• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic

Inside Edition said:
A Texas man out on his morning walk came close to dying when he was suddenly attacked by two vicious pit bulls. Fortunately, he survived, thanks to some quick-acting neighbors who jumped into action and saved the man's life. Surveillance video shows the off-leash dogs aggressively barking at the frightened 68-year-old man. He tried to back away, but the dogs lunged. He desperately tried to escape, but they knocked him to the ground and mauled him.

Crazy to me seeing something like this happen seemingly so casually. Breaks my heart to see the dude barely moving after the dogs finally decide to leave him alone. Bless the neighbors for stepping in.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck those dogs and their shitty owners. Put the dogs down and put the owners in prison for attempted murder. You want to have shitty dogs that makes you feel all macho and tough? Keep them on a fucking leash and away from innocent neighbors. The neighbors that saved the victim are indeed heroes.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck those dogs and their shitty owners. Put the dogs down and put the owners in prison for attempted murder. You want to have shitty dogs that makes you feel all macho and tough? Keep them on a fucking leash and away from innocent neighbors. The neighbors that saved the victim are indeed heroes.
Yup. Bully mixes are a fucking plague

Oct 27, 2017
Let's not do this again, okay. Breed specific shitposting (especially when people who have no clue what a bully breed is and can't distinguish between them lumps all bully breeds together) gets threads locked on the forum and with good reason.

The breed of dog isn't the problem. It's the people that own any breed of dog who allow or train their dogs to engage in this type of behavior that are the problem.

Sick and tired of this shit from people here.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Joke
*Edited insensitive and unnecessary comment

anyway, breed posting never goes well

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Wow where the fuck was their owner? That poor dude bloodied as shit. Goddamn.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Does the new Texas law allow bounty hunters to be sicced on the owner or is that only for abortions?

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Texas? Pretty sure they caught those dogs and put them down. Now send the hospital bills to the shitty dog owner and arrest him/her.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
In the city i live in there are so many of these dogs. And all the owners try to look as bad-ass as they possibly can. It's fucking pathetic.
I feel bad for the dogs that they have to be with these insecure aggressive owners.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure people ITT are going to have great nuanced takes and not blame the dogs because of what breed they are. Oh wait....

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not do this again, okay. Breed specific shitposting (especially when people who have no clue what a bully breed is lumps all bully breeds together) gets threads locked on the forum and with good reason.

The breed of dog isn't the problem. It's the people that own any breed of dog who allow or train their dogs to engage in this type of behavior.

Sick and tired of this shit from people here.

bully breeds were breed for aggression and to be game. saying otherwise is ignoring genetics & history and leads to situations where people have way more dog than they're capable of handling responsibly. sure a bad owner can make any dog aggressive, but its easier to do with game dogs which bully mixes are. saying shit "like blame the owner not the breed" is irresponsible.

get out of here with your anti science rhetoric and keep it to FB groups

I thought that was already a law?
depends on the location. i'm guessing the dogs will be put down and the owners may be on the hook for any medical bills. doubt they'll be charged with anything

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Not Texas, but I go to Philly a lot and everyone there seemingly owns a pitbull. They're a pretty sweet and gentle breed with good owners. Unfortunately, that rules out most of the parts of Philly I've been to.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Horrific video and event, difficult to watch when they go for the face and latch on. So thankful that the men were there to help him, literal life savers. I imagine your only hope outside of that would have been to get on the car, and it was way, way too late for that at that point.

good bois just want a lil kiss
What's wrong with you?

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
bully breeds were breed for aggression and to be game. saying otherwise is ignoring genetics & history and leads to situations where people have way more dog than they're capable of handling responsibly. sure a bad owner can make any dog aggressive, but its easier to do with game dogs which bully mixes are. saying shit "like blame the owner not the breed" is irresponsible.

depends on the location. i'm guessing the dogs will be put down and the owners may be on the hook for any medical bills. doubt they'll be charged with anything

Yeah some of these scare the shit out of me man. I've seen videos where they get shot multiple times by a cop and still keep mauling the victim.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Would be interested in reading the behavioral science data by qualified professionals that is so damning of pitbulls that it's ok to label the entire breed the plague.

I will admit, these threads are difficult to read. I think of my rottie from my childhood, who's only act of aggression was going from person to person at family gatherings and aggressively presenting her butt for scratches.

And my pitbulls, who loved to aggressively... Hide shit around the house.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Why I always have a knife on me when walking.

