORI, and Horizon.

Edit: totally forgot about Overwatch!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The Wonderful 101 is probably my favorite new IP in awhile.
Great characters, music, world, gameplay.
Love it to bits even though I know it'll never get a sequel.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch.

It is so fucking great to see a revival of the TF2 style team-based shooter.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, I think it comes down to Bloodborne or Horizon to me. Bloodborne feels a bit more like a Souls game instead of a brand new IP though, so I think I'll have to give it to Horizon. I just love that game, it's fantastic at nearly everything it wants to accomplish. If they can iron out some of the slight issues, give us stronger side characters and stories on the "current civilization" side of things, and refine combat further, we'll have a real landmark of a sequel in a few years.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely Bloodborne.

Also I don't want it to become a franchise. It should stay singular and perfect like it is now.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Sunset Overdrive
Cuphead
Rocket League
Hyper Light Drifter
Titanfall

I don't think Mario + Rabbids counts since that's a mashup of existing IP, but throwing it regardless. Surprised I wrote so many XB1 games!

Edit: I didn't think that Gravity Rush or Splatoon would count, but if they do then add them to my list!

Z..

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Splatoon, by far. Wii U does count. No mention otherwise in the OP so one must assume it counts.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Bloodborne more than Horizon but I'm going to say Horizon. It's going to be a household name for PlayStation for a long time.

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
Unanimous, Bloodborne or Horizon. Sonyera.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon

Such a great aesthetic and really fun gameplay to boot. Most importantly, it still has plenty of room to grow and improve like any good IP should.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Still Sunset Overdrive for me. Nothing comes close. I have yet to be impressed by a game in the same method Sunset Overdrive has impressed me.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Even though it's essentially still a souls game, I have to go with Bloodborne.

I would also give a shout-out to both Until Dawn and Let it Die.

EDIT: Yeah, and Overwatch. How did I forget about that?