• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I would actually imagine this being below their higher-end stuff. If they can get some decent chairs in the 400ish dollar range they would rake it in.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I love chairs (or specifically the design of chairs, and all furniture design), I also to a lesser extent love videogames. Never, has it ever been useful, important or productive for the one to cater exclusively to the other. Unless people specifically enjoy looking at this abominations in some sort of ironic way.

Gaming and it's culture is too esoteric a need, to require a specific form of chair. Offering a triangle shaped Dorito holder in an armrest is not nice design.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Speaking of Herman Miller, I'm thinking about getting the Sayl chair. Anyone on this forum have it? I'm done with 'gamer' and 'racer' chairs.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Love my herman miller aeron and love my logitech products. They make the best stuff in my opinion. Can't wait to see what they come out with.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this just an Embody? The price is even similar.
You can't customize it so yeah, just assuming this is a mid tier Embody model with locked spes.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That chair does not look like it is worth that price

Sorry i'm working class
It's more that they are a luxury brand in the space. I'm not buying marked up Embody's.

They also sell these:

Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman – Herman Miller

Shop Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman and see our wide selection of Lounge Chairs & Ottomans at Herman Miller. In stock, exclusive, and ready to ship – authentic modern furniture from iconic designers.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I am, I guess for some reason I thought that maybe this line might be a little more affordable.
I think they misunderstood the gaming market here.

I don't think this segment will drop 1500 bucks on stuff they can get for 400--Secret Labs for example. Secret Labs makes the traditional racing style chairs.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
This is just a more expensive and reskinned Herman Miller Embody. It's a great chair, but you're better off getting an Embody new that's cheaper or at an outlet for half the price.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
They also released a gaming desk.

Motia Gaming Sit-to-Stand Desk – Herman Miller

Shop Motia Gaming Sit-to-Stand Desk and see our wide selection of Gaming Desks at Herman Miller. In stock, exclusive, and ready to ship – authentic modern furniture from iconic designers.

You can get Jarvis from Fully at around 1/3 of the price of this.

ray_caster

Nov 7, 2017
It's more that they are a luxury brand in the space. I'm not buying marked up Embody's.

They also sell these:

Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman – Herman Miller

Shop Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman and see our wide selection of Lounge Chairs & Ottomans at Herman Miller. In stock, exclusive, and ready to ship – authentic modern furniture from iconic designers.
I should add that at that price the lounge chair is cheap compared to what I have to pay where I live.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017

Shop Motia Gaming Sit-to-Stand Desk and see our wide selection of Gaming Desks at Herman Miller. In stock, exclusive, and ready to ship – authentic modern furniture from iconic designers.

$1300 for a big plank of wood on sticks. My IKEA desk looks like this and it was less than $200. I get the chair because you have to sit in that all day but this desk price is crazy.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm going to wait for the massdrop x herman miller chair that's magically 30% of the original price.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, and even a fully loaded 60x30 Uplift commercial sit-stand is cheaper by $300.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
embody_prd_gallery_08.jpg

I know everyone is hating, but this is really the best set up Herman Miller could come up with?

Why are those books on the floor?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
That price is a yikes.

I'm using an Aeron right now, truly a wonderful chair, but I paid $230 at an outlet store for it. I doubt these will drop it price as they're gaming branded.

Oct 27, 2017
$1300 for a big plank of wood on sticks. My IKEA desk looks like this and it was less than $200. I get the chair because you have to sit in that all day but this desk price is crazy.

It's a motorised standing/sitting desk. Still costs a lot, but the comparable Ikea one is $600 (and by most accounts, their standing desks are very much on the 'cheap and cheerful' side of things).

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

Wish it came with a headrest.

So it's just an embody with a "gaming" skin.

Bleh.

I've sat in an embody so this is going to be way better than other "gaming" chairs. But I was hoping they would actually put effort and offer something that caters to the quirks of gaming on a PC or heck even a console because while their lineup is limited each chair is good at what they are designed to do.

A reskin isn't what I was hoping for.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
That price is a yikes.

I'm using an Aeron right now, truly a wonderful chair, but I paid $230 at an outlet store for it. I doubt these will drop it price as they're gaming branded.
They really misread this market. Gamers are not playing 1500 for a chair like this. These things will be clearance in time.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
It's a motorised standing/sitting desk. Still costs a lot, but the comparable Ikea one is $600 (and by most accounts, their standing desks are very much on the 'cheap and cheerful' side of things).
Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Didn't realise that. Selling motorised standing desks to "Gamers" is pretty funny of itself though to be honest.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Fully, which makes better stand/stand motorized desk than IKEA have similar desks that start at 450.

And better is based on industry reviews, not my opinion.

This one is 3x that price and basically looks the same.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Man I wish I could afford a Herman Miller chair at all let alone this one, they look dope and must be mad comfortable.
Outlets, sales, and second hand are good options. eBay is also decent. Never get these full price. Herman Miller also has a twice yearly sale. Also some office furniture warehouses sometimes sell these to the public.

All these luxury brands and stores tend to have twice yearly sales. I'm expecting more due to coronavirus.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
embody_prd_gallery_08.jpg

I know everyone is hating, but this is really the best set up Herman Miller could come up with?

Why are those books on the floor?
kotaku.com

Fortnite YouTubers Buy Mansion, Decorate It Like Sad Teenagers

Behold the One Percent Fortnite house, a mansion some gaming YouTubers bought and proceeded to turn into a vaguely fun-looking giant home office. It’s both a reminder that even when you’ve “made it” as an influencer the grind never stops, and also that most people have no idea how to decorate a...

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Fully, which makes better stand/stand motorized desk than IKEA have similar desks that start at 450.

And better is based on industry reviews, not my opinion.

This one is 3x that price and basically looks the same.
You're definitely right about price but you gotta also factor in the crazy warranty HM has, I'm not defending the price but it is something. IKEA probably wouldn't even pay you no mind after a couple months while this and the chair is 12 years

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Outlets, sales, and second hand are good options. eBay is also decent. Never get these full price. Herman Miller also has a twice yearly sale. Also some office furniture warehouses sometimes sell these to the public.

All these luxury brands and stores tend to have twice yearly sales. I'm expecting more due to coronavirus.
Gonna start looking into it because I'm in need of one, I have one of those vertagear "gaming chairs" and it's one of the worst purchases I've made. So uncomfortable plus I called them to have a part replaced in January and I'm still waiting for it. Thanks.