• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of one in all of their designs is intentional, but sometimes I do just want to lean back against a headrest.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm kind of wanting them to make a slightly less ergonomic chair, that is more about relaxing. Probably not in their DNA to do so. :)

You can get one for your Aeron, a headrest that is.

I'm aware. They're 3rd-party things that I don't particularly like the look of.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
Not too comparable. Office chairs are a rather stable market. Streaming culture is growing. And influencer marketing is huge. This is a great move for HM. It's low risk and high reward.
Well said.

I'm curious to see what the products actually look like. I have an Embody, but am interested in what this will turn out to be.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Finally gaming chair that isn't out to destroy your spine?

Cool.

I'm sure they price their stuff competitively against other gamer chair brands.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Finally gaming chair that isn't out to destroy your spine?

Cool.

Or your upper back/chest/shoulders. Racing seats have no place in the gaming sector because you're not literally moving. That's why those seats are designed that way- for when you're in a moving vehicle making turns and needing to stay put in the seat without sliding or rolling too much. There's literally no benefit to the design if you're stationary.

Instead, we're sitting at our desks with our shoulders rolled forward destroying our posture and causing pain. I'm not saying they need to be those $1k ergo office chairs or something but the current trendy gaming chairs are awful, and just meant to "look" like they're meant for gaming.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder about the pricing. Not interested in buying since my Aeron is on its way, but HM line up is already expensive and "gaming" branding usually tacks on quite a bit ha.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My xbox is set up on rolling cabinet with a TV on top of it and I just park a rolling chair I got from a thrift store in front of it and it does me just fine.

I think this and any other gaming chairs are really only an issue if you are gaming like 4+ hours at a time.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully both companies will bring their A game.

What don't you like about it?
don't like mesh chairs and the tough front lip of the seat.

HM has more models than just Aerons.

Look at the SAYL, my personal fav, for instance.

officedesigns.com

Sayl Chair

Sayl Chair
That def looks better than the aeron, too bad my company wont spring for new chairs if the aerons aren't completely unusable. Think they are also only buying human scale chairs now as a conference room has new humanscale chairs.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's a mesh chair then I'll probably snatch it up right away. If not, then I hope they have a solution for breath-ability.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I'm really interested in what comes from this team up. I would definitely consider getting a chair since I really like my Aeron at work.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say after much debate and hesitation I got a Softweave Omega at Christmas and it's the only chair I regularly sit in that doesn't feel like it wants to kill my back. Really comfortable.
I also got a Softweave version (This one!). It's very comfortable and reinforces good posture habits for me.

Pricier than your average chair, but definitely cheaper than an Aeron by Herman Miller.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else think that the partnership should bring out products at a lower price point considering its logitech? at least i hope so. im in desperate need of a chair that doesnt fuck up my neck and back, but i dont have $1200 to spend on a chair.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Or your upper back/chest/shoulders. Racing seats have no place in the gaming sector because you're not literally moving. That's why those seats are designed that way- for when you're in a moving vehicle making turns and needing to stay put in the seat without sliding or rolling too much. There's literally no benefit to the design if you're stationary.

Instead, we're sitting at our desks with our shoulders rolled forward destroying our posture and causing pain. I'm not saying they need to be those $1k ergo office chairs or something but the current trendy gaming chairs are awful, and just meant to "look" like they're meant for gaming.

Yup, people who buy them are very dumb. Willing to spend thousands on a PC/chair but not do the research.

I love my Aeron though.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I had my Aeron awakening in college when all the major computer labs used them. I realized one day I had been sitting working in the same place for like 4 hours without any fatigue at all. Took me until 2017 to get my own, but it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Nice.

let's hope they can make chairs that 1000% avoid the revolting gamer aesthetic for that everyone uses.
I don't need RGB LEDs, vents and grills everywhere .

I guess it begs the question, what makes a "gamer" chair different?

OP
OP
LiK

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

let's hope they can make chairs that 1000% avoid the revolting gamer aesthetic for that everyone uses.
I don't need RGB LEDs, vents and grills everywhere .

I guess it begs the question, what makes a "gamer" chair different?

I'm wondering why "gamer chairs" have to look like racing bucket seats. Who came up with that idea.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I hope they go the other way and the come out with $400-$500 chairs that combat those stupid "racing" computer gaming chairs. Maybe not as GOOD as a HM original but still good quality. Something that won't F up a generations backs from gaming in them.