• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, thread title says it all. I need some inspiration.
Were talking living room and something that mix well with what I've already decided to buy.
This is what I've got in my cart right now:
1886705.jpg

1878292.jpg

I like minimalist stuff, stuff based on films, comics, anime, 80s, 90s. I've looked over some classic Bauhaus stuff and Yayoi Kusama stuff the last couple of days but haven't decided on anything yet, but I do like what I see.
And no quotes. Those are lame.

Oh and if you have any sites to recommend they must be willing to ship internationally.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, thread title says it all. I need some inspiration.
Were talking living room and something that mix well with what I've already decided to buy.
This is what I've got in my cart right now:
1886705.jpg

1878292.jpg

I like minimalist stuff, stuff based on films, comics, anime, 80s, 90s. I've looked over some classic Bauhaus stuff and Yayoi Kusama stuff the last couple of days but haven't decided on anything yet, but I do like what I see.
And no quotes. Those are lame.

Your best bet is to scour the internet, find high resolution stuff without extra stuff on it and then make whatever you want out of that. That's what I've done.

1622589688648737-0.png

A pic I took earlier this year. I have 16 canvas in all on the walls. All gaming related.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
If you already have some art in mind, you can't go wrong with plants and color blocking if you're wanting to add more points of interest to your walls.

I don't have a lot of stuff on my walls, but I've gotten creative with paint to accentuate what I do have.

BeABSnp.jpg

(an example of color blocking)

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
get some dog posters
I do love dogs and I'm allergic so a poster is not a bad idea at all.
Hah! Love that films as well, actually watched a reaction to it a couple of hours ago.
Find a local art show, take some money, and buy some local art. Support local, and help artist grow their career and hype them the fuck up.
Would love too, definitely worth looking into. I do support lots of local bands but can't say I know of any artists or art shows here.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I would say about 80% of the art on my walls was purchased in farmer's market. You can find really cool pieces for reasonable prices at those

Etsy can be good for something very specific like the sorts of stuff you're talking about. You might also check out comic shops and game stores for cool comic, film, anime posters

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I would say about 80% of the art on my walls was purchased in farmer's market. You can find really cool pieces for reasonable prices at those

Etsy can be good for something very specific like the sorts of stuff you're talking about. You might also check out comic shops and game stores for cool comic, film, anime posters
Sadly my town isn't that big and is really lacking when it comes to stuff like this. Like the shop I used to buy comics at growing up closed over 15 years ago and there haven't been one since then. We don't even have a GameStop anymore. And the only market we have that might have cool art or posters only comes once a year and have been cancelled due to covid. So yeah, online shopping or finding local artists are probably my only choices here. Etsy might be nice, they ship internationally right?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Sadly my town isn't that big and is really lacking when it comes to stuff like this. Like the shop I used to buy comics at growing up closed over 15 years ago and there haven't been one since then. We don't even have a GameStop anymore. And the only market we have that might have cool art or posters only comes once a year and have been cancelled due to covid. So yeah, online shopping or finding local artists are probably my only choices here. Etsy might be nice, they ship internationally right?

They do!

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I have the 12x18 versions of these, and I love them both. Not sure if they're up OPs alley, but maybe the artist has other stuff they like.

www.chasingartwork.com

24x36 Poster: Aku — Chasing Artwork

Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku , the shape shifting master of darkness…. • Standard Movie poster size 24x36in • Signed by artist • Rolled/shipped in a tube *frame not included
www.chasingartwork.com

The Cake is a Lie — Chasing Artwork

Chasing Artwork Comic Con Print: • 12x18in print on Satin Cardstock. • Signed by the artist, with gold sharpie, small in the right bottom corner. • Shipped in a wide tube to ensure a safe and undamaged journey for the artwork.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
If you're feeling daring and a little artsy yourself, you could get the materials needed for acrylic pouring and try making some abstract art. You basically thin a bunch of paint down so they run like water, layer them in a cup, and spill it on a canvas. I've got three paintings on my wall that all look pretty cool, and each only took about an hour to make. That includes setup and teardown.

acrylic_pour_3__i_used_a_straw_lots_by_conkersbadfurday_ddv8qy2-fullview.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
Pls consider buying prints directly from independent artists if you can. It makes a huge difference in actually being able to survive as an artist. Here's a couple of my fave artists.

Dave Rapoza - he does a lot of fan art of anime and video games.
8074e70b9c524741c43969f91088ef98.jpg

awanqi - anime-ish illustrator, does a lot of angels
0c3a53002e763d703c8f15c67bd61b7b.jpg

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Dave Rapoza has some sick pop culture art in printable sizes on his Patreon.

link

link

link

You could pay $5 for a month of rewards + the cost of printing and get some insane wall art.