• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
It's cheap chocolate, mostly kids like it. Their "symphony" bars are a bit better.

Also, I've had some Cadbury chocolate and that shit was garbage (at least the stuff getting sent over here).

You know why?

Because Kraft bought it and ruined it. America ruined Cadbury.

It's very different now, I can't really eat it anymore compared to what it was.

A great British tragedy.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
It's chocolate.

Just like tacos and just like pizza it's all fine. Sure some of it's better than others but it's all fine.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I'm fine with it as normal standard issue grocery store eisle chocolate. Yes, there's better stuff out there, but its fine as a $1 grocery store purchase. Plus Cookies and Crème, Peanut Butter Cups and Kit Kat fucking rock.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I had a Hershey bar melted on top of a chocolate cake in a restaurant once. They burned the bar.

Minor PTSD

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
It's really bad.

If I'm going to eat something that's got more bad than good in it from a health standpoint, I'm not going to waste it on trash. There are dozens of great chocolate makers in the US. It costs more but it tastes 50x better and I get much more satisfaction out of eating 1/2 oz of it than I do an entire Hershey bar.

Thurston Last

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
You know why?

A great British tragedy.

IvKgfA5.jpg

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Hershey's is square in the middle of chocolate quality. It's not as good as something that Cadbury produces but it's leagues ahead of anything you'll get from Palmer's, which tastes like if you described what chocolate tastes like to a martian and asked them to replicate it.

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
Every chocolate has its place for me. Sometimes I feel like something more deluxe, and sometimes I crave that horrible, cheap bulk chocolate shaped like Santa Clause. No judgment here!

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
It's cheap chocolate, mostly kids like it. Their "symphony" bars are a bit better.

Also, I've had some Cadbury chocolate and that shit was garbage (at least the stuff getting sent over here).

Cadbury chocolate in America is made under licence by Hershey, who hold the rights. I've no idea whether it's similar to the British version or is made using the Hershey process leaving the buttery taste American consumers like and the foul aftertaste non-Americans detect on first tasting.

Edit: not that British Cadbury chocolate is good. It's not even very chocolaty, although it's okay if all you want is a quick sugar fix. The Wholenut variety is actually quite fun to eat, although I shudder to contemplate the damage it does to the teeth and gums.

Last edited:

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Cookies and Cream is good, and the chocolate chips are good as ingredients, avoid everything else Hershey.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
You know why?

A great British tragedy.

Sucks they sold to Kraft but I never noticed a massive change in taste tbh, I still love a nice big bar of Dairy Milk, Dairy Milk Caramel or a big bag of Giant Buttons. I have a sweet tooth though and love most chocolate lol

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I've never tried it, I think. At least not with that name.

Milka, Nestlé and locally produced brands seem to dominate my local market.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Hershey's chocolate is like cardboard. Though the cookies and cream one isn't too bad.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's bizarre to see that shit on our shelves next to great chocolate. I don't know who even buys it, no one who is sane in the UK would prefer it over the other chocolate we have.

I tried one out of curiosity and it was rank.

Yeah it's weird and grainy, and tastes like cheap Easter eggs.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hershey's singlehandedly destroyed KitKat in America.

Americans, come to Canada or Europe and try some actual KitKat.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah the butyric acid is designed to make it easier to keep and ship and whatnot (at least the milk involved). Hershey's chocolate isn't great but it's cheap and won't go bad worse. I'm not much of a fan, but, yes, it means that Hershey's is, like, crazy cheap chocolate.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Hershey's is fine. Yeah, it's not high quality chocolate but it still tastes good to me. It's at its best when slightly melted and paired with other ingredients, like in s'mores or these delicious cookies...

8cf03fe6-7ebd-4804-840e-95c45eb5b9f7.jpg

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I like them

Strangely I do not like British milk chocolates. Too creamy and sweet. I prefer Belgian and Hershey's. They fit different palettes

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
it's fine. i'm more concerned about the hate boners for it to be honest.

i like hershey's, i like german chocolate, i like english chocolate (both the americanized ones and the stuff brought back to me from the UK when my friends go), i like all kinds of chocolate. it's got it's place in the spectrum, and it's by no means at the very end of that spectrum. wait until easter, go the walgreens or something, and buy up all the non-hersheys/mars/nestle brand chocolate you can find, and then try to tell me hershey's is the worst with a straight face.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
I tried one and I live in Sweden so they are imported and quite expensive. Nastiest shit I have ever eaten.