Though I don't know how much it would help in an attack like that.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Potential does not fucking matter. Animals are a product of their environment. You even admitted in your own post that any breed can become aggressive if they have a bad owner. Bringing up the breed here in this story does not fucking matter and is only brought up to further perpetuate all the absolute garbage discrimination that Pit Bulls face.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
There are always going to be shitty people and shitty dog owners, there's nothing we can do to stop that. But we CAN do something about breeds that can turn into literal killing machines in the hands of the wrong person.

No different than guns. I'd rather outlaw guns even if the responsible owners suffer.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
The owners 100% need to be held responsible and unfortunately now those dogs have to be squashed. Imagine how often and how many people they harassed/attacked before this.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are always going to be shitty people and shitty dog owners, there's nothing we can do to stop that. But we CAN do something about breeds that can turn into literal killing machines in the hands of the wrong person.

No different than guns. I'd rather outlaw guns even if the responsible owners suffer.

Right so we're going to ethnize an entire breed of dog because a handful of bad owners are either negligent or breed them to be intentionally aggressive. Yeah, great solution you have there.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Horrific video and event, difficult to watch when they go for the face and latch on. So thankful that the men were there to help him, literal life savers. I imagine your only hope outside of that would have been to get on the car, and it was way, way too late for that at that point.

What's wrong with you?
Daysean
He's riffing on the fact that the pitbull "pibbles" subreddit say this about all the dogs when things go awry.

He's being sarcastic, I believe.

That said, it's not obvious if you don't know about that sub and it's not the place for this.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I assure you I have no agenda, feel free to check out my post history, I would've shared these news regardless of what breed the dogs were
My b, i should've clarified
I meant more so, its usually a topic that just never goes anywhere positively or doesn't last long
but I'm no arbiter of posts/mod so ignore me and my backseat modding

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't matter whether a dog is the sweetest angel amongst family. What matters is whether the dog can be trusted around strangers in a stressful situation.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Potential does not fucking matter. Animals are a product of their environment. You even admitted in your own post that any breed can become aggressive if they have a bad owner. Bringing up the breed here in this story does not fucking matter and is only brought up to further perpetuate all the absolute garbage discrimination that Pit Bulls face.

the bolded is flat out wrong. unless by environment you mean centuries of purposeful breeding. just like every living thing its nature and nuture. dont deny what the nature of the breed is.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
We all know the situation would be just as urgent if it had been a pair of poorly raised schnauzers. /s

Glad the victim survived and glad there were neighbors who were willing to approach a situation that could have been just as dangerous to themselves.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Daysean
He's riffing on the fact that the pitbull subreddit "pibbles" say this about all the dogs when things go awry.

He's being sarcastic.

That said, it's not obvious if you don't know about that sub.
Right... weird ass thing to say in response to a visceral video of someone having their face torn open by dogs as they're mauled to near death. Appreciate you giving the context behind the uh, joke though.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Why I always have a knife on me when walking.

Though I don't know how much it would help in an attack like that.
It should help perfectly. They attack when you start retreating. So, stand your gaurd and swing if they try to take a bite.

I ride bicycle often and have used to it as a shield. The main thing is, don't try to run away.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It shouldn't matter whether a dog is the sweetest angel amongst family. What matters is whether the dog can be trusted around strangers in a stressful situation.

This is true, which is why owners shouldn't be reckless and neglectful, and should do everything they can to protect their pets, and not after the fact.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Right.. weird ass thing to say in response to a visceral video of someone being having their face torn open by dogs as they're mauled to near death. Appreciate the context behind the uh, joke though.
Yep. Was just mentioning the context. And I agree. Got to me before my edit.

Foul number one was not having these dogs leashed.

LEASH YOUR DOGS

I chastise people in the street all the time even if it's a little barking fuck. Not because I'm scared of it, but because it will undoubtedly one day run into the street or a bigger dog and die. Ticking time bomb.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that was already a law?

I seriously doubt it. If it is we should see far more owners outed and arrested following these cases. The overall theme with this bullshit seems to be a bunch of finger pointing and doing absolutely nothing about it while this shit keeps happening. And I think that's exactly the way a lot of people like it. Doing nothing while people get hurt or worse; but its okay because of the preachy lip service that occurs after each horrible event I guess.

Shit makes me sick.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Holy shit they were out for blood. Fuck shitty owners who raise dogs to be killing machines, can't even keep the fuckers on a leash or indoors. It's why I always put a leash on my cocker even if I'm only in my front garden, it only takes one bad moment from an unleashed dog and something terrible could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.