• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I tried once and it didn't work. So I never bothered.

I'll try again with some patches or whatever.

Some day.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played this before, but now the sequel is coming so I guess I have to now.

How long is it?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What all mods are compatible with GOG? Just spent several hours trying to get Antitribu and a model replacement, both failing disastrously and am very tired of trial and error.

I'd really like to play a not overtly racist brujah or any strength focused character

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
How good/bad is the plus patch? Should I get it? I've never played the game before btw

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Weird question, but should I name my character something normal or something vampire-ish? Like, I don't want to be called Steve and every other Vampire is named Lucius Bloodrain. Conversely, I don't want to be called Xander Darkbringer talking to vampires named Liam and Emma.

Lol

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, but should I name my character something normal or something vampire-ish? Like, I don't want to be called Steve and every other Vampire is named Lucius Bloodrain. Conversely, I don't want to be called Xander Darkbringer talking to vampires named Liam and Emma.

Lol

The character names in the game are pretty normal. If my memory serves me right. Off the top of my had you have what Nines, Jack, Sebastian, Therese, Jeanette, Gary, Heather. There might be a few exceptions here and there.

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
I started up a game I long since dropped for another game despite enjoying it. I will definitely try to get to this after I catch up on recent releases. I don't mind starting over though. I didn't get very far.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I'm unsure if the old nature of the original will appeal to me or not. At least in the sense of paying $20 for it.
Right on. Consider giving it a shot if you see it on a low price you like. As old and busted as the game is in many ways, I feel it's just as modern and even ahead of its time in others. I'd call it a gaming's ultimate patchwork. In a sense it's a masterpiece. In another it's an extremely mixed bag. Overall I've never played anything else quite like it in terms of consistent atmosphere, although its older cousin Deus Ex is probably the closest.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I've played the game before so I was really tempted to go with Malkavian, but it's also been so long since I originally played it that I don't remember much so now I'm stuck figuring out what clan to go with.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No matter what, I always end up just dancing at the Asylum, just listening to the music and watching my Tremere get funky.

There's shit to be done, but it's not more important than this.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This mod has some cringey shit lol

I have no idea how i somehow cheated with stats, but apparently I did while I was trying to make the ui work lol. Anyway this modder is an ass either way:
S908ppu.png

This is a very taxing experience so far, both modded and unmodded and everything in-between.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, don't temp me. I got so many games to play this weekend specifically - I rented DMC V - but this is hard to resist.

As an aside, I have a friend who is super into horror games and for the longest time I recommended he play the seaside hotel level from VtM:B. I even gifted him the game on steam and gave him a savestate of right at the start of the level. This was back around 2014 when I first suggested it to him and only just this year did he finally get around to playing the darn level.

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
Replaying it with the latest Clan Quest version mod, which is my favourite add-on thus far. I'm playing a Tremere who specializes in firearms. It's a lot of fun. I will never get tired of "switching off" enemies with Trance so I can run past undetected. Very useful for neutralizing enemies in combat or ensuring I don't get surprised by an unexpected patrol around the corner. Can't wait until I can make enemies vomit to death. :)

Normally my favoured build is a Toreador with a focus on melee weapons, but I'm really liking Tremere. Really looking forward to what kind of powers they'll get to play with in Bloodlines 2.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
What the hell, LaCroix for some reason gave me the apartment despite me pledging allegiance to the Anarchs, being a bit of an asshole to him in the conversation leading to the boat quest and being seen in the boat. I was already dredging thinking how I would need to keep going back to Santa Monica to check for emails, it's actually the first time ever that I got an Haven outside of the first one. I'm playing on Unofficial Patch Plus, so that might explain why he gave the apartment, not sure.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell, LaCroix for some reason gave me the apartment despite me pledging allegiance to the Anarchs, being a bit of an asshole to him in the conversation leading to the boat quest and being seen in the boat. I was already dredging thinking how I would need to keep going back to Santa Monica to check for emails, it's actually the first time ever that I got an Haven outside of the first one. I'm playing on Unofficial Patch Plus, so that might explain why he gave the apartment, not sure.

