• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Holy shit. This was one of those really, really niche Vita exclusives that never got the localization treatment, probably due to being a 2016 JP Vita release and it being harder to justify the translation. Degica is bringing it over with a translation on PC!

store.steampowered.com

Hero must die. again on Steam

The hero defeated the demon Guile, but lost his life in the process. Given five more days to put his affairs in order, guide him to the best possible funeral in this anti-RPG where he grows weaker.

From Wikipedia:

The concept of Hero Must Die was developed by its scenario writer and designer Shoji Masuda based on his experiences of watching his father deteriorate from cirrhosis. The characters were designed by Shunya Yamashita, who both had creative freedom and was asked to adjust many of his designs. The music was composed by Kenji Ito, and was his first time working on a mobile game.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, I remember relentlessly begging NISA for this one on Twitter then giving up and importing.

Will double-dip.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
The premise is really interesting...

The hero defeated the demon Guile, but lost his life in the process. Given five more days to put his affairs in order, guide him to the best possible funeral in this anti-RPG where he grows weaker.

• Fantasy anti-RPG where the hero starts at his strongest, and grows weaker as time passes
  • Over 50 different funerals (endings) depending on what the hero accomplished

Wishlisted.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
So weird. Hope Degica manages to grab some of those unlocalized NIS visual novels as well.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Hell yeah
I completely forgot about this game. I love how Degica keeps going back and finding random old games and Vita games and bringing them over.

Shoon

Dec 25, 2017
Have this on Vita but never got around to it! Dope to hear it's coming to PC in English!

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
  • Fantasy anti-RPG where the hero starts at his strongest, and grows weaker as time passes

Wow, this is the premise I've been looking for. The closest one I've ever played was a particular section in WC3 where you gradually leveled down.