I always got it.

And then in one playthrough I kissed his ass he didn't give it to me.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Playing as a Ventrue for the first time. I played as a Malkavian on my first go, but never finished.

It's kind of nice just going around and seducing people and then draining blood, but it does suck that I cant feed on everyone or rats.

I just finished getting the bomb back for Mercutio, and now I'm going to be looking around and doing some stuff before I get too far into the main quest.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Playing as a Ventrue for the first time. I played as a Malkavian on my first go, but never finished.

It's kind of nice just going around and seducing people and then draining blood, but it does suck that I cant feed on everyone or rats.

I just finished getting the bomb back for Mercutio, and now I'm going to be looking around and doing some stuff before I get too far into the main quest.
That's pretty much exactly where I finished up tonight too. I wish I played this game earlier, I'm really feeling it.

I liked playing through a save I made right at the beach house a few times to see if I could get what I needed a different way... and was able to.

I'm actually a little bit further at
where you confront that prostetics man
I started off as a Nosferatu because that's what the game recommended, but someone at another game site suggested I hold off on the Nos until a later playthrough because I might miss stuff I might want to see on my first time, so I picked Ventrue because it seemed like a "more basic" character type (as a vampire, at least).

Oct 27, 2017
everytime this is posted I'm so tempted but since I own the steam version and am deathly afraid of random internet exe's I always give up. I'd love for the steam version to get the unofficial patch applied but that's clearly a pipedream.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to try this. Is there anything I need to know going in, like any way to completely fuck up my playthrough?

I have it installed with the patch at least.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Just going to say that if you are interested in playing Malkavian you should just go for it. I did Malkavian my first time through and it was a genuinely amazing experience. Your character is insane and doesn't really know what's going on and neither do you, though eventually you get used to it and can begin to figure out how to 'understand' the insanity in the dialogue choices.

People say it spoils the game but I didn't really feel that was the case at all. The plot still surprised me even with the cool foreshadowing and future sight stuff.

Play whatever clan you want and you will love the game. Don't force yourself to play a way you don't feel is interesting. The beauty of this game is how adaptable it is to player choice and desire.

Plus, since the game is so different on each playthrough doing a limited run through with Malkavian or Nosferatu means on replays you can play a more standard clan and basically get to play a completely different game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Played a couple hours today. Mainly to get my legs under me. Playing as a Ventrue, pretty sure way back when I played as a Brujah. I love the brand of humor in this.

hcF8CsS.jpg

Aw, damn, Did you die on me? Lmao.

The character models are obviously very dated, but the environment's still kinda got a nice spooky charm to it.

hoawmr.png

And Commander Shepard's got nothing on this:

zon

Oct 28, 2017
I have too many games to play already but I recommend playing as Malkavian for a very unique experience!

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
everytime this is posted I'm so tempted but since I own the steam version and am deathly afraid of random internet exe's I always give up. I'd love for the steam version to get the unofficial patch applied but that's clearly a pipedream.
Just download it from ModDB, no reason to be afraid, it's literally the same EXE that GOG is patched with. I just reinstalled it without issue.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I played as a Malkavian on my first playthrough and it was fantastic.

FWIW.

I'm planning to go in myself rather vanilla. I debated adding the "Clans" mods that add some clan specific quests and new branches to the game I hear are very good (and many recommend it), but as I've never played the game all the way through I'd rather take the canon story for this playthrough especially keeping in mind the sequel is coming (I do hear the characters are faithful to the lore of Vampire: The Masquerade, but I want to see what the game establishes by itself).

I have decided to use the Dev0lved ENB mod though: https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/10/

Mainly just to make the game a bit prettier:
Looks amazing for a game that's almost 15 years old. Mod looks somewhat oversaturated, but I think it fits the game.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I own this already and have always meant to play it but haven't. Might be next old game to play. It'll just have to be whenever I'm able to finish Sekiro. Looking forward to it though

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Just reinstalled it. I got around halfway through the game in the past, but fell off of it for unknown reasons. I'm looking forward to it. (Finally, something that makes sense to play on my new MBP